2016 Brides Dominican Republic Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
  • 66 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hey everybody!! My fiancé and I got engaged the day after thanksgiving and now we're in the beginning statved of trying to figure out where we want to get married! We're thinking May 2016... I must confess! I have a first love (hard rock punta cana) but am unsure if I want to commit. I want to be sure to get the best deal for everyone coming (thinking maybe 10 guests) and they are a little high. I am also looking at places in Jamaica but the ones I have looked at don't compare (rooms aren't as updated or nice). I've never been out of the country so I really don't have much to compare to... I've spoken with a TA but am still lost. How is everyone else's process going?

#2 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

@Cablelove11 - Congratulations! I think choosing a location/resort is definitely one of the more difficult and important decisions you will have to make. When we were deciding we knew we wanted an all-inclusive, adults-only resort in a destination that everyone could get to on a non-stop flight (from Chicago). The more amenities the better (e.g. restaurants, 24 hr room service, pool options, etc.). We didn't have a specific price range in mind, but we knew what we thought was too much to ask people to pay as we went along. I also read review after review after review. (We travel quite a bit, so I'm used to this kind of research!) Another thing to look at ahead of time is what kind of wedding packages are offered and what's included vs. extra costs. From there you can see what works for your wants and needs vs. your budget.

Generally speaking, I think Mexico and Punta Cana tend to have more options in a wider range of prices. Sorry I don't really have specific recommendations, but everyone has different preferences and budgets.

#3 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

@JenniferH114 thanks! This part is so nerve wrecking! I think I know what my heart wants, but I don't want to shut out other possibilities. There is so much that is unknown. I have been emailing back and forth with my TA but I think I need to see her face to face, maybe that will help with my decision.

#4 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:20 AM

@Cablelove11 - I completely understand! You definitely have some time still. Just keep looking around and exploring possibilities. Maybe you will end up sticking with the Hard Rock or maybe something new with catch your eye. Hard Rock hotels are awesome, but they are definitely unique in terms of room style, etc. You might have a difficult time finding something comparable if that's what you have your heart set on. There are TONS of amazing resorts out there, though, so it's worth giving it a little more time.

I'm not sure if adults-only would work for you but I have heard great things about the new Breathless Punta Cana. It's under a year old and has a very modern style to it. Some friends went there for a honeymoon and loved it. Just one idea that I could think of that might somewhat compare to the Hard Rock. :)

#5 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

You should definately think of a budget on what you are comfortable having your guests spend to join you. Then maybe scope out a few options and talk to a travel agent. Usually a travel agent can provide you with a few solid options and recommendations. Hard Rock PC is beautiful :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:29 AM

Congrats on your engagement Cablelove11 !!! you've come to the right place for lots of resources to assist you with your destination wedding plans, so well done on a great start :)

We're based in Playa del Carmen, Mexico - so are partial to our amazing Mayan Riviera location (of course!) and here are a few visual reasons why.....with more at the album link here: Cover Photos

1779993_10152168341559487_765040290_o.jp

1559519_10152106833954487_1160439146_o.j

1454681_10153038436459487_82941670730249

Hope you find the answers you're looking for, and remember to enjoy your journey - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 10 February 2015 - 08:30 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

@Cablelove11 stick with PC or mex-not jamaica!

#8 Cablelove11

Cablelove11
    • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

@nettiegams325 why do you say no to Jamaica? Bad experience?

#9 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

Oh, sad to see your comment. What is wrong with Jamaica? My fiance is from there and has family there - it is a beautiful, safe country with nice people, amazing food and culture and tons to do! We are getting married there in June and have over 70 guests from the US who are thrilled to join us!

@Cablelove11 stick with PC or mex-not jamaica!

#10 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

@Cablelove11 I've been to Jamaica twice and my experiences, observations, and discussions with locals and tourists make me never want to return. I don't mean to offend anyone who loves Jamaica or is having their wedding there, I am just giving my opinion as a wedding is one of the most important days of your life.

If you want more info please send me a direct message, I don't want to start a riot haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Dominican Republic, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users