Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

@@snswedding2016 I only asked him once, and he said they had wraps and things like that, so it looked like they had an actual lunch. Us girls literally had a few bites, but I find women eat very little when we're getting ready. Out of all of us, I was the only one who stuffed her face with these haha. They really helped because I began getting hungry by the time the reception came around. I think also when the nerves started to come down :) 

@ the app is great and I felt like people barely noticed there wasn't a DJ. You can always go to the phone and skip that song if you feel like it's dragging a bit. The app will fade the next song in and it seems quite seamless. I had the settings at a 4 second fade in between songs and I felt that was good enough, not too abrupt. 

For breaking up the songs, I actually broke up the party playlist in two, with the bouquet and garter toss in the middle. In the end this is how things went down: I forgot to throw my bouquet because I was having a blast dancing, until Brian (WC) came up and asked me if I was going to do it. All we did was put the volume of whatever song was playing a little lower, the MC announced the bouquet toss and the garter, then we put the volume up again and kept on dancing. Unless you want a very specific song to do this to, I suggest you do the same. I had specific songs for each of those two events, but honestly at that point I wanted to be over with these two things so I could keep partying haha. No one even paid attention to the song during the tosses. I'm super sick today, but I'll try to post the screen shots either tomorrow or the day after. It looked disorganized in my head, but the whole thing actually had a very nice flow to it. 

@@Wafflesmom it actually looks decent. I have to find a way to take it from facebook and post it on here haha. One of our guests posted it :P

@@acw271011 the app is actually perfect if you don't have wi fi because it plays the songs that are in your phone storage. This means you actually have to spend the time downloading them and creating playlists and then putting them in your phone. This is the most time consuming part, but hey, anything to save $2000 haha. Once the songs are organized into playlists you choose on the phone what playlist you want to play for what event and you're done! :). We had free wi fi, but it wasn't perfect, it was great for sending whatsapp messages between guests. We made a group with all 30 of us and that's how we communicated, but I couldn't check my email and I doubt I would have been able to play musing from internet apps like Songza. I had to do all the work before hand. I was actually finalizing everything until the very last minute before we left haha. 

• Like 4

@@TinkerSofi Thanks!! I'm going to start taking another look at it and see if I can get Doug going on it. If we can do it without wifi then even better! That's the one thing I was worried about. Thanks for the tips. Doug has asked for an Ed Sheeran song - shocked the heck out of me but he played it and it sounds nice. We just haven't decided what we want it for! lol

• Like 2

@@TinkerSofi everything looked amazing!! Im so happy everything went perfect for you!! guys looked so happy! It really makes all the planning worth while!! I cant wait to see your wedding photos! You looked stunning! They did such an amazing job with your hair and makeup!

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi

Your wedding looks like it was perfect! Exactly how you had planned. I'm so happy for you and your husband! How exciting!! I love all the decor you had with your package, it really added a nice touch to the whole atmosphere. The location also looked perfect! it had a tropical elegance! It sounds like the whole day was even better than you had hoped. I'm glad there wasn't too much stress for either of you! 

I'm glad to hear that the Wedding DJ app worked out great for you! I even told my bridesmaid who is getting married in a year about it and she wants to use it. I was almost going to buy it but my wedding coordinator just told me that my resort now no longer offers a sound system rental. Its DJ or no music. I'm really mad at that because the rental was only $40 and now the dj will cost about $250+ :( Oh well. I can maybe use the app for my at home reception. 

Congrats again and I hope you start to feel better soon! Time to start packing for your new love nest! :)

EDIT:

I actually had a question I forgot... I noticed that with your seating arrangement you and Juan sat alone together at the top of the reception area. Did you have your wedding party at one table together? I was going to do a long table for the wedding party but now after seeing your setup I'm considering that option... 

Edited by yycbride2016
  • Like 2

@@yycbride2016 wow its 57 an hour for the Dj at your resort???! IM SUPER JEALOUS! To have a Dj at our resort its going to be 350 an HOUR. :mellow: :( . When we got that quote and were told we cant bring any outside Dj we just decided to rent the sound system for 180 and will use the Dj app.

• Like 3

I have to say, a dj for $250 is a steal! Definitely consider yourself lucky and go with that! I had to put a lot of work into the music and I wish I had been able to afford a DJ and not have to worry about it. A DJ for us started at $1500 and went up from there. 

For the tables, originally I was going to sit the bridal party with us at one long table  but then I also wanted them to be with their dates so I just sat them across the different tables and they sat with their dates (basically as if they were guests). We only had 4 tables, so the whole thing still felt quite intimate. Juan said he would have preferred to sit with everyone else, but I liked this set up. 7 people up there would have looked very crowded. Another thing, if we had sat the bridal party with us, that meant we would have had 3 tables instead of 4, and I felt that would have looked a little empty. I felt like we got the best of both worlds :). Just something to consider depending how many guests you have. I've been to weddings with 100+ people, and it looked very nice when the bridal party sat with the bride and groom, it made them stand out more. I don't think that's the case for smaller weddings. 

• Like 5

@@TinkerSofi Thanks! Thats exactly what I was thinking. I originally had 1 long head table in my plan with 3 tables for guests and i felt it looked empty. I think if I get some more guests signing up to come within the next 4 months then I'll keep the wedding party up front but I love the idea that the bridal party can at least talk to everyone at the table instead of just the people on their left or right. 

And yeah I'm considering myself very lucky now that my dj price is so much cheaper than everyone else. I guess it wasn't that much of a deal breaker after all haha. 

• Like 1