909 replies to this topic

#401 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

Those cards look fantastic!! I love that idea and I bet it will be so fun for you guys to read when you get home. so cute.

Sorry about your dad! Poor guy :(

I never know what to write on guestbooks and always write the same thing haha. We have some pretty witty friends, so I know some of them are going to be quite funny hahha. 

event.png

#402 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

oh no!!!  That's so sad.  How did your dad do that?? I'm so terrified that I'm going to hurt myself.  I was doing Pump class and I almost hit myself with the barbell.  I mean, it was the stupidest thing but that's the stuff I do..lol 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#403 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

@TinkerSofi

Those cards look AWESOME!!! Sorry to hear about your Dad with any luck he will be better by the wedding..Send positive vibes :)

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#404 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

@TinkerSofi - Bummer about your dad!! My fiance tore his Achilles a few years ago playing basketball and had surgery to repair it. At least it happened NOW and not right before the wedding! He has some time to heal before your big day!

#405 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

he tore it playing soccer. He was just running and 5 minutes in he said he feels and hears this crack and just pain. He thought maybe he had sprained something but when he told me he heard a crack I was like "oh, no, that sounds like a torn tendon". Anyway he waited a couple of days and then went to physio and they told him he had to go to the hospital. I don't think it's fully torn which is good! because he won't need surgery. They told him that surgery might be a bit risky actually. I'm crossing fingers that everything will be relatively well by the time the wedding comes around. I want him to enjoy himself over there and not have to worry about putting on and taking off a boot, but we'll see how things progress :).

event.png

#406 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

@TinkerSofi poor guy. sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery!

ps. love the guestbook cards. I love when brides switch it up and do something a little different. great keep sake!

#407 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

Oh that is good! He definitely may be in good shape by your wedding then!

Sounds like how my fiance described it. Although, his was torn all the way so he definitely did have to have surgery. His recovery was pretty long and living in the city where we walk everywhere was really inconvenient - and it was winter. Wearing a boot and using crutches are not ideal in the snow and ice. Ugh...I think I've blocked that time period out of my memory. Ha!

he tore it playing soccer. He was just running and 5 minutes in he said he feels and hears this crack and just pain. He thought maybe he had sprained something but when he told me he heard a crack I was like "oh, no, that sounds like a torn tendon". Anyway he waited a couple of days and then went to physio and they told him he had to go to the hospital. I don't think it's fully torn which is good! because he won't need surgery. They told him that surgery might be a bit risky actually. I'm crossing fingers that everything will be relatively well by the time the wedding comes around. I want him to enjoy himself over there and not have to worry about putting on and taking off a boot, but we'll see how things progress :).

#408 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

@TinkerSofi - Bummer about your dad!! My fiance tore his Achilles a few years ago playing basketball and had surgery to repair it. At least it happened NOW and not right before the wedding! He has some time to heal before your big day!

Happened to my kids dad too playing basketball! He needed surgery and still to this day the site bleeds from time to time.

Sorry to hear about your dad!! Hopefully he's all healed up for the wedding. Crossing fingers for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#409 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

@TinkerSofi, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that he has a speedy recovery, especially in time to enjoy himself at your wedding.

And I love that card. I'm like you and I never know what to write. I just end up with something generic like congrats lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#410 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

Oh that is good! He definitely may be in good shape by your wedding then!

Sounds like how my fiance described it. Although, his was torn all the way so he definitely did have to have surgery. His recovery was pretty long and living in the city where we walk everywhere was really inconvenient - and it was winter. Wearing a boot and using crutches are not ideal in the snow and ice. Ugh...I think I've blocked that time period out of my memory. Ha!

Yeah i'm glad he didn't tear it all the way. The physiotherapist told him that it could happen randomly to anybody, so it's just bad luck. I'm surprised he wasn't in more pain. He had a limp and was barely able to put his foot down but he was able to get around without crutches in the first few days. Maybe he just has in insanely high pain threshold haha. 

It will be a challenging few months, it's on his right leg, which means he can't drive so it's driving him nuts already that we have to drive him around haha, and it definitely takes more planning on all our parts. 

@TinkerSofi poor guy. sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery!

ps. love the guestbook cards. I love when brides switch it up and do something a little different. great keep sake!

I can't claim full credit for these cards. I knew I wanted something different but the ladies here helped me out and gave me the ideas :), and pinterest too haha. 

It's kind of funny, I posted here that I ordered them and then my friend came over and they were at the door! haha. They turned out really well :). I thought they would take much longer since I paid for the cheapest shipping I could haha. 

Happened to my kids dad too playing basketball! He needed surgery and still to this day the site bleeds from time to time.

Sorry to hear about your dad!! Hopefully he's all healed up for the wedding. Crossing fingers for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that sucks! So his wound is still open? I have a pilonidal cyst and sometimes it does that where it opens up and drains and then it closes back up, so maybe it's the same thing? After 3 surgeries on that sucker I was done haha. 

Hopefully this heals nicely for him, without any chronic pain or anything like that :)

@TinkerSofi, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that he has a speedy recovery, especially in time to enjoy himself at your wedding.

And I love that card. I'm like you and I never know what to write. I just end up with something generic like congrats lol

They came out really well! I'll post a picture of the back tomorrow when I get a chance. It's not "wow" but at this point I'm like whatever haha. I just didn't want to leave it blank :)

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users