1321 replies to this topic

#951 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

@Wafflesmom hilarious!!! I just sent that same thing to my girlfriend when she asked how i'm doing today!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#952 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

Great minds think alike! ;)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#953 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

@perianjay 

OMG! Wow! That girl was obviously not your real friend!  She is a SUCKY PERSON! I am so glad that she is no longer a  part of your wedding! I'm also glad this happened now instead of actually ruining your happy day! You deserve better!! It is definitely her loss! I am so MAD for you right now and I never get mad! Who does that?! I never met anyone who would do that! I can't even comprehend that! She is not worth your time! She is not worth the dirt on your shoe!

I am glad you have real friends who can stand up for you and take her place and fix her mess! They will give you the help and support you without question! These are the people you want to have your wedding memory's with! True Friends who are genuinely happy for you!! 

I LOVE how positive your attitude is! I know it still hurts when a friendship ends but sometimes people come into our lives just to teach us lessons...lesson learned...glad you are happily moving on! You have Bigger Brighter & Happier things to look forward to! Big Hugs!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#954 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

@Meandhim Thanks Shavonne! You're too sweet. I know.. a lot of my friends are super angry at her and super angry for me. It really hit me hard because the day before she emailed me that our friendship was over, my closest friend since gradeschool messaged me and she just randomly said "Per... I don't like Ashley at all". This was before anything happened.. and I always trust her because she has the best gut instinct about people.

The next day I messaged her and said how she was so right about it all. 

I'm so happy that I can just move on from this and not deal with someone else's insecurities about their own life anymore. It didn't need to be a dark cloud over my wedding.

My planning thread :

#955 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

Omg! I can't believe someone could be so harsh and unsupportive. It's such a good think that you've broken the ties with her. Out with the old and in with the new. You will be so much happier this way. I'm so glad your other girlfriends are there for you and supporting you the way you deserve! Chin up and just stay positive. Everything will perfect in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#956 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Signage

I've been working on the last of my signage and i'm going to be printing everything in the next week or two. I know I posted my recent creations (door hanger and advice cards). I also decided to make some table numbers, a sign to go with the advice cards and the 'ispy game' which I had gotten the great idea to make because of @Meandhim :)

attachicon.gifSample1.png

attachicon.gifsample.png

attachicon.gifsample2.jpg

As i'm sure you can tell by now.. my theme for all of my prints is watercolour and coral :)

Love the picture encouragement. I may need to include something like this in my welcome package.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

#957 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
    • 286 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

WOw. Sorry you had to experience something so hurtful but how eyeopening!! As the others have mentioned, it seems that although this is horrible to go through so close to your big day, it will all work out better in the end because of it. She seemed like a weight that was holding you down and effecting you and your happiness. Who knows the havoc she could have caused had she remained in the wedding party. I am angry for you but at least now you know where you stand and you can move forward with a more positive, supportive bridal party...which you deserve! 

#958 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:11 PM

I'm so, so sorry this happened so close to your wedding. As the other ladies have said, it's good that it did come now and not a week before you're ready to fly! Karma can be a very strange thing sometimes.... hers will come to her. But now you have friends around you that are completely supportive and that's nothing less than what you deserve. What any of the ladies here deserve for their wedding day. It always hurts me to read how many of the brides here have been put through things like this because of their wedding. It's just so unfair. You know everyone here will always support you. As @MrsCtoB said, now you can go forward without the negativity hanging over you. There isn't anyone that needs friends like that. In a small way I feel sorry for her because she's obviously a very unhappy person.

On a much happier note, all of your things look so amazing! You truly have a special talent! It will be so much fun to see your wedding pictures to see how it all comes together after being here on this forum with you while you "built" it all!!

I agree - your list looks very manageable. But I have to say all of you ladies scare the beejeezus our of me! lol I'm so grateful I don't have to worry about lists like that! I would be a total wreck!!

And I definitely have to look into these "chicken cutlets!" My dress is see through on the sides and the back is a bit low so it sounds like chicken might work for me as well. lol But I know if tell Doug anything about chicken cutlets, I'll never live it down!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#959 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
    • 670 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

WTH?!? I can understand (to a point) someone dropping out of the wedding party. There are potentially valid reasons. But to go from being your MOH to saying she doesn't want to continue the friendship and dropping things she had already started, like you bachelorette party??? Wow, just wow. That is not MOH material and as horrible as it may be to say, you are better off w/o her. I'm sure lots of ladies on this forum would step up for you if you needed it haha but sounds like you have it covered with a REAL friend. I think you are being incredibly mature and accepting of this. You are a better person than I would be. Wish you nothing but the best from here on out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#960 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • LocationToronto

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

@MrsCtoB @acw271011 @vancouverpetunia @yycbride2016 Thanks for your support ladies. Yesterday was a good day for me.. I almost felt a sense of cleanse.. like my worries sort of drifted away and for the first time in a long time I felt really happy about everything. I think that my MOH was affecting me so negatively in more ways than I even thought that she was. It feels good and i'm really truly happy that this occurred. I will admit, the first night after it happened I was really angry at myself. Even though I wholeheartedly knew that there was nothing I could've done differently in the situation, I was angry at myself for putting as much faith in her as I had.

My lesson learned from this is that no matter how happy you are, there's always going to be someone in your life that is insecure with their own situation and your happiness only fuels their insecurities more. I couldn't control that unfortunately.. I wasn't going to walk around being miserable to make her feel better. My MOH was definitely the "type" that would try to gravitate to others that were 'weaker' than her so that she could nurture her own insecurities. I think that ultimately that's what tore her apart.. I was happy and she couldn't do that with me.

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users