TinkerSofi

Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

Good job with the guest book cards :) I like it! The whole dress code is a good idea I might have to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good idea on the dress code . I had omitted it from my website bc I was like um who doesn't know how to dress for a nice beach wedding... Turns out a lot of people by the questions I got ( I know it's hot but I didn't realize guys were thinking shorts, although in the end I won't care )

• Like 1

Awesome!!!!

Customs will take 2-4 days from my experience :) should be soon!

• Like 1

@Meandhim @nadiakat17 I wanted to get the guess work out of the way for my guests, and when I'm a guest the pictures help to decide what to wear :).

I just don't know what gets into people thinking that a DW is any different from a local wedding. I will seriously never understand. I'm not expecting suits, but just something nice. Maybe they think I'm getting married in my bathing suit? hahah. 

@Meandhim @nadiakat17 I wanted to get the guess work out of the way for my guests, and when I'm a guest the pictures help to decide what to wear :).

I just don't know what gets into people thinking that a DW is any different from a local wedding. I will seriously never understand. I'm not expecting suits, but just something nice. Maybe they think I'm getting married in my bathing suit? hahah. 

My fiancee legit wanted to wear swim trunks & a tshirt.  I had a hard time convincing him to 1) have guests and 2) that it was still a WEDDING.  So I'm less surprised than I should be about guest attire.  I've just been telling people to wear what they'd wear to a summer wedding in the states.  And to try not to look like a lobster, especially for the wedding party ;)

• Like 1

Love the guest book cards and the table numbers!! The guest book cards are such a cute idea. I'm really considering doing something like that.

• Like 2

I just looked at the Travel Tips section of your website and you are so smart to put the part about the customs forms! We (and by "we" I mean my fiance) lost that slip one time we went to Mexico and he had to spend money to get it replaced and we almost missed our flight home! Lesson learned.

We're getting married in Jamaica and for some reason I can't remember what they did when we were there last year, but I think it is the same. So I'll add that to my travel tips list!

Also, since you fill the forms out on the plane it is a good idea to bring a pen. Never have I traveled internationally where the flight attendants had pens and we had to beg and borrow a few times :)

• Like 1

I just looked at the Travel Tips section of your website and you are so smart to put the part about the customs forms! We (and by "we" I mean my fiance) lost that slip one time we went to Mexico and he had to spend money to get it replaced and we almost missed our flight home! Lesson learned.

We're getting married in Jamaica and for some reason I can't remember what they did when we were there last year, but I think it is the same. So I'll add that to my travel tips list!

Also, since you fill the forms out on the plane it is a good idea to bring a pen. Never have I traveled internationally where the flight attendants had pens and we had to beg and borrow a few times :)

Good idea! I'll make sure to add bring a pen to the list. I find the Cancun airport is so chaotic that the more ready you are when you get there the better. 

Love the guest book cards and the table numbers!! The guest book cards are such a cute idea. I'm really considering doing something like that.

I really liked it too! I was in between that one and another one that has the message written with blanks and people need to fill in the blanks with verbs, adjectives, etc. I think those would be so much fun too, you probably end up with really funny messages :)

Love your thread...Everything looks so fantastic! I find myself laughing out loud a lot when i read through because of how i can relate so much to some of it.

The most recent comment about people's attire is one example....my sister and i had that very same conversation after her destination wedding! I'm going to for sure make mention of it on our website...great idea !  :) 

• Like 3

My fiancee legit wanted to wear swim trunks & a tshirt. I had a hard time convincing him to 1) have guests and 2) that it was still a WEDDING. So I'm less surprised than I should be about guest attire. I've just been telling people to wear what they'd wear to a summer wedding in the states. And to try not to look like a lobster, especially for the wedding party ;)

Mine wanted to wear a banana hammock sigh

• Like 7