909 replies to this topic

#21 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

that would be nice. I find they never look "picture perfect" unless you're trying to keep them perfectly together. One of my friends, her wedding band is double and the e-ring goes in the middle. The wedding band has these little stoppers at the bottom so when you put the e-ring in the middle it doesn't move so much, it looks like it's all one ring. Basically it can only move from side to side. It's very hard to explain haha but i wish mine had something like that :P

PS: i can't believe it's been 3 weeks already!

I know. It goes so quick!!! Our honeymoon is after your marriage! We wanted to do Vegas and our friends asked us to join them for their vow renewal in vegas (aug 19-23) so we decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Makes total sense. I've seen those before. I know with some of those types you can't just wear the band as it would look silly.

Since mine is 'twisted' the bottom is solid so I assume they can size it without running design. So it slides and you can see that part and drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:20 PM

I know. It goes so quick!!! Our honeymoon is after your marriage! We wanted to do Vegas and our friends asked us to join them for their vow renewal in vegas (aug 19-23) so we decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Makes total sense. I've seen those before. I know with some of those types you can't just wear the band as it would look silly.

Since mine is 'twisted' the bottom is solid so I assume they can size it without running design. So it slides and you can see that part and drives me nuts.

ohh, yeah that would make sense. I think it would drive me nuts too! I'm always fixing my e-ring to make sure the diamond is perfectly at the top hahah. It drives me nuts when it's super cold and the diamond drops to the inside of the hand  <_<

event.png

#23 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

ohh, yeah that would make sense. I think it would drive me nuts too! I'm always fixing my e-ring to make sure the diamond is perfectly at the top hahah. It drives me nuts when it's super cold and the diamond drops to the inside of the hand <_<

Haha don't have to worry about that in Mexico. I could barely get mine on :)
But I agree. Makes me nervous it will slip off and I'll lose it.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

#24 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

ohh, yeah that would make sense. I think it would drive me nuts too! I'm always fixing my e-ring to make sure the diamond is perfectly at the top hahah. It drives me nuts when it's super cold and the diamond drops to the inside of the hand  <_<

I have this same issue. I hate when it twirls around my finger, but then when it's warm and my hands are more swollen it fits fine. 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#25 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

The Attire

I always thought I'd be the one who would take forever to choose what I'd wear but it turns out that's Juan haha. Since the beginning he wanted to wear a suit. One day we go check out some suits just to see what they have and he ends up buying one! It's a charcoal color and I was super concerned that he would cook in it in the middle of summer. It took me 6 months to convince him to get a lighter suit, despite my months continuous efforts, most of the convincing was done in 30 seconds by the salesman at a store, who told him he'd be crazy to wear dark colors in the summer in the caribbean. So now we should be going shopping again when the summer suits come out :) and I'll keep you posted as to what he chooses. 

My dress was a much simpler story. I found it at the third store we went to. It is nothing like the ones I had pinned and researched haha. I was in between two really pretty traditional DW dresses, made out of chiffon and flowy, etc. I really liked them both and couldn't decide which one, until the lady at the store brings this one out and the second I tried it on it was perfect. At the beginning I didn't want a DW dress but everything else seemed so heavy so I had given up on the idea of having anything different. This dress was basically exactly what I wanted, not too heavy but still as more of a traditional look to it. 

Dress_zps8df68777.jpg

photo31_zpsc036a3b0.jpg

photo21_zpse94ab11d.jpg

It doesn't fully close at the back but the lady said I could put a corset back to it. I do love the closing it has now but a corset does give you more leeway when you're on vacation. I also have to get it taken out like 1/2 an inch at the hips to accommodate my big booty haha, and the obvious hem :P. I have my appointment for alterations in May. 

For bridesmaids we just went shopping this past weekend. Originally I had planned that they could all choose whatever dress they wanted. I just had to be short and the wedding color (this is another time when those stupid colors bit me in the ass). They all ended up choosing the same dress: 

bridesmaiddressesblack_zpsf2165878.jpg

This is the dress in another color, even though I think it looked better on my MOH and my FSIL: 

bridesmaiddressescoral_zps36d65a33.png

and this will be the color they'll be in: 

colorofbridesmaiddresses_zps5a05e909.png

Juan doesn't like them haha, but honestly I had no say on this and they chose it so that's too bad for him. 

For the groomsmen, I don't have pictures, except in my head :P. They'll be wearing grey summer pants. They kind of like a summer dress pant from Express, Juan has a bunch and he really likes them, white shirts with rolled up sleeves and I'm not sure about whether a bow tie or a regular tie. I haven't figured out the colors of the ties yet. Maybe blush pink or periwinkle. They'll probably also wear suspenders. 

I'm kind of concerned about white shirts and my ivory dress because it don't want it to look dirty. I guess I just have to grab one and put it against my dress and see what happens. It's hard to find ivory shirts. Juan said they could wear blush pink shirts with grey bow ties so I guess i'd have to see how that looks. 

I was shopping for a white party in December (totally unrelated to the wedding) and came across this dress at H&M. This will be my legal ceremony dress. 

legalceremonydress_zpsb6ebbf43.jpg

Originally I really wanted to keep this thing on the DL, but my mom got super upset that I was just going to sign the papers and then go on about my day hahah. She said that I couldn't do that, because that's what counts, etc. So I ended up agreeing to having a super super small event with both our immediate families present in my back yard. We're still going to celebrate our Mexico date as our anniversary, but I just wanted to please my mom basically. 

I have this same issue. I hate when it twirls around my finger, but then when it's warm and my hands are more swollen it fits fine. 

I don't even want to know how Juan will put that ring on my finger on the wedding day haha. It's on the snugger side already, plus the alcohol, plus the heat, plus salty food. I'll have to put my had in a bucket of ice before the ceremony hahah, and drink some lemon water all day :P

@calgarybride2015 I think Vegas will be fantastic. Make sure you hide in an AC'd place during the day! haha (i read your other post :P)

Last July I went with a couple of girlfriends to New York. All I have to say is OMG!! it was soo hot haha. We still had a really good time but we honestly couldn't drink water fast enough. It got to the point that we didn't care anymore and would just pour water on ourselves to keep cool. Our feet were swollen to twice their size by the time we got back to the hotel every night :P, well and then I might have stepped on a metal stick thing and stabbed my foot, which got infected while there  :rolleyes:  hahah, but they were swollen regardless :P

event.png

#26 marinah84

marinah84
  • 463 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Crown Paradise Club Cancun
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

Love it! Your dress is absolutely stunning, I love it! It's just the right mix of traditional and dw.

Love planning threads, keep updating us :)

30 guests, Bride & Groom & 2 kids - one FANTASTIC time!

Planning Thread - Includes lots of DIY (picture-heavy)
http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/77321-marinah84s-planning-thread-31415-crown-paradise-club-cancun/

Underwater Trash The Dress Session Photos - Samuel Luna (Photographer)

https://www.facebook...=1&l=a8a5688cd7

Resort Review - Crown Paradise Club Cancun

http://www.bestdesti...28#entry1894872

Photographer Review - Samuel Luna - Coming Soon!

Makeup/Hair Artist Review Sara Tamargo

http://www.bestdesti...akeup-artistry/

For Sale Items

http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1895327

#27 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

The Attire

I always thought I'd be the one who would take forever to choose what I'd wear but it turns out that's Juan haha. Since the beginning he wanted to wear a suit. One day we go check out some suits just to see what they have and he ends up buying one! It's a charcoal color and I was super concerned that he would cook in it in the middle of summer. It took me 6 months to convince him to get a lighter suit, despite my months continuous efforts, most of the convincing was done in 30 seconds by the salesman at a store, who told him he'd be crazy to wear dark colors in the summer in the caribbean. So now we should be going shopping again when the summer suits come out :) and I'll keep you posted as to what he chooses. 

My dress was a much simpler story. I found it at the third store we went to. It is nothing like the ones I had pinned and researched haha. I was in between two really pretty traditional DW dresses, made out of chiffon and flowy, etc. I really liked them both and couldn't decide which one, until the lady at the store brings this one out and the second I tried it on it was perfect. At the beginning I didn't want a DW dress but everything else seemed so heavy so I had given up on the idea of having anything different. This dress was basically exactly what I wanted, not too heavy but still as more of a traditional look to it. 

Dress_zps8df68777.jpg

photo31_zpsc036a3b0.jpg

photo21_zpse94ab11d.jpg

It doesn't fully close at the back but the lady said I could put a corset back to it. I do love the closing it has now but a corset does give you more leeway when you're on vacation. I also have to get it taken out like 1/2 an inch at the hips to accommodate my big booty haha, and the obvious hem :P. I have my appointment for alterations in May. 

For bridesmaids we just went shopping this past weekend. Originally I had planned that they could all choose whatever dress they wanted. I just had to be short and the wedding color (this is another time when those stupid colors bit me in the ass). They all ended up choosing the same dress: 

bridesmaiddressesblack_zpsf2165878.jpg

This is the dress in another color, even though I think it looked better on my MOH and my FSIL: 

bridesmaiddressescoral_zps36d65a33.png

and this will be the color they'll be in: 

colorofbridesmaiddresses_zps5a05e909.png

Juan doesn't like them haha, but honestly I had no say on this and they chose it so that's too bad for him. 

For the groomsmen, I don't have pictures, except in my head :P. They'll be wearing grey summer pants. They kind of like a summer dress pant from Express, Juan has a bunch and he really likes them, white shirts with rolled up sleeves and I'm not sure about whether a bow tie or a regular tie. I haven't figured out the colors of the ties yet. Maybe blush pink or periwinkle. They'll probably also wear suspenders. 

I'm kind of concerned about white shirts and my ivory dress because it don't want it to look dirty. I guess I just have to grab one and put it against my dress and see what happens. It's hard to find ivory shirts. Juan said they could wear blush pink shirts with grey bow ties so I guess i'd have to see how that looks. 

I was shopping for a white party in December (totally unrelated to the wedding) and came across this dress at H&M. This will be my legal ceremony dress. 

legalceremonydress_zpsb6ebbf43.jpg

Originally I really wanted to keep this thing on the DL, but my mom got super upset that I was just going to sign the papers and then go on about my day hahah. She said that I couldn't do that, because that's what counts, etc. So I ended up agreeing to having a super super small event with both our immediate families present in my back yard. We're still going to celebrate our Mexico date as our anniversary, but I just wanted to please my mom basically. 

I don't even want to know how Juan will put that ring on my finger on the wedding day haha. It's on the snugger side already, plus the alcohol, plus the heat, plus salty food. I'll have to put my had in a bucket of ice before the ceremony hahah, and drink some lemon water all day :P

@calgarybride2015 I think Vegas will be fantastic. Make sure you hide in an AC'd place during the day! haha (i read your other post :P)

Last July I went with a couple of girlfriends to New York. All I have to say is OMG!! it was soo hot haha. We still had a really good time but we honestly couldn't drink water fast enough. It got to the point that we didn't care anymore and would just pour water on ourselves to keep cool. Our feet were swollen to twice their size by the time we got back to the hotel every night :P, well and then I might have stepped on a metal stick thing and stabbed my foot, which got infected while there  :rolleyes:  hahah, but they were swollen regardless :P

Ahhh!! I love your dress. You look absolutely stunning and you're going to be such a beautiful bride.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#28 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

Don't worry about white against your ivory. I took
Plenty of pics before the wedding and it's barely noticeable. That's the last thing people will notice as it's that small of a color difference.

Your dress is beautiful and can't wait to see how the corset turns out :)

I went to Vegas in August for my 30 and I said I'd never do that again lol. Oops!!! I'd love to go to New York.

As a bride of January not August I can say Juan will die lol. We died all of us :)

-Kim

#29 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

@calgarybride2015 yeah, we always seem to travel in August hahah. The only thing that I think will save us is the strong breeze up in the terrace. I'm still planning on bringing a backup outfit for Juan to change into for the reception, something like the groomsmen because then they can roll their pants up hahha. 

I have to agree with him that he would look super nice in a suit, but I also don't want to torture him the whole night hahah :P

event.png

#30 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

So, I feel so bad for Juan. He spoke to one of his sisters last night and she might not be coming :(. She lives in Colombia and failed a class, which starts again the week of our wedding. I told Juan that usually it's not a big deal if she misses the first week, but his sister said that she has no clue what's going on in the class so she's afraid of missing even the first week. I really hope we can figure something out, maybe have her come from wednesday-sunday. Then she would only miss 3 days rather than 5 :S. So their decision for now is that she won't be part of the bridal party, and if she does come she'll just sit with the rest of the guests. 

I just feel kind of guilty, I mean we chose this date and pretty much 90% of his friends aren't coming or we don't know if they are. It almost makes me feel like this wedding is for me and not for us :(

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users