Oh boy, when they tell you the last couple of months are stressful I never believed them. Well, they were right haha. I'm a freaking mess. I feel like for every thing I get done from my list I find another 5 that I still have to do and forgot to put on my list .
Update on Guests:
Guests are dropping like flies now that it's time to show the money and make final payment. Some have legit reasons, but others it's just due to poor planning. We've gone from 40 guests to maybe 31, which is still a really good number and I'm happy about that. I try to not let it affect me but it's hard not getting a little bit bummed out. I'm 100% sure we will have a blast over there regardless of who comes. Juan the other day reminded me of when we went with my family last January. It was only 5 of us, it rained continuously for most of the week and we still had a great time . That made me feel better.
The hotel hasn't answered me in a month. I'm freaking out. I called them two weeks ago to see if they had received my previous e-mail and apparently their e-mail was acting up on the day I had sent it, so I sent it again and still nothing. I'm getting a little bit angry because they actually answered a lot more quickly when I was a year out than now. I'll call them again today and see what is going on.
After thinking long and hard about all of the ACTUAL things I have to do, I think this is a more realistic list:
- Write vows (after some discussion Juan insisted that he wanted to do this)
- Finish up playlist for the party
- Make playlist for dinner
- Get kids' menu choices - as we stand we might not even have any kids at the wedding anymore.
- finish up photobooth- I've contacted a couple of companies who do this. I doubt it will be in our budget but it doesn't hurt to ask. I found out the hotel fee is actually lower for this vendor so I think it's a good idea to explore the options.
- finish putting tags to all the fans
- assemble emergency kits
- Pre-assemble welcome bags
- Send welcome brochures to vistaprint
- Get groomsmen gifts
- start tanning
- finalize the hair and makeup ideas
- First dance - our lessons start next thursday. yay!!
- Call hotel to finalize details (booking of hair and makeup appts, etc)
- Get wedding license and contact officiant for a meeting before the wedding
- Find a nice lipstick and fake eyelashes to wear on the day of the wedding