Tinkersofi's Planning Thread - Azul Fives August 13, 2015

I was a busy bee this weekend. I worked on a few projects :), even though it might be kind of early for some of them. 

I followed your guy's advice and I'm going to do the guest book with the "cued" responses and then I'll add a photobooth. I'll just put the two together afterwards. So with my mom we worked on designing the cards, and this is what we came up with:

92ebd9f1-a097-4999-bcb8-374c9d879c49_zps

It's not the final copy yet and there's some things I want to change about it. 

Then I worked on the little vases for the tables. I just put some ribbon and lace on them and this is what they look like: 

jarritos%202_zpsxdqkvvyd.jpg

The bridesmaid bouquets are going to go in there on the tables. 

Then I started thinking of what I want for the table numbers. I found what I liked so I made them haha. I know it's super early for this but I made more than enough. I cut them using a cricut machine that my mom has and I'll put them on some kind of holder like the first picture. I played around with the colors but in the end we both liked black numbers better, so I made them all black numbers and pearly ivory background. I just have to glue them on now and that's why they don't look even on the paper :P

mesas%20carteles%20azuk_zpsziokf4ql.jpg79dd7786-e8fd-4719-930b-d9097afbc9c5_zps

Then I also edited the website. I changed the times of the reception to reflect our changes, and I also added a page on dress code. I had a few people ask me so I thought I would create something with some picture examples so there's no guess work. It was so hard to find pictures of guys' attire haha.

Originally I was so strict about the attire, but now I realized I was being totally unreasonable, especially given how hot it's going to be out there. If people are uncomfortable they'll just end up leaving early and I really don't want that to happen. Originally I didn't want guys to wear shorts, etc. I guess I  was afraid of people showing up in beach shorts. The whole thing really started when I went to hand out the invitations and one of my friends was wearing a beach cotton dress. So she asked me what she should wear, and her mom chimed in saying "Oh, something like what you're wearing is fine" I didn't really know how to tell her that it was a more formal event haha. So awkward. So anyway, the main thing is I want people to look good and keep it somewhat formal, but I'm not going to turn into a bridezilla/fashion police over such a small detail. This is what I wrote on the website (I added pants for the ladies, although I really doubt anyone will wear any pants, unless they're crazy haha) 

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserViewWebsitePage?wid=852284c5602fe01f&pid=38a4641049732b85

That's it for now! I'm tracking the jewellery, it's in Mississauga now, but needs to go through customs and that can take a while sometimes. Can you tell i'm a bit anxious? haha 

• Like 3

Good job with the guest book cards :) I like it! The whole dress code is a good idea I might have to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good idea on the dress code . I had omitted it from my website bc I was like um who doesn't know how to dress for a nice beach wedding... Turns out a lot of people by the questions I got ( I know it's hot but I didn't realize guys were thinking shorts, although in the end I won't care )

• Like 1

@Meandhim @nadiakat17 I wanted to get the guess work out of the way for my guests, and when I'm a guest the pictures help to decide what to wear :).

I just don't know what gets into people thinking that a DW is any different from a local wedding. I will seriously never understand. I'm not expecting suits, but just something nice. Maybe they think I'm getting married in my bathing suit? hahah. 

@Meandhim @nadiakat17 I wanted to get the guess work out of the way for my guests, and when I'm a guest the pictures help to decide what to wear :).

I just don't know what gets into people thinking that a DW is any different from a local wedding. I will seriously never understand. I'm not expecting suits, but just something nice. Maybe they think I'm getting married in my bathing suit? hahah. 

My fiancee legit wanted to wear swim trunks & a tshirt.  I had a hard time convincing him to 1) have guests and 2) that it was still a WEDDING.  So I'm less surprised than I should be about guest attire.  I've just been telling people to wear what they'd wear to a summer wedding in the states.  And to try not to look like a lobster, especially for the wedding party ;)

• Like 1

I just looked at the Travel Tips section of your website and you are so smart to put the part about the customs forms! We (and by "we" I mean my fiance) lost that slip one time we went to Mexico and he had to spend money to get it replaced and we almost missed our flight home! Lesson learned.

We're getting married in Jamaica and for some reason I can't remember what they did when we were there last year, but I think it is the same. So I'll add that to my travel tips list!

Also, since you fill the forms out on the plane it is a good idea to bring a pen. Never have I traveled internationally where the flight attendants had pens and we had to beg and borrow a few times :)

• Like 1

I just looked at the Travel Tips section of your website and you are so smart to put the part about the customs forms! We (and by "we" I mean my fiance) lost that slip one time we went to Mexico and he had to spend money to get it replaced and we almost missed our flight home! Lesson learned.

We're getting married in Jamaica and for some reason I can't remember what they did when we were there last year, but I think it is the same. So I'll add that to my travel tips list!

Also, since you fill the forms out on the plane it is a good idea to bring a pen. Never have I traveled internationally where the flight attendants had pens and we had to beg and borrow a few times :)

Good idea! I'll make sure to add bring a pen to the list. I find the Cancun airport is so chaotic that the more ready you are when you get there the better. 

Love the guest book cards and the table numbers!! The guest book cards are such a cute idea. I'm really considering doing something like that.

I really liked it too! I was in between that one and another one that has the message written with blanks and people need to fill in the blanks with verbs, adjectives, etc. I think those would be so much fun too, you probably end up with really funny messages :)

Love your thread...Everything looks so fantastic! I find myself laughing out loud a lot when i read through because of how i can relate so much to some of it.

The most recent comment about people's attire is one example....my sister and i had that very same conversation after her destination wedding! I'm going to for sure make mention of it on our website...great idea !  :) 

• Like 3

My fiancee legit wanted to wear swim trunks & a tshirt. I had a hard time convincing him to 1) have guests and 2) that it was still a WEDDING. So I'm less surprised than I should be about guest attire. I've just been telling people to wear what they'd wear to a summer wedding in the states. And to try not to look like a lobster, especially for the wedding party ;)

Mine wanted to wear a banana hammock sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7