Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

@@acw271011 I would say they're true to size and the heel is quite comfortable. I'll go measure it in a bit haha. They're very similar to my salsa shoes in height. 

I was just telling my mom that I used to wear a size 6 in high school but now when it comes to heels i'm a 5 1/5 or 5. So either sizes have changed, my foot has shrunk or I was totally wearing the wrong size haha. 

My choice #1 will be to let the top part of the dress out a bit, and if that is a no go then I'll change it to the corset. I do love the corset back but I love the closing of this dress as it is. I agree that with the corset I wouldn't have to worry as much about the dress fitting. 

@@calgarybride2015 I ended up booking where I bought the dress. She gave me a rough quote of $350 for everything which isn't so bad and since she sold me the dress and is the one who suggested that she could do the corset I go there. I don't want any surprises and tears by going to someone else and them telling me that it can't be done. 

I'm going to go try these shoes again and hopefully make a decision. I really can't keep them both because with that money I could buy my undergarments and something else. 

Talking about undergarments. I have a bit of an issue with the top of my dress. I have a pretty small chest and the top fits fine but when I lift my arms I feel like i'm going to flash everyone haha (if I arch my back enough I actually do flash everyone lol). The seamstress said I don't need a bra and we'll just put some inserts on the inside of the dress. I'm not sure this will even fix the problem haha. I had inserts for my grad dress and I didn't really like them. They didn't push anything up and they had a life of their own. In other words they looked totally fake. I was thinking of getting one of those stick on strapless bras just to be safe haha. Has anyone tried that? 

I'm afraid I've changed my mind as well about the shoes. I agree that the champagne gets washed out with the colour of the dress. The pink ones look amazing!!!

I've also been thinking about the stick on strapless but worried with the heat I'll sweat the stick on bra right off! Lol! I would Clow to know if anyone has tried them before and if they work.

I'll be honest I've never heard anything "good" about those sticky things. If you're that worried I would just get fitted for a good strapless bra. It will help the fit of the dress and make sure you're comfortable.

@@TinkerSofi, after seeing the shoes with your dress, I do agree with everyone that the champagne doesn't look as vibrant and completely gets washed out. The pink looks nice and since they match Juan's tie, I say go for the pink!

I have worn the sticky strapless bras, I used to call the chicken cutlets because they totally look like them lol. They did not come off, even when I was sweating. The ones I had clasped in the middle so if you placed the cutlets further from each other and clasped them, you'd get more cleavage. So they were good at giving the girls some oomph, and there were no straps and were backless so they were great. They were also gel like so they weren't stiff and looked natural. If you are young to use them, I say get them before your next fitting because they will obviously add some size to your bust, not a lot but some.

• Like 2

lol I love that! chicken cutlets!! cool!  Seriously do you remember what brand it was? I've never seen gel ones. Only the sticky ones that I've only heard negative remarks about, namely that they're uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Thanks girls. After a lot of back and forth. I decided to keep the pink ones for the wedding :D . Now it's just a matter of calling Norstrom tomorrow for them to send me a 5 1/5 before they run out and I'll send the size 6 back. 

I have the stick on petals but never the whole bra because I was afraid that the glue wouldn't be strong enough. Only once I've had the issue where they moved. I had like a body suit on and all of a sudden I find one by my belly button and the other one somewhere on my ribs lol. I have no idea why as they were totally fine after and never had that issue again (maybe I put lotion on before wearing them, I don't remember). Lol @@Wafflesmom they do look like that! haha. It freaks me out when I wear the petals because I always forget I have them and when I take my clothes off it looks totally freaky haha.Where are the ones you have from @@Wafflesmom? I'll definitely give that a try because at least if I flash someone it will be with chicken cutlets lol. I really dislike the foam inserts they just looked weird all night, at least for me.

I got the guy's ties today from Etsy! I bought Juan the one with the stripes. It was the only left so I ordered the solid pink ones for the groomsmen. I'll post more when they arrive! 

I'll be honest I've never heard anything "good" about those sticky things. If you're that worried I would just get fitted for a good strapless bra. It will help the fit of the dress and make sure you're comfortable.

I measured the heels! They're around 3.5 (from the very Base of the heel to the floor) but very comfortable. They feel like maybe 3. The strap at the front is wide and comfortable so your toes don't slide around too much. The biggest thing is getting the ribbon tight enough to hold the back part of the shoe securely. If you have really skinny ankles it might be more of a problem but otherwise they're ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Yay for the Pink!!! Oh and I love the blue. They're super cute!!! I found one pair I really like but they don't have my size so I've put it on a flag if they do come along.

I had cups sewn into my dress because I didn't want to wear a full bra when we got married and it worked out perfectly. They didn't look fake at all thank fully. The seamstress stitched them right into the dress. I definitely don't need cleavage unfortunately (less is definitely more!! lol) so I wasn't too worried about that, but Victoria Secret has some really nice strapless bras with push up, and with the new lighter fabrics they have, you could take a look and see how hot they might be, but I don't think they would be.

@@TinkerSofi those chicken cutlets lasted a long time and were comfy. They never ended up on my belly and I think that would've been so funny if it did happen. I do believe you have to have dry skin with no lotions to make sure they stay. And I agree that it also freaks me out when I forget I have the nipple pasties on. The silicone ones totally blend in with my skin and it looks like I have no nipples at all

So believe it or not, I last bought the silicone adhesive bras at one of those kiosks in the middle of the mall. You know, the ones that sell curlers, cell phone covers, etc. you can check those out but not certain if they still sell them. In case they don't, I fund some research and the U.S. website for David's Bridal says they sell them for $31. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Silicone-Adhesive-Bra-SIM

• Like 2