#801 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

@perianjay 

It all looks awesome! Love the I Spy! ;) 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#802 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

@Meandhim Thank you!! I have you to thank for that because I never thought of it and it was your thread that sparked my inspiration!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#803 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:58 AM

@perianjay

haha...oh well then, stay tuned for more sparks!lol! I almost finished off my Welcome bag last night and my crazy Quiz / Menu (Hint: think grade 6)  is next! lol

event.png

#804 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

@Meandhim hahah!!! can't wait to see. You should post your welcome bags!! I have everything for mine and have for a while, but i've literally shoved everything in bags and hid them in my den. I have been wanting to post a photo of everything going in my bags, but now I feel too lazy to after storing it all away lol.

My planning thread :

#805 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

@perianjay

I will...I'm just waiting on one thing that should be here next week...I'll take a pic just before I poke them away in the suit case never to be seen again until Punta Cana! I also have a pre-flight letter and a luggage tag to post hopefully this weekend.

Do you have everything packed in the bags or are you going to fill them when you get there?

Edited by Meandhim, 28 August 2015 - 07:10 AM.

event.png

#806 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:17 AM

@Meandhim Ohh awesome! I was going to try to do luggage tags.. my friend bought me the seals that go over the card, but i'm getting a bit lazy at this point.. so i'm not sure I will follow through haha.

I'm going to fill the bags the day that we get to Cancun. We are having our welcome dinner on the second night and that's when I plan to give them out. I've had quite a few friends offer to take some things off our hands so that helps. I don't want to be one of these brides that has to take 17 pieces of luggage.. it's my worst nightmare. Luckily my parents only ever use one luggage, so they have offered to let me use their second luggage. My brother will be a light packer too.. so I plan to shove a few things in his luggage and some of our good friends have offered as well. Hopefully that should suffice.

What are you planning to do with yours? assemble once there?

My planning thread :

#807 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:32 AM

@perianjay

Depends on how much room in my luggage I have...we get in around 4 and I will be scheduling a "Welcome Drinks - Meet & Greet" for around 8:00 or 9:00pm...I will pass them out then.

We got upgraded to first class so we get 4-70lbs checked in total...so if it cant fit in that it's not coming! I don't have too much decor to bring...I bought a bunch and decided not to bring it so I need to have a pre-wedding sale lol

event.png

#808 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

@perianjay I LOVE those shoes. I'm looking for similar ones. I found 3 pairs of shoes that i'm torn between at the moment. One pair is for sure my dream pair but at $119 I think I'd be a little crazy. If it had a wedged heal I maybe would go for it though haha. I also wasn't sure about the whole heal situation. My seamstress told me I can have 2 inches of heel for my dress but I only want a wedge heel and so i'm struggling now. Is the sand the reason you don't want heels? 

I love all the printables you've designed. They are so beautiful and really go well with your style! I should really get a move on a post all my printables I made haha. (I'm more into reading everyone else's threads and ignoring my own :P )

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#809 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

Everything looks fantastic. You are quite talented. Some things I'd do over if I had a chance after seeing all your stuff :)

I love the shoes too. They are def vintage :) I hope you can find them. I'm shocked to hear you wore your sandals once and they are beaten up :( that sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#810 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

@calgarybride2015 aww thanks so much! That means a lot :)

I'm shocked my sandals got beaten up too :( I think it's because we were trekking into bushes etc. They are all dirty looking now and even after I cleaned them off after.

@yycbride2016 thanks!! These shoes are $139 on the bhldn website, but after I account for the dollar being changed to US and shipping.. it would come to close to $200. I've been told by a few friends that they have them in stores locally, so i'm on a mission this weekend to find them. I hear Steven Madden sells them. I'm willing to spend around $100ish

I too have only a little bit of room for heels since i'm a bit on the taller side being 5'8. I'm not even having my dress hemmed because it was the perfect length with bare feet.

I originally didn't want to wear heels because Chester is an inch taller than me..  I don't want to be taller than him in all our pictures. 

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users