• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
  • 135 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

What did you do with your day BEFORE having your hair and makeup done in the spa/room?  Did you plan a group activity?  Have a beach day with girlfriends?  I would like to plan something after breakfast but before 3pm since we have a young crowd going.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 smileitseb

smileitseb
  • 310 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

@AyeWatSoon my wedding is at 5 (not sure if that's the time you mean by late wedding) but I feel like i will have breakfast, relax, start really getting ready at 12. i dont want to plan anything in fear that i will get overwhelmed!

58 guests plus bride and groom
Ceremony: Gazebo
Reception: Pool Deck

#3 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

We have a 6pm ceremony and 8pm receptiont.... but our hair/make-up will start around 1:00. That really only leaves time for breakfast and relaxing. I don't want to rush myself to the beach in the morning or anything of the sort, so we won't be making plans. Hopefully sleeping in, some brunch, and just relaxing before the day gets hectic

#4 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

I didn't have a late wedding, but thought I would chime in.

I had myself and 3 bridesmaid's for the spa, but also had to get my daughter ready (flower girl).

Between the spa and getting ready plus the 'getting ready' shots I needed 5 hours - we started at 10am and the ceremony was at 3pm. If you get married at 5pm (for example) I would recommend you start around 12pm unless you have more people where you may consider starting a bit earlier depending on the services you are all having done. So after a nice breakfast and maybe a quick lounge at the pool you won't have much time to plan anything crazy.  I would keep it simple, as some said above, not to stress yourself out.  You have so much going thru your mind already about the big day and things you hope you don't forget and sometimes last minute details - you don't need to worry about planning activities for anyone but yourself/bridal party!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#5 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

Thanks ladies for the responses! I plan to make my hair/makeup appointment for 3pm in preparation for my 5:30 wedding. We have no bridal party and aren't doing "getting ready" pictures. {Our underwater photo shoot will be our official wedding pictures}

I may just lounge at the pool with my friends/family. Seems easy enough. I was just worried my guest would be bored leading up to the ceremony.

#6 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

Thanks ladies for the responses! I plan to make my hair/makeup appointment for 3pm in preparation for my 5:30 wedding. We have no bridal party and aren't doing "getting ready" pictures. {Our underwater photo shoot will be our official wedding pictures}

I may just lounge at the pool with my friends/family. Seems easy enough. I was just worried my guest would be bored leading up to the ceremony.

With only yourself and no pre photos I think 2.5 hours is reasonable.

Guests can do whatever they want like on all the other days they are there :) it's your day and no one is going to expect anything from
You - trust me. Our guests did whatever they wanted every day we were there and the wedding day was no exception. We just asked they remain sober until the reception hahaha (we have some hardcore partiers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#7 Lia33

Lia33
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

@AyeWatSoon Trust me, your guests will NOT be bored lol They will be lounging around but I'm sure they will be enjoying themselves. Most of my guests have even asked us to not plan much for them as this will also be like their vacation and they want to relax as much as they can. 

#8 candle23

candle23
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

Our ceremony was later, and my DH and I had breakfast together that morning, wandered around and talked to people around the pool, organized all his stuff in his dad's room where he got ready, then he went off with his groomsmen and I grabbed a latte, enjoyed the rest of the morning chatting with people. We had 80 guests so there were always people around!! It was very relaxed and lovely! Then I wandered back to my room...and had to wait on it being cleaned(despite having requested it be cleaned first thing!!)

I wouldn't plan anything specific for the day of...you don't want to be rushed or late!! And your guests will enjoy the calm of the day before the celebrations to come!!

#9 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

You ladies rock! I asked a few guests about this and they said they don't expect to see me until the ceremony.

I'm such a worry wart when it comes to hosting. I will follow your advice and plan nothing before the ceremony.

Thanks again ladies!

#10 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

How many plan to see their fiance the day of?

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users