TinkerSofi

Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

I have to get myself to a Michaels this weekend...it's become my weekend ritual haha. I am the exact same. Every weekend off is spent looking for wedding items and spending money on them lol

I am SO thankful that I'm not having a local wedding. I would literally be thousands of dollars over my budget by now, just on decor, from going to Michael's and getting all these ideas. I always have to think, how am I going to bring all this down? and that kind of stops me from literally buying everything. 

They have so many signs and little docorations right now that would go soo well with my wedding that sometimes I just have to tell myself to walk away (while my heart breaks :P) hahah. 

• Like 4

@@TinkerSofi I feel like I now need to run to Michaels! I honestly just checked my email to make sure the 30% off is good tomorrow as well! LOL 

@@TinkerSofi I feel like I now need to run to Michaels! I honestly just checked my email to make sure the 30% off is good tomorrow as well! LOL 

I believe it is so you're good! :D glad I could help. I thought they were a bargain! 

I believe it is so you're good! :D glad I could help. I thought they were a bargain! 

So last night on my way to my future sister in laws for dinner, I asked my FI to stop at the Michaels there just to have a quick look. I couldnt stop thinking about these bags. Haha. so we went in, wandered the store with one focus in mind, the bags (which is generally hard for me when in Michaels, I tend to get lost in all the other stuff lol). We found them and bought 20!  We got some pretty strange looks, and the cashier was questioning us like she thought we were insane, but in the end thanks to you we got one heck of a bargain!  Just dont tell my future sister in law that I let my dinner get cold because I was bag shopping at Michaels. That stays between, me, Sean and this forum. HAHA 

• Like 4

So last night on my way to my future sister in laws for dinner, I asked my FI to stop at the Michaels there just to have a quick look. I couldnt stop thinking about these bags. Haha. so we went in, wandered the store with one focus in mind, the bags (which is generally hard for me when in Michaels, I tend to get lost in all the other stuff lol). We found them and bought 20! We got some pretty strange looks, and the cashier was questioning us like she thought we were insane, but in the end thanks to you we got one heck of a bargain! Just dont tell my future sister in law that I let my dinner get cold because I was bag shopping at Michaels. That stays between, me, Sean and this forum. HAHA

Hehehe I think we've all done it. I miss michaels lol. Which bags did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 I wish you lived closer, I would consider hiring you as my decor person. That would allow you tons more time at Michaels. LOL 

I havent taken a picture yet, so I stole the one @@TinkerSofi posted the other day. We picked up 20 of the blue ones. They are actually quite wide when you open them up. And after taxes, and 30% off coupon we only paid about $1.40 a bag! 

post-278914-0-36444600-1425742924_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@@MissJen3 @@calgarybride2015 Since I have most of my decor already I go into Michael's thinking about things I could buy for the house to decorate :) the thing is I don't want to buy any of that until I can actually see the house! ahah

• Like 1

I love the bags! Very cool. Are you going to put a logo or iron on or something, or just leave them plain? I'm looking at ones from a company called gemline. But we don't have really any people going with us so it's not a big deal. In some ways I can spend the same amount and get more just because I don't have much to get.

Great bags!!! Love them. Also curious if you plan to do something on them. MrsKtoB used a stencil and painted on hers - looked awesome.

Michael's has great home decor. Thanks for an idea to go back hehehe.

• Like 2

Great bags!!! Love them. Also curious if you plan to do something on them. MrsKtoB used a stencil and painted on hers - looked awesome.

Michael's has great home decor. Thanks for an idea to go back hehehe.

I was thinking about doing something on them. I thought about an iron on transfer but since the fabric is pretty porous I don't know is that's going to work. A stencil and some spray paint might work better!

• Like 1