1321 replies to this topic

#681 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

@calgarybride2015 that would be awesome if you could! Does she go to Lola Lash bar by any chance? That's were my friends went in crowfoot and they liked her. That's where I was planning to go. I haven't done much more research than that, so maybe that's cheap when compared to other places, who knows. 

event.png

#682 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

Oh man - I'm so late to this party! I kept seeing all of the updates last week while we were in South Carolina but the wifi was intermittent and hubby kept saying we're on vacation. stop spending time on the computer! lol

Firstly I hope I get everything! I had to read so many pages! lol  @perianjay I love your votive holders! I think the mixed match works beautifully even if the flowers are just ones you had around. With the real ones it will be perfect!

Congrats on your "legal" date and good that it has some sentimentality for you. Your wedding band is so pretty! And it works with your e-ring. Are you going to put it on for your legal, or just wait until Mexico? Do you have a pic of the other one that you want? I'd love to see it!

If you download the Wedding DJ app and work with it, please comment. I bought it and downloaded it and I'm struggling a bit with it. We aren't doing the conventional stuff so I'm wondering if it will even work for us.

On the guys' bands, be warned - you definitely can't re-size tungsten. We tried. More than once! That's what Doug's ring is. It's a dark, smoky grey with a diamond in the center. I really like it but he lost almost 25lbs and guess what. It no longer fits. He nearly lost it down the drain! He wears it on his right hand and it bugs me like crazy! lol I just got him one to give him for our renewal that is gold so if anything ever happens again, we can fix it. You really don't think that something will affect your wedding ring, but it's easier than you realize! I wish we had known about the $50 thing with Michael Hill when we got married. We dealt with a reputable jeweler that has been around for a long time but they didn't offer anything like that.

Who did you deal with for runners? I just ordered the little bit we need last night and used favormart.com The prices were very reasonable. I also looked at tableclothfactory but one of the ones I wanted was out of stock so I used the other site instead. We only need 10 sashes and one runner and one overlay. The whole thing cost me $14 so I'm not complaining!! lol

Your lashes look beautiful! Wow! It's not something I even thought about. Not ever actually! lol Styling Trio asked me about lashes and I said definitely no. I've never worn them in my life and I do actually have pretty long lashes of my own. I can't do waterproof mascara. I have very sensitive eyes and they just go red and water like crazy so I don't even bother! But your's turned out great!!

You're starting to get close now and everything seems to be coming together really nicely. Don't you feel like you want it to come a lot quicker, but you don't want to wish the whole year away since then it will be cold again? lol I so much want to go back to Mexico but I have to stop watching the calendar because I know October means the fall, then winter isn't far behind. Yuck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#683 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

@acw271011 haha no worries. I was MIA on here for a few weeks at one point and came back to so many notifications.

Thanks for all of your nice comments! I'm really happy with the centrepieces finally.. it took a while for me to be satisfied with how it looked. I tried a bunch of different vases and eventually just settled with the clear because I already had a lot going on.

I got my runners from chair cover factory. That's where I found the best pricing on sequins table cloths/runners.

Thanks! I love the lashes.. i'm getting used to them. The only time I forget is in the morning.. I try to rub my eyes and then I remember and immediately stop haha. It's a bit of an adjustment now because I have to treat them with care.

I definitely want the date to come, but I agree about it being winter..I'm not looking forward to that part of it. I'm getting anxious. When I look at my countdown I start to get nervous/anxious butterflies in my stomach. It's really surreal and I keep thinking.. "Am I seriously going to be a WIFE soon!?". I guess it's true that you dream about this day for most of your life and once it's real.. it's a bit surreal I guess. I think there's going to be a big hole in my life after when I have no wedding to plan anymore haha

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#684 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

Just wondering if it's normal for me to have waves of emotion now? I felt SO excited like my wedding couldn't come soon enough and now that it's almost 4 months away i'm kind of freaking out and thinking that i'm not ready enough. I've been wanting to shed some weight for the wedding and I have been slacking completely. I feel like the pressure is on so much right now. I'm definitely getting some anxiety as we get closer to the date. Anyone else had/have these feelings?

My planning thread :

#685 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hiiii!!  Ummm, totally.  I had some panic attacks.  My four month period was around March and at that time I had actually suffered 2 degree burns all over my stomach area which I still have a pretty bad scar...so as you can imagine I was like totally feeling stressed and worried things weren't going to work out.  Shortly after I healed as much as I could and was allowed to work out again, I got on the diet and worked really hard.  I made a lot of progress in 4 months and we got the bulk of our wedding planning, designing, weight loss in the 4 months!  You are very prepared and organized.

My advice is that whatever it is that is in your head that needs to get done, just write it down, and try to get it done. 

We had a lot of disappointments with friends and family - but by the 4 months mark we were mostly trying to focus on our loved ones that were joining us and just have bursts of 'omg' moments, like this is happening, right around the corner.

It's enough time though to get a lot of things done and if your weight loss goals are one of them, it's definitely the perfect time to be a little more aggressive in your approach.  I work better under pressure so for me it was around this time that my weight started dropping.  

So excited for you! and can't wait to chat with you in person!!  :) 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#686 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

@veryvalentine aww thank you! That makes me feel better. I'm totally the same where I work better under pressure, so I am hoping that this pressure and added stress will be what pushes me harder with my weight loss goals.

I can also agree with this point of our planning being more about focusing on the loved ones that are attending. We have gone through enough disappointment during the beginning of this journey and we are so ready to just breathe now and share this moment with the support that we do have.

I'm so excited to meet you and chat as well! :) I remember what you were going through around that time and you were such an inspiration to me with how hard you pushed through. I hope that I can do the same.

My planning thread :

#687 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

I get it. I wasn't so stressed at the 4 month mark, but the last month I've been feeling the pressure and I'm kind of losing sight of why I'm doing all this, which is to celebrate that I'm marrying the love of my life. I feel like a machine, going here and there for appointments, getting things together last minute, planning all the small little details that are kind of important but at the end of the day no one will even care.  

I feel like you're in good shape with the planning. There will always be little things left that sometimes you really can't do until the very last minute. I'm freaking out right now, but not because of the wedding, it's more work that's causing me the stress. Everything that could have gone wrong at work in the last two weeks did. Even though my planning was good there was no way for me to predict these things, so now I just have tons to do and not enough time. I've also been super hormonal the last few days and it's really not helping. 

In terms of the weight loss, from my point of view there are two sides. One, I haven't had time to workout at all in the last 3 weeks. I've been trying to go to the gym as much as I can but that sometimes means once a week. By the time work is done and I do some wedding planning, it's like 10pm and I'm exhausted. The last thing I want is to exercise. I don't want to be negative, but I wouldn't want you to create false expectations that you'll have all this energy and time at the end. This is my experience, yours might be different. The good side, is that if you really watch what you eat, you can probably still lose weight even if you aren't exercising as much ;). I don't know about you, but when i get stressed I lose weight. Maybe part of it is muscle weight, which is bad, but also because I don't get hungry. 

You still have plenty of time though to plan all the last few things and you're pretty much done. I don't think you have anything to worry about. In terms of the weight, try your best, I think the most important thing is the diet, even if you have no time to exercise. Don't put so much stress on yourself over it, we can only do so much and you'll look beautiful no matter what. 

Trust me when I say this, you're more than prepared. You've been doing things that I didn't even get done until a month or two out. 

I agree that creating a list and then checking things off is a huge help. The only way to deal with this kind of "overwhelmed" stress is getting things done. Otherwise the to do list keeps getting bigger and bigger and it makes the stress worse. Maybe plan out a week at a time and make a list of your goals to get done on each day. I found that's been helping me these last couple of weeks. 

event.png

#688 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

@perianjay it may not seem like a lot but 4 months is still a long time to get everything done. You're so ahead with your planning and everything you e done so far has matched your vision. You've found your dress and have taken care of unnecessary drama and stress in the form of Chester's groomsman. If you think if where you were 4 months ago, you've done more at hand you think you have.

As for weight loss, don't be hard on yourself. Summertime is actually a hard time to lose weight. Yes, we're more active but there are also more food festivals, bbq's, picnics and patio drinking. Plus, if you jump on the scale, it can be a false number since the heat will make you retain water like crazy! The scale jumped 5 lbs on me and I freaked out. My bootcamp instructor measured me and reassured me that it was all water weight. Whew. If you like, I can do a cleanse with you. I'm here for support

In case you need it, remember that I made a promise to you months ago....I'm here for you to vent to ☺
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#689 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

@TinkerSofi I definitely think me being stressed now has a lot to do with how much i've procrastinated my weight loss. I think I was expecting summer to be good for me with getting out more etc, but i've been countering it with lots of patio drinks and dinners with friends. Not exactly helping my wedding diet!

You're definitely right about my progress.. I do think that I tend to overthink it and I think I haven't done enough up to this point. I am excited for all of the stress to be gone and to just be laying on a beach. 

I'm definitely going to take your advice and start a checklist. I think it's time for that now :)

@Wafflesmom Thanks for being such a great friend. You're always there when I need support.You're so right about it being a hard time to lose weight. I thought it would be easier because we are really active in the summer, but like I said, i've definitely been countering that with all of the bad eating and social gatherings etc. 

I plan to start hot yoga again in the next week or so and continue that right up to the wedding. When I did hot yoga before, it really slimmed me down and got me in great shape.

Ps. I'm also here if and when you ever need me. Thank you for listening to my bantering and stressing.

You ladies are truly the best.

My planning thread :

#690 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

@perianjay You can do this. I know its stressful thinking of everything that needs to be done. I know I let my fitness slip when I got into the thick of wedding planning. Id rather do wedding stuff than workout, which is not like me. I'm normally a fitness addict but over the past 6 months I've also let it go. I'm doing a half marathon in a week and a half and normally I would be so prepared for a race but I'm so nervous this time. Once my race is over I'm going back to regular workouts, healthy diet and just balancing everything out. I also made a checklist with an app on my phone (I use it for everything from wedding checklist to grocery lists). It seems to help me every once in a while to go in there and see what else I have to do. Problem is everytime I open it I think of more things to add to it. But take a deep breath and know that you are on the right track! You can do this! :) 

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users