2015 Brides Planning Tips Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

#791 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

@meandhim  but it's big enough to put over a door handle, right?

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#792 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

@acw271011

This is not mine door hanger but the hole is the same...it fits on the lever style handle witch most hotel have now or you cut a slit and it will fit around a door knob... Like the ones in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440169486.360400.jpg   150.35KB   11 downloads

Edited by Meandhim, 21 August 2015 - 07:05 AM.

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#793 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

I just noticed my spelling of which... God help me!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#794 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

I'm kind of late to the party here but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that you're going through this. I have to agree @acw271011, don't let someone's envy change or affect your life. I'm sad to say this, but people that jealous don't make good friends and it would be friends off for me. I've had friends like that, and I noticed that you might get over one or two situations like these, but they don't change, they will always find something that you have to be jealous over. You really don't need that energy. 

I think that your day will be special regardless of whether you decide to change it or not. I think you should stick to your original plans. Trust me, that day you'll be so happy that the last thing that will come to mind is your friend ;)

I love the advice cards and I'm happy we did that. Not everyone signed one, but I don't think everyone signs the guestbook at any wedding haha. I'm excited to read them with Juan but unsure as to whether we should read them right away or maybe at our 1yr anniversary. 

event.png

#795 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

I'm kind of late to the party here but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that you're going through this. I have to agree @acw271011, don't let someone's envy change or affect your life. I'm sad to say this, but people that jealous don't make good friends and it would be friends off for me. I've had friends like that, and I noticed that you might get over one or two situations like these, but they don't change, they will always find something that you have to be jealous over. You really don't need that energy.

I think that your day will be special regardless of whether you decide to change it or not. I think you should stick to your original plans. Trust me, that day you'll be so happy that the last thing that will come to mind is your friend ;).

I love the advice cards and I'm happy we did that. Not everyone signed one, but I don't think everyone signs the guestbook at any wedding haha. I'm excited to read them with Juan but unsure as to whether we should read them right away or maybe at our 1yr anniversary.

Read them now and on your first year :)

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#796 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

I love everything you've made so far. You're really creative! The door hangers idea is so good. I'm considering making them now too. Maybe even just one for my FI and I. We decided the day after our wedding will be our one day honeymoon day and the rest of the week we will spend with everyone, so it would be nice to have a do not disturb sign haha. I love that you've kept your design consistent throughout all your printables! Great thinking!

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#797 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:16 AM

The Shoes

So I had actually purchased some leather rose gold sandals for the wedding, but I wore them to my engagement shoot thinking it would be fine and they got pretty beaten up :(

I started looking online and found a pair of shoes that I LOVE.. the only thing is, they have a small heel. I really didn't want to wear a heel, but now I think I may have changed my mind. So i'm currently searching for these shoes.. if they somehow fall into my lap, I will buy them. They sell them on the BHLDN website, but I wanted to try to find them locally.

Attached File  8-28-2015 9-12-58 AM.png   456.36KB   11 downloads

I'm in love with the sparkle/bling and the vintage feel. I think a pretty pair of shoes are important.. PLUS the bottom of the shoes are a powder blue (yay - something blue!).

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#798 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

POPULAR

Signage

I've been working on the last of my signage and i'm going to be printing everything in the next week or two. I know I posted my recent creations (door hanger and advice cards). I also decided to make some table numbers, a sign to go with the advice cards and the 'ispy game' which I had gotten the great idea to make because of @Meandhim :)

Attached File  Sample1.png   141.01KB   12 downloads

Attached File  sample.png   265.46KB   12 downloads

Attached File  sample2.jpg   35.17KB   12 downloads

As i'm sure you can tell by now.. my theme for all of my prints is watercolour and coral :)

Attached Files

Edited by perianjay, 28 August 2015 - 06:35 AM.

My planning thread :

#799 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Everything looks so lovely! I'm jealous haha

event.png

#800 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:49 AM

@TinkerSofi Thank you! Oh gosh, no need to be at all.. your wedding was beautiful from what I can see. I can't wait to see some more pictures. Are you having the wedding blues at all? I feel like i'm going to once I'm done with all of this madness. 

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users