1321 replies to this topic

#821 Janjin

Janjin
  • 94 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

@perianjay - that's so exciting!!  Can't wait to see pics!!

Daisy

Can't wait to marry my best friend   :).

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...tori/?p=1902797

#822 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

@perianjay I love your white maxi from your engagement shoot. And you made a different floral crown? Can't wait to see it!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#823 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

@perianjay I totally have the wedding blues, which is why I also haven't been around as much, it makes me sad that it's over :(

I don't know why I just saw your shoes and OMG!! They're so pretty :).

event.png

#824 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:32 AM

@Wafflesmom Yes! I made a simple one with greenery and some white floral. Planning to wear it for the wedding here.

@TinkerSofi Aww!! I know for a fact that i'm going to be the same way.. I am already getting a mild case of the wedding blues. I miss the beginning of planning when there was so much excitement to plan! haha

Thanks!! I'm currently trying to locate those shoes. Those are the only ones i'm in love with right now so i'm trying to track them down. BHLDN has them, but it's sooo expensive through them once I take the USD and shipping into account (almost $200)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#825 Smellsey

Smellsey
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

Wow your designs are beautiful! I love them!! I am totally going to your etsy site :):)

Sorry for the delay- I am catching up on your thread!!

I just have to say in regards to your bridesmaid I TOTALLY think that she is jealous and rushing. I am a maid of honor in 2 weddings..one coming up on September 19th. She got engaged in December 2013, and wanted to get married September 2014 but the venue wasn't available that month and she wasn't willing to switch so they pushed it a year. I got engaged in June 2014 and I didn't want to take away from her at all (plus I knew I wanted a destination) so I pushed mine as far away as possible. My other best friend got engaged in September 2014 and is getting married May 2016. I feel like we all were super respectful of each other and tried to make certain days about only that person. Where this is a will.. there is a way! And we had all been with our significant others for 5 plus years. I am sorry that you are going through that. As pissed off as your are at the situation, you are most pissed off about who it happened with. Xo.

#826 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

@Smellsey Thank you so much!! :)

I know.. as much as I didn't want to think that, I can't help but think that. It's kind of funny because when I told her on Saturday night that Chester and I are tying the knot this Friday, she made a comment like "Your wedding is in December, but now you're getting married before me".. 

I think she is having a really hard time watching all of her friends get married before her and her be the last one and not be at 'the same stage' as everyone else. I am her last closest friend getting married. Her other two close friends also got married earlier in the year so I think that's why she's trying to rush.. and I think she didn't want to be the last one married.

It bothers me because she has been thinking about herself and not how she affects other people with her decisions. I, like you, would be respectful enough to steer clear of any dates even remotely close to my friend's wedding.. especially if she had already picked her dates a year in advance. When I picked my wedding date she had only been dating this guy for one month..When I think of it that way it really gets under my skin.

I will admit, i'm still struggling with it right now, but trying to be supportive for her. She is in full wedding mode and thinking about herself..Selfishly that does bother me in ways because it's coming down to the wire on my wedding and she isn't really 'there' for me the way she would've been had she waited and had her wedding at the appropriate time.

My planning thread :

#827 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

@perianjay Your legal is going to be beautiful! Definitely post pics!!! I think what you wore for your engagement shoot was gorgeous so my vote would be to wear that, especially if you've done something a bit different for your hair! Will be great!

I'm sorry that your friend is still not being a real friend. It totally sucks and you have every right for it to bother you with your wedding being so close. Let's just hope now she doesn't do anything really silly and try and cram something of her own in before your legal ceremony!

You're getting close now too!! So many weddings in such a short time! I'm going to lose so many of my brides!! (:

Just an FYI, I haven't put in the Etsy request yet because Joyce has been helping me rejig the menu. Doug decided he didn't like the original selections so we're trying to rework it. I sent her another email this morning so hopefully hear something back today, then I can finalize what's on it and put it together, then ask you for the Etsy quote. Then I'll just have the door cards and menus done at the same time since i don't need very many. But I've decide I'm going to try TPH because Staples just couldn't get the colours right. The design is so pretty and so nicely done I don't want them to look mickey mouse when I print them.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#828 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

@perianjay I totally have the wedding blues, which is why I also haven't been around as much, it makes me sad that it's over :(

I don't know why I just saw your shoes and OMG!! They're so pretty :).

I think that is why I am so active on the boards still, I can't give it all up!!!!

@Smellsey Thank you so much!! :)

I know.. as much as I didn't want to think that, I can't help but think that. It's kind of funny because when I told her on Saturday night that Chester and I are tying the knot this Friday, she made a comment like "Your wedding is in December, but now you're getting married before me".. 

I think she is having a really hard time watching all of her friends get married before her and her be the last one and not be at 'the same stage' as everyone else. I am her last closest friend getting married. Her other two close friends also got married earlier in the year so I think that's why she's trying to rush.. and I think she didn't want to be the last one married.

It bothers me because she has been thinking about herself and not how she affects other people with her decisions. I, like you, would be respectful enough to steer clear of any dates even remotely close to my friend's wedding.. especially if she had already picked her dates a year in advance. When I picked my wedding date she had only been dating this guy for one month..When I think of it that way it really gets under my skin.

I will admit, i'm still struggling with it right now, but trying to be supportive for her. She is in full wedding mode and thinking about herself..Selfishly that does bother me in ways because it's coming down to the wire on my wedding and she isn't really 'there' for me the way she would've been had she waited and had her wedding at the appropriate time.

Ugh, her comment kind of just confirmed she only wanted to beat you to the altar!  Try to let it go and enjoy these last few months because it will be here before you know it.

Congrats on your legal marriage on Friday, sooooo excited for you!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#829 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

@perianjay What a jealous comment to make, "...but now you're getting married before me" - Who says that?!

I thought about you the other day and the fact that your ceremony is this weekend!  So exciting!  Can't wait to see pics :)

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#830 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

@acw271011 @deecol @calgarybride2015 That's exactly what I thought too.. In my head that's the moment it solidified any suspicion that I had about her trying to get married before me. She seemed jealous when I told her that we were getting married Friday.. she didn't show any excitement at all and then she made that comment and had to say "Even though your wedding is December". 

I just feel like I have every right to get married when I choose to and not have to deal with the snide remarks..I know for sure in my heart that i'm not in the wrong and i've put up with a lot from her and her random spur of the moment wedding. I'm also a bit annoyed because she calls me her best friend.. but i'm not going to her city hall ceremony or her dress shopping. I think that all of this has sort of made me realize that she isn't my truest friend. I was definitely looking through rose coloured glasses prior to all of this. Some of the people that I thought would be most supportive and most true, were the ones that ended up being the least true to me and I think that makes me appreciate the wedding even more. When all of this drama is happening and i'm going through hard times with friends, I know that i'm marrying the one person that always has my back.

@acw271011 No rush with the menu cards!! Just let me know whenever you know and I will work something up for you. It usually doesn't take me longer than one day to get something done.. so don't rush it for me at all. Just message me whenever you're ready.

Edited by perianjay, 01 September 2015 - 10:17 AM.

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users