909 replies to this topic

#541 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

@calgarybride2015 that makes total sense. You can always tell when someone is trying way too hard and it doesn't sound real. Besides, the tears in my eyes probably won't allow me to read so I better have these semi-memorized hahah. 

Hopefully you guys get used to the noise, maybe it was a bad night. I'm guessing it's worse during the weekend but it may be ok during weekdays. I do like this neighbourhood and there's so many kids, I'm sure your kids will make friends ;). I go to these fitness classes once a week at a park around here. I go once a week because I want to also take advantage of the gym, but they have classes 3-4 times a week. There's a playground there and there's always plenty of kids. If you live across the street from the catholic school, go left on the main road, make the first left and go to the end of that cul de sac, it's right there :) 

@acw271011 I agree, at first I was a bit more bummed about the drop outs, but now it's ok. We will have a blast regardless :) and I'll get to spend more time with each person. As I mentioned, some of these are still maybes, so they're not total drop outs yet. I just don't have much hope for people that are still maybes 4 days before the deadline. 

I agree with you 100%, when you translate things, so much gets lost in translation. I bet if I wrote different ones in English they would sound wayy better. As I was writing them I also got a lot of ideas in English and they were great, but when I translated them to Spanish they sounded so bad hahah. I soon realized I couldn't translate, and they had to straight up be made in either one language or the other :P 

The resort can be so frustrating. Sometimes I do wish I had gone with a beach club instead. They are lucky that their venues are so beautiful. I don't know, maybe most resorts are like this. I just feel like they treat people like they're idiots and that we will pay whatever for something we want. There's definitely a limit to everything. 

@snswedding2016 @perianjay thank you ladies. I might tweak them a bit, but I don't think they'll change much :) 

event.png

#542 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

@TinkerSofi

Ah I love your planning thread! Lots of cute and fun ideas. Those serongs are amazing!!! I've just started making my OOT bags for the wedding party and its so exciting, only problem is I could spend a fortune with all the things I'd love to put in them. Well done. And your dress is so beautiful! Can't wait to see your wedding photos :)

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#543 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

@TinkerSofi

Ah I love your planning thread! Lots of cute and fun ideas. Those serongs are amazing!!! I've just started making my OOT bags for the wedding party and its so exciting, only problem is I could spend a fortune with all the things I'd love to put in them. Well done. And your dress is so beautiful! Can't wait to see your wedding photos :)

thanks! I know I feel like I could have spent a fortune on the OOT bags if it wasn't for Juan saying no to basically everything haha. 

I can't wait to see the dress with the alterations in about 3 weeks! 

event.png

#544 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:12 AM

@TinkerSofi

Haha I know how you feel too. Kyle is so funny when I started making my OOT bags this weekend. He was like what are you doing? You have 9 months to make those. He claims he's going to put together the bags for the groomsmen... I just laughed because If I left it up to him he would do it the day before flying out and would be nothing summery in it since we are getting married in February haha. Men...

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#545 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:24 AM

@TinkerSofi

Haha I know how you feel too. Kyle is so funny when I started making my OOT bags this weekend. He was like what are you doing? You have 9 months to make those. He claims he's going to put together the bags for the groomsmen... I just laughed because If I left it up to him he would do it the day before flying out and would be nothing summery in it since we are getting married in February haha. Men...

Juan said the same! he's like, why are you doing that now, let's do that over there. I told him that if he plans to have ANY sort of vacation over there we better start doing some things here. He also wanted to assemble all the flowers once we got there. If he only knew how long each of these things took me he'd know that if we left it all to be done in Mexico, by the time the wedding rolled around I would be a crazy b***, and i'm sure he doesn't want to deal with that hahah. 

event.png

#546 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

I love your vows! I love that you've chosen to do them in Spanish, it sounds so romantic. I agree with everyone that you should have your vows sound like yourself. It sounds more genuine that way.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#547 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

@yycbride2016 @TinkerSofi My fiance was the same way the entire way through planning. Every single thing was "Why are we doing this now?" I kept saying "Do you want me to be an anxious, nervous wreck through the wedding day, or do you want to relax and have fun together and with our guests? Fun? Yeah, I thought so...now get to work!" Haha. It worked pretty well :)

Edited by beckys98, 02 June 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#548 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

I love your vows!! they are so beautiful in spanish!! Im so torn on this myself. with my family being spanish speaking and my FI's all english! will you both be doing them in spanish? But i agree with the vows needing to come from your heart and feel honest and true! and i can read that in your vows!! beautiful!!

57 Guest

#549 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

I love your vows!! they are so beautiful in spanish!! Im so torn on this myself. with my family being spanish speaking and my FI's all english! will you both be doing them in spanish? But i agree with the vows needing to come from your heart and feel honest and true! and i can read that in your vows!! beautiful!!

thank you :D

We are both doing them in Spanish because it's both our first language and I would feel silly doing them in English. I'd feel like I'm putting more of a show rather than making a vow to my husband (wow, that word sounds so weird). However, if your fiance speaks English only I think it would make sense to do them in English, unless he also understands Spanish. Then I would be super torn too haha. 

event.png

#550 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

Today I went to indigo looking for a gift and I found the perfect little journal for my wedding vows. @perianjay made me consider this and I had no idea where I'd write them. I certainly didn't want a piece of paper blowing in the wind + my shaky hands haha but I wasn't sure that I wanted to buy it off of etsy. I love the ones on there but we've had quite a few unexpected expenses lately (wedding related and not) so I'm basically trying to save wherever I can. I had a gift card for indigo so that worked out really well .

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433389838.653952.jpg   313.3KB   9 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433390911.426296.jpg   332.49KB   11 downloads

Friday is the final day for our trips deadline. Yay!! I can't wait to hear the final numbers . Other than a few last min drama, things have gone quite smoothly, maybe my TA would disagree hahah. We just had one person cancel last min and didn't tell anyone, leaving their roommate with single occupancy. He didn't tell us he wasn't coming and I found out through my TA two days ago. Luckily we were able to sort everything out (not without some drama as well) and the crisis was averted, but let's just say we weren't too happy about that, especially Juan. Not because he cancelled but because of the way we found out. There's still no word from him.

On top of this, work has been quite stressful. I'm just a mess of anxiety and I don't know how I'm going to get through the next two months. I hope things settle down once we have paid everything. I'm really trying to let things slide as much as I can but it's hard when things just keep piling up. I basically have the song let it go on repeat in my head haha.

Tomorrow we start our dance lessons for our first dance! I'm excited but don't know what to expect haha. I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TinkerSofi, 03 June 2015 - 08:08 PM.

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users