909 replies to this topic

#11 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

noo, so I had made a suuper long entry and it got deleted :(. I'll do my best to replicate it. 

Ok so now the fun begins! 

The wedding band

this was literally the first thing I bought. I spent more than I had hoped on it, but then I thought that if I was going to spend my money on something, this should be it. I'll be wearing it for the rest of my life! The band is a matching set with my e-ring, which actually took a lot of work to match. Long story short, it didn't fit well wit my e-ring so I had to send it back a couple of times until it finally got fixed. It was frustrating to say the least but now I can't wait to wear it :)

weddingring2_zps0992ef31.jpg

The Flowers

If there is one topic that gets me roiled up, is the price of the natural flowers at the Karisma properties. HOLY COW! that's all I have to say haha. To give you an idea, they cost more than what I would pay here in Canada, and they don't allow outside florists. So, I'm boycotting the whole thing and using fake flowers, except for my bouquet. This is what it looks like: 

casablancabig_zpsef5e8c36.jpg

and these will be the bridesmaid ones: 

BMbouquets1_zpsd13c9183.jpg

The Ceremony

So as I said before, I needed that terrace for our wedding! which we managed to get, for a surcharge of $1700  :huh:. We decided to pay it because it just went with what we had envisioned. We don't get much for the $1700, it's still basic decor, so just white garden chairs and you get some perks, but nothing like their $3000 packages, which is fine. I found this picture of the terrace at Azul Beach. I like the one at Azul Fives better but just so you can get an idea 

ScreenShot2015-02-10at94836PM_zps548357f

We are not doing much in terms of decor, just renting two white sheers for the gazebo and placing some pomanders along the asile in alternating chairs that I got from Michael's. This is what they look like, please forgive the fact that they're hanging off my cabinets haha, I wanted to see how they looked against white: 

pomanders_zps2aed71ab.jpg

That's pretty much it for decor for the ceremony, we might add a small (fake) flower arrangement on the table but I'm letting nature take care of the rest :)

The Reception

Because I love that terrace so much, we're also having our reception here. We also upgraded this and we're paying a surcharge per person added on to the price of the menu. 

We decided on a buffet style menu a long time ago, even before we knew when or where we would get married. We just wanted our guests to eat as much as they pleased :). We chose a BBQ style menu which has so many options that I think anyone would be able to find something they like. 

In terms of decor, I bit the bullet here, we're paying for one of the packages for the tables. These are not cheap, but I basically only have to bring my centerpieces. I posted a picture before and here is another one of how the place setting looks: 

ba078412-9fd7-4387-844b-e1c2865c6af2_zps

Then these are the centerpieces I put together: 

mockcenterpieces_zps1ab33086.jpg

The bridesmaid bouquets will double as centerpieces so there is less stuff to bring. The little blue round thing is actually a filled cookie called an alfajor. They're traditional in Argentina, where I'm from, and my mom has a business here where she makes them. Those will be our favors and they'll go in the little box. They can be stored quite well for a few weeks so they'll taste great even when bringing them from home :)

Most of this stuff I got at Michael's, except for the lanterns (Ikea) and the favor boxes, which I got a long time ago from Ebay. They were one of the first things I bought and I paid somewhere around $36 for 100 of them. 

Then this is what our sweetheart table will look like. You really have to use your imagination for this one! haha it makes me laugh every time. The middle bouquet will actually be my bouquet. 

mocksweethearttable_zps6660bf78.jpg

Now I realize I should have started this thread a long time ago. I just noticed I have a lot of things planned so I have to write these novel-sized entries to catch up and show you guys everything so far haha. Most of this stuff I've posted randomly in different threads but it's nice to have it all in one place. 

That's it for tonight. I think I managed to put everything I had written in my previous entry that got deleted. 

Next up, my personal favorite, the attire  :wub:  :D

Edited by TinkerSofi, 10 February 2015 - 11:05 PM.

event.png

#12 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:59 AM

Awesome and I'll be honest. Your ceremony site doesn't need anymore than you've planned - trust me. Breathtaking. Don't kill the scenery with decor is what I say :) what you've decided on is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh and ps - was it spence who
Couldn't get the band shaped right? Did you send the e-ring with??

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#13 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

noo, so I had made a suuper long entry and it got deleted :(. I'll do my best to replicate it. 

Ok so now the fun begins! 

The wedding band

this was literally the first thing I bought. I spent more than I had hoped on it, but then I thought that if I was going to spend my money on something, this should be it. I'll be wearing it for the rest of my life! The band is a matching set with my e-ring, which actually took a lot of work to match. Long story short, it didn't fit well wit my e-ring so I had to send it back a couple of times until it finally got fixed. It was frustrating to say the least but now I can't wait to wear it :)

weddingring2_zps0992ef31.jpg

The Flowers

If there is one topic that gets me roiled up, is the price of the natural flowers at the Karisma properties. HOLY COW! that's all I have to say haha. To give you an idea, they cost more than what I would pay here in Canada, and they don't allow outside florists. So, I'm boycotting the whole thing and using fake flowers, except for my bouquet. This is what it looks like: 

casablancabig_zpsef5e8c36.jpg

and these will be the bridesmaid ones: 

BMbouquets1_zpsd13c9183.jpg

The Ceremony

So as I said before, I needed that terrace for our wedding! which we managed to get, for a surcharge of $1700  :huh:. We decided to pay it because it just went with what we had envisioned. We don't get much for the $1700, it's still basic decor, so just white garden chairs and you get some perks, but nothing like their $3000 packages, which is fine. I found this picture of the terrace at Azul Beach. I like the one at Azul Fives better but just so you can get an idea 

ScreenShot2015-02-10at94836PM_zps548357f

We are not doing much in terms of decor, just renting two white sheers for the gazebo and placing some pomanders along the asile in alternating chairs that I got from Michael's. This is what they look like, please forgive the fact that they're hanging off my cabinets haha, I wanted to see how they looked against white: 

pomanders_zps2aed71ab.jpg

That's pretty much it for decor for the ceremony, we might add a small (fake) flower arrangement on the table but I'm letting nature take care of the rest :)

The Reception

Because I love that terrace so much, we're also having our reception here. We also upgraded this and we're paying a surcharge per person added on to the price of the menu. 

We decided on a buffet style menu a long time ago, even before we knew when or where we would get married. We just wanted our guests to eat as much as they pleased :). We chose a BBQ style menu which has so many options that I think anyone would be able to find something they like. 

In terms of decor, I bit the bullet here, we're paying for one of the packages for the tables. These are not cheap, but I basically only have to bring my centerpieces. I posted a picture before and here is another one of how the place setting looks: 

ba078412-9fd7-4387-844b-e1c2865c6af2_zps

Then these are the centerpieces I put together: 

mockcenterpieces_zps1ab33086.jpg

The bridesmaid bouquets will double as centerpieces so there is less stuff to bring. The little blue round thing is actually a filled cookie called an alfajor. They're traditional in Argentina, where I'm from, and my mom has a business here where she makes them. Those will be our favors and they'll go in the little box. They can be stored quite well for a few weeks so they'll taste great even when bringing them from home :)

Most of this stuff I got at Michael's, except for the lanterns (Ikea) and the favor boxes, which I got a long time ago from Ebay. They were one of the first things I bought and I paid somewhere around $36 for 100 of them. 

Then this is what our sweetheart table will look like. You really have to use your imagination for this one! haha it makes me laugh every time. The middle bouquet will actually be my bouquet. 

mocksweethearttable_zps6660bf78.jpg

Now I realize I should have started this thread a long time ago. I just noticed I have a lot of things planned so I have to write these novel-sized entries to catch up and show you guys everything so far haha. Most of this stuff I've posted randomly in different threads but it's nice to have it all in one place. 

That's it for tonight. I think I managed to put everything I had written in my previous entry that got deleted. 

Next up, my personal favorite, the attire  :wub:  :D

Love the wedding band with your E-ring, it looks really good :)

I also love that you are incorporating some of your background into the favours. I love that idea so much.

Can't wait to see more!!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#14 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Your e-ring and wedding band look so great together! Only 6 more months until you get to wear them together :)

I love the decor and can't wait to see your pics with that spectacular background. 

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#15 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

Awesome and I'll be honest. Your ceremony site doesn't need anymore than you've planned - trust me. Breathtaking. Don't kill the scenery with decor is what I say :) what you've decided on is gorgeous.

Oh and ps - was it spence who
Couldn't get the band shaped right? Did you send the e-ring with??

That's what I was thinking too, it will look great regardless :). I also don't want to bring so many things plus paying for a huge set-up fee once I get there. 

Yeah it was Spence. First the wedding band didn't match because they didn't tell me to also send my e-ring when it got done, then I send them both back and they wanted to charge me but I told them it wasn't my fault. Then when I get it back, my e-ring was too big for some reason, even though it fit perfectly fine before. so i had to send them back again and then finally they were perfect :)

Love the wedding band with your E-ring, it looks really good :)

I also love that you are incorporating some of your background into the favours. I love that idea so much.

Can't wait to see more!!

thanks! yeah, my mom offered to make them to me for free, which is great and saves me on a lot of costs :D 

Your e-ring and wedding band look so great together! Only 6 more months until you get to wear them together :)

I love the decor and can't wait to see your pics with that spectacular background. 

thanks! Yay, it's going to be the longest 6 months ever! hahaha. There's just a lot of things happening in our lives in these 6 months so it's super exciting :)

event.png

#16 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

That's what I was thinking too, it will look great regardless :). I also don't want to bring so many things plus paying for a huge set-up fee once I get there. 

Yeah it was Spence. First the wedding band didn't match because they didn't tell me to also send my e-ring when it got done, then I send them both back and they wanted to charge me but I told them it wasn't my fault. Then when I get it back, my e-ring was too big for some reason, even though it fit perfectly fine before. so i had to send them back again and then finally they were perfect :)

thanks! yeah, my mom offered to make them to me for free, which is great and saves me on a lot of costs :D

thanks! Yay, it's going to be the longest 6 months ever! hahaha. There's just a lot of things happening in our lives in these 6 months so it's super exciting :)

I bet it's flying by quickly though. I feel like time is moving so fast and i'm so consumed by all of this wedding planning. I think my 10 months is going to fly by!!

I'm excited for you! It's just sad that all of this planning that we do is for one day that's going to happen so quickly,

My planning thread :

#17 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

@perianjay A good way of looking at it is that at least we get to spend a whole week with our loved ones enjoying ourselves, vs. only one day when we do it at home. I always get kind of depressed the day after a party, but this way we keep the party going for a bit longer haha. There's actually 4 birthdays and 3 anniversaries (4 with ours now actually) in the days we'll be in Mexico. We will all have reason to celebrate :D, and to keep celebrating ahaha. My friends are already saying it's going to be insane :P.

I think the day of the wedding will give me that feeling that you got when you're a kid and you're about to open your christmas gift. All that excitement and anticipation that has been building up for days (in this case months for this wedding) reaches its maximum level when you're right in front of the gift, ready to open it. You know that the amazing feeling will be over the second you open it, and you're torn between feeling that and actually knowing what the gift has inside. That was always my favorite moment of getting a gift :), the second before I opened it. I don't know if anyone else ever gets that but that's how I feel about this wedding. 

It is flying by rather quickly! And now that I put all the planning into high gear especially. I remember I was a year out when i started really planning and I felt like time would never pass but it has gone by super quickly :)

event.png

#18 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

@perianjay A good way of looking at it is that at least we get to spend a whole week with our loved ones enjoying ourselves, vs. only one day when we do it at home. I always get kind of depressed the day after a party, but this way we keep the party going for a bit longer haha. There's actually 4 birthdays and 3 anniversaries (4 with ours now actually) in the days we'll be in Mexico. We will all have reason to celebrate :D, and to keep celebrating ahaha. My friends are already saying it's going to be insane :P.

I think the day of the wedding will give me that feeling that you got when you're a kid and you're about to open your christmas gift. All that excitement and anticipation that has been building up for days (in this case months for this wedding) reaches its maximum level when you're right in front of the gift, ready to open it. You know that the amazing feeling will be over the second you open it, and you're torn between feeling that and actually knowing what the gift has inside. That was always my favorite moment of getting a gift :), the second before I opened it. I don't know if anyone else ever gets that but that's how I feel about this wedding. 

It is flying by rather quickly! And now that I put all the planning into high gear especially. I remember I was a year out when i started really planning and I felt like time would never pass but it has gone by super quickly :)

That is the perfect way to describe it!! I am so excited for that moment as well. :)

My planning thread :

#19 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

But don't wish the time away --- as I sit here 3 weeks after the wedding a part of me wishes I was still waiting!!!!

That sucks about your ring!!!  I want to get my solderer together but I think I want a band for the other side which I can't afford (or don't want too) right now and not sure I want to get it soldered twice.    maybe I can get a nice eternity diamond band for my other hand instead hehehe.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#20 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

But don't wish the time away --- as I sit here 3 weeks after the wedding a part of me wishes I was still waiting!!!!

That sucks about your ring!!!  I want to get my solderer together but I think I want a band for the other side which I can't afford (or don't want too) right now and not sure I want to get it soldered twice.    maybe I can get a nice eternity diamond band for my other hand instead hehehe.

that would be nice. I find they never look "picture perfect" unless you're trying to keep them perfectly together. One of my friends, her wedding band is double and the e-ring goes in the middle. The wedding band has these little stoppers at the bottom so when you put the e-ring in the middle it doesn't move so much, it looks like it's all one ring. Basically it can only move from side to side. It's very hard to explain haha but i wish mine had something like that :P

PS: i can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! 

Edited by TinkerSofi, 12 February 2015 - 08:09 PM.

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users