kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

@perianjay @calgarybride2015

Hey Ladies,

Ok I am just noticing this now on this thread and only signed on here after 3 weeks. :( I know I am horrible.

Anyway my experience on the eye lash extensions:

BEST THING EVER!!!
Seriously if I can afford to have this done all the time, I would. And if it didn't do long term damage to your real lashes. But that said if I ever am going to any big event, or an all inclusive holiday or anything, I will be getting them again.

Mine seems to have lasted me quite a while too. I took really good care of them making sure as to not rub my eyes, getting them drenched in water..etc. The lady that actually did my fill after said that they were in the best shape she has ever seen them after 4 weeks. I am so glad I got the extensions. It was a little annoying getting them put on just because I am not used to sitting still and having my eyes closed for a couple hours without napping. Having someone play around with the eyes is something I couldn't get used to. She could totally tell how jittery I was. I felt bad for her...haha

Anyway girls, don't worry about lashes falling off. Do your research to find someone with good reviews. I didn't have any of my real lashes fall off at all. Everything was still in tact. Unless you are getting them done constantly all year round, then I don't think you would have anything to worry about.

DO IT!!!! DO IT!!! you won't regret it and will be so happy with the outcome that your phones camera will be full of selfies after you get them done. (not that I am speaking from experience...ahem...lol)

Good luck and let me know how you do with it.

oh and another thing is if they don't give you that already, get a little spooly brush. I brushed my lashes faithfully every night and morning. This helps them from tangling or looking not so tidy and just come out gently.

Also would recommend getting an eye mask thingy for sleeping in. Just in case you rub your lashes throughout the night. The best one to get is the raised sleep masks you can get at Winner's or Marshals. That's where I got mine.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#662 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

@kcole123 haha!! I LOVE your response. It's just what I needed to hear (your phone will be full of selfies after.. YEP.)

I got them done on Saturday and I agree, it was SOOO weird sitting there for hours with my eyes shut. The woman that I went to has really great reviews and I found out about her through my friend's make-up artist.

I'm obsessed with how easy my mornings are now that I have them. I wish I could get them every month and not worry about damaging my real lashes. I've decided that I will probably leave them after this month and then go and get them again when it's time for the wedding. The lady told me to come the day before I leave and that I should be ok to swim with them on, but to just be careful with it.

How was your experience with them when you were at your DW? did you completely avoid swimming all together? I really love going in the ocean so I was a bit apprehensive, but this lady told me I should be fine.

Here's a photo of mine. I asked her to keep them very natural and 'fluffy' looking because they are just for everyday wear right now and I didn't want them to look too dramatic. She told me we will go a tad more dramatic for the wedding.

Attached File  IMG-20150725-WA0020.jpeg   96.25KB   9 downloads

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#663 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

@perianjay

They look awesome girl. I see you have been taking selfies. Aren't they just the best thing since sliced bread?

To be honest when it comes to me swimming, I usually avoid water getting on my face or in my eyes anyway. I know I am a weird swimmer, if you can even call me a swimmer. I panic if water gets in my eyes, so I did good avoiding that anyway. haha

Oh and here is a picture of that sleep mask I was telling you about. Get yourself one now and it will help from your eye lashes sitting next to you on your pillow in the morning. Nah won't be that drastic but I think it help save them and last longer.

Attached Files

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#664 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

They look great!!!
I had to laugh at your comment about your mornings being easier -- when I went to a 4 in 1 makeup (primer SPF concealer and powder) I felt like I cut my morning in half hahaha so I totally get it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#665 TNT2015

TNT2015
  • 43 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

They look so nice! I've been seriously considering these because I don't wear makeup ever (except eyeliner & lip gloss occasionally) so it'd be an easy way to be more dramatic. I tried on false lashes once but felt like I could see the line & they didn't curl as much as my regular lashes

Excellence Riviera Cancun - 12.12.15 - My Planning Thread

#666 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:06 AM

@perianjay your lashes look AMAZING! i have no experience in this area so i can't offer any advice but wow, they look great. i want to go get them right now just for fun!

#667 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

@kcole123 Thanks girl! I will check out that sleeping mask :)

@calgarybride2015 haha! Yes. It's so true. I love how much my routine has shortened now because I wear so much less makeup. I used to put on eyeliner and mascara, but now I don't bother with either because my eyes already look 'done up' when I get up. I am going to be sad when I actually have to do my makeup again.. haha

@TNT2015 haha! I have a hard time with the strip lashes because I just suck at putting them on, but when I did use them, I always used the ones with the clear band. They were much less noticeable ;) I get you with the lash curl. I have that too lol.

@ashhtayy Thank you!! This was my first time as well and now i'm in love with them.. I never want them to fall off haha. I got mine for fun (pretty much.. since the next time I get them will be the wedding). It was a great experience because now I know how much these are necessary for me for the week of the wedding. I'm definitely a crier at weddings so I know that they are going to be great.. plus.. I can lay outside all week with no makeup on and it will still look like I have mascara. I love that. Lazy girl hacks.

Edited by perianjay, 28 July 2015 - 04:52 AM.

My planning thread :

#668 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

@perianjay I had coffee with a girlfriend who gets lash extensions religiously. I asked her how her lashes hadn't fallen off by now and she said she gets the mink ones. They're lighter so less pressure on the lashes. Just a thought in case you'd like to get them regularly. You have naturally fantastic lashes though so you probably don't need them. Have I told you lately how jealous I am of your lashes? Lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#669 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:45 AM

@Wafflesmom aww!! I'm pretty sure mine are actually Mink too.. Not going to lie, I had to have my gf who speaks Cantonese there with me and she was translating haha. I may do a fill after this.. I actually decided to just see how they look in a few weeks. I have lost a few of them so far, but it's pretty much my own doing. I keep waking up and wanting to rub my eyes and then right as I start I remember and I stop haha. Also.. It's so hard taking my damn eyeliner off so I just stopped wearing it in the mornings.. I don't really need it anyway.

My planning thread :

#670 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

My problem was I kept "fixing" the lashes when it went crooked and ended up pulling them off. In hindsight, I'm most likely the big reason I had no lashes left! Lol And you definitely don't need eyeliner! Your eyes pop without it ;)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users