Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

#131 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

LOVE the jewellery!! The earrings are stunning!! Ok - details please lol  Where from? Did they have necklaces? Gorgeous! How long are the earrings in length? I always love styles like that on other people but not on me.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#132 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

The jewellery looks so beautiful and classy!! They'll both go so well together
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#133 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

LOVE the jewellery!! The earrings are stunning!! Ok - details please lol  Where from? Did they have necklaces? Gorgeous! How long are the earrings in length? I always love styles like that on other people but not on me.

Yes, sorry I meant to put details I was just leaving to go for dinner with some girlfriends. I was just too excited not to post anything! She has tons of other things too, so even if you don't like that style on you maybe she has something else that's more up your alley ;)

For the Jewelry details:

I'm super happy with the jewellery :D ! I got it all from etsy, the store is called poetryjewelry. She has tons of things, including necklaces. Basically everything she makes is beautiful haha. There is a matching necklace to the earrings but I'm not wearing a necklace so I didn't get it. The final product is exactly as pictured on the site, so I'm really happy with it. The pearls don't look cheap, which is what I was worried about. Of course, if you look at them closely you can tell I didn't spend a fortune on this, but I think that's expected. I think I got what I paid for and I'm 100% happy with that. I totally recommend her work. 

I had seen these earrings ages ago, and no matter what else I looked at, I kept going back to these. Then I found the bracelet, which I thought would go well together and got them both. The earrings are not too big nor too small. They're just perfect, big enough to make an elegant statement but without being too overwhelming. I'd say they around 2 inches? maybe a bit less. She also makes them in silver, gold or rose gold. I'm more of a silver kind of gal, but I have to say, the rose gold looks gorgeous :)

I have really small wrists, which makes shopping for bracelets hard sometimes. I realized that her standard size would be too big for me but I asked if she could make my bracelet smaller and she did (I gave her the measurement when I ordered). It fits perfectly.

She had everything done and shipped within 2 or 3 days after ordering. The longest part was for it to go through customs, but I didn't have to pay duties. The shipping was reasonable too :)

If you're looking for wedding jewelry go to her store here:

https://www.etsy.com...shopheader-name

Edited by TinkerSofi, 10 March 2015 - 08:49 PM.

event.png

#134 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Your bracelet/earrings pairing is lovely! It's going to look great. Another fantastic Etsy find :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#135 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

@calgarybride2015

that was a true score.  I wonder if there is a way to request peso pricing.  Im sure they would just make it whatever the equivalent was in U.S. 

@perianjay  I'm totally kicking myself too.  Like I grew up in a border city where the dollar has always fluctuated and nothing is forever.  I am going to start up this account and keep it for good because when it is at par I will be buying aggressive to make some $ off the exchange. 

I'm sure the price would just be made equiv to what the US price is.   I considered asking the photog to convert then realized they would just take US price and convert to peso.  Only area that may help is if the dollar gets worse; If they convert the price and lock it in now.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#136 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

I found the link to the glasses. They're perfect! Thanks.

Question. Where did you find the little stamps at Michaels? I've looked there both yesterday and today, and couldn't find anything travel related at all. Also, the lantern at IKEA - is that a seasonal item or is it something they carry all the time? I love the white. Are they expensive? The nice thing is I pretty much need only one. I want to do a cake table I think but I don't think I need any decoration for it.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#137 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

You can get a nice white lantern for oriental trading michaels also has a nice seasonal one

#138 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

@acw271011 great! Yeah, and you don't have to personalize them if you don't want to. I thought they're really good quality for the price and the colors are super nice and bright :)

Last time I was at Michael's I saw the stamps by where all their Martha Stewart stuff is and sort of the first aisle of the scrapbooking section. On the other side of that they have the scrapbooking albums. At least the way the store I go to is set up, that's the first aisle. They come in a mason jar with a bunch of them. I posted the picture with only a few of them. You can always take the picture with you and ask one of the ladies there, if you tell them they  come in a mason jar I'm sure they'll know where they are. They're not with the rest of the stamps though. 

I'm not sure if Ikea has those lanterns year around. I actually bought them used from a girl on kijiji hahah (I feel so cheap for even saying that hahah :P). However, I do know that they bring them in every year and they have some now. I need a couple more so I need to head there to pick those up. 

There are some nice lanterns out there, but Michael's were always more expensive, and I can't remember about Oriental Trading. I really liked the ones from Ikea and the price was right.

I'm not sure if it's worth it, but a lady over in the Riviera Maya rents out decor to brides. Her prices are really good and you just meet up with her, she gives you the stuff and then meet her again to return it. I think it would be worth it if you're renting a few things from her because you have to pay a transport fee (something like $10 or $15), you can find her if you search Love & Lace Wedding Decor on facebook. She has pictures of everything on there and prices. She has a few lanterns in different sizes.

event.png

#139 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

@acw271011 ikea lanterns are seasonal but they are spring / summer so you should be able to get them now or soon check online under the seasonal or outdoor section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#140 nadiakat17

nadiakat17
  • 462 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Oriental trading was 24 usd and michaels was 16 usd fyi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users