1321 replies to this topic

#81 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

@perianjay   How did do your I do, I do too timeline with the wedding chicks?  

It looks so nice.  I've been trying to find a template for that little timeline and have been unsuccessful so far. 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#82 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:13 PM

@perianjay - major kudos & congrats on a great planning thread! I can't wait to see even more as well as pics from the big day! 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#83 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

@veryvalero The timeline is one that I made myself using SnagIt. The template I got from Wedding Chicks was the Thank You letter (the gray and pink chevron printed one)

@girlinthecity97 Thank you :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#84 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

I love the stationery, it all looks very classy with your colors. 

I think the go pro idea is awesome :)

event.png

#85 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

@TinkerSofi Thanks! I'm really glad I found stationary templates that matched well and didn't have to pay for them! I'm really excited about the GoPro idea.. I think it's going to turn out really cool! We aren't hiring a videographer, so we plan on using the GoPro during the reception as well and passing it around etc.

My planning thread :

#86 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

I love your stationary. It's so pretty!! I so envy the creative ladies here! Your key card tag is too cute!!! I never even thought about Vistaprint for it! Cool idea!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#87 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

@TinkerSofi Thanks! I'm really glad I found stationary templates that matched well and didn't have to pay for them! I'm really excited about the GoPro idea.. I think it's going to turn out really cool! We aren't hiring a videographer, so we plan on using the GoPro during the reception as well and passing it around etc.

i think that's great, you'll get to see your wedding from different people's point of view and it's awesome. I have a videocamera and we also thought about passing it around for people to make a "collage" of videos. We have a videographer but home videos have a different feel to them :)

event.png

#88 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

@acw271011 Thank you!! :) The key card I can't take full credit for. My friend is getting married the week before me (also destination) so we decided to go half on the order of everything. It ended up working out really well though. We got the Inserts, wrist coils and the zip inclosure for $30 each. I get 50, she get's 50.

@TinkerSofi I really want a videographer, but I just don't think it's in the budget for us.. especially with how poor the Canadian dollar is doing now.. I'm already expecting to add another 30% to everything. I love the idea of the video collage!! super cute. I'm kind of hoping to do something like that with the GoPro videos that I take. When I get home I want to edit it all and make one big video to send out to everyone. It will be nice because a lot of the videographer videos tend to focus on mainly the couple, but with the GoPro I want it to be about all of the guests too since they are a big part of it all. I hope it turns out well.. I even upgraded my GoPro to get the best quality one haha. I'd love to have both though.. a videographer + a GoPro.

Edited by perianjay, 05 March 2015 - 06:09 AM.

My planning thread :

#89 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

@acw271011 Thank you!! :) The key card I can't take full credit for. My friend is getting married the week before me (also destination) so we decided to go half on the order of everything. It ended up working out really well though. We got the Inserts, wrist coils and the zip inclosure for $30 each. I get 50, she get's 50.

@TinkerSofi I really want a videographer, but I just don't think it's in the budget for us.. especially with how poor the Canadian dollar is doing now.. I'm already expecting to add another 30% to everything. I love the idea of the video collage!! super cute. I'm kind of hoping to do something like that with the GoPro videos that I take. When I get home I want to edit it all and make one big video to send out to everyone. It will be nice because a lot of the videographer videos tend to focus on mainly the couple, but with the GoPro I want it to be about all of the guests too since they are a big part of it all. I hope it turns out well.. I even upgraded my GoPro to get the best quality one haha. I'd love to have both though.. a videographer + a GoPro.

are you keeping your go pro without the waterproof casing? I have a similar camera and the casing really affects the sound unless you have a microphone attached. 

event.png

#90 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

@TinkerSofi I'm going to have it out of the casing for the wedding portion. I'm actually going to make some sort of contraption that it will be attached to so that it stays in my bouquet. Maybe a stick of some sorts? not too too sure yet, but my FI is pretty good with that kind of stuff.. so hopefully he has a good idea haha. I know that there's a tutorial on YouTube that a guy made and his wife did it. It turned out really well.. If you YouTube "GoPro Bouquet" I think there's a few videos on there..

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users