#631 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

@perianjay

Congrats on having a wedding date and especially one that is so significant to you. What a great way to incorporate and honour your grandmother. Will you celebrate 11/11 or 12/15 as your wedding anniversary? I want to celebrate using our Mexico date but Mike doesn’t agree. This is not an argument I plan on losing though, so I will update in my thread as we get closer to lol

I love how everything is coming along. Your vision has certainly inspired me. I am in love with your table runners and cake tablecloth. I was thinking gold for our wedding but after seeing yours in champagne I'm reconsidering. I have bookmarked your seller for future reference :) The votives are also adorable. I look at them every time I am at Michaels and haven’t let myself buy them yet. That may change this weekend. Any idea for table numbers yet? I hope I didn’t miss that in your thread.

Your wedding band looks great. I LOVE the idea of stacked bands. I already mentioned to Mike that I wouldn’t be mad at him if he bought me a one-year anniversary band and a band for each of our children when they are born lol

We’ve looked a few times at bands for Mike and initially he liked the black bands but when he got them on his hand he realized it was a bit much for him. We’ve looked at Michael Hill and they have a band he likes – I guess it’s a gun metal colour – very him! Excited to see what Chester picks. Also, thanks @Wafflesmom! Michael Hill told us you can’t resize tungsten but never mentioned the $50 trade-in option. That’s great! I’ll enquire more next time I’m at a mall.

Edited by ashhtayy, 22 July 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#632 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

@ashhtayy it was definitely a great incentive about paying just $50 if a different size is needed in the future! The sales associate was also really nice and took down my contact info. Since the ring was quite pricey, she told me she would call me when it goes on sale. Since we still have 6 months, if we end up buying Der's wedding ring from them, I'm hoping we'll at least get it on sale!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#633 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

@Wafflesmom so nice that she offered to call you! i mean, i guess it's a sale for her either way but it's helpful to know that she is keeping an eye out for you. they suggested we wait until Christmas because she said that is when they have the best sales. for us that works, for you i guess that may be too late?!

#634 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

@ashhtayy I guess it depends on how long it takes to get the ring in. Nowadays, Christmas sales start in November so maybe we can still take advantage We're actually meeting our jeweller this weekend to see if he can create a similar style ring with gold. He's a wholesale jeweller so his prices tend to be a lot more reasonable.

<p>event.png

#635 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

@Wafflesmom good luck!!

#636 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Thanks @ashhtayy! If he's really reasonable, I'll give you his contact info. Seeing that Mike has family in Vancouver, maybe you can take advantage of it too. I'll keep you posted!

<p>event.png

#637 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

@Wafflesmom ohhhh! that is an amazing idea - thank you! we are in coquitlam/vancouver area july 31st through august 8th. let me know how this weekend goes :)

#638 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

@ashhtayy Thanks!! Definitely bookmark the seller. It was the best price I found on table runners and believe me, I searched high and low everywhere.

I think you may just cave and get the mercury glass votive holders.. I mean c'mon.. Michaels 40% off!

We plan to use our Mexico date when we celebrate our anniversary since that is when we are exchanging our true vows :)

Love stacking bands so much. Who would complain about more rings anyway? Not me. haha 

I think Chester's ring will probably be a gun metal grey. I don't mind.. it's more modern and it will suit him.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#639 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

@perianjay

thanks for doing the research for me :) re: tablecloth and table runners

today and tomorrow - 40% off. that's likely where you'll find me tomorrow night. i'm on the road a lot for work and our stores are frequently situated next to or across the street from a michaels. the temptation kills me. today i had the self control to drive right by, tomorrow i may not be able to fight it haha

#640 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

Love the centerpieces. Also love the mixed mashed look :) very elegant.

I've been told tungsten can't be resized, it will just shatter.

Shawn was also very picky about the ring he got and he wanted something no one else had. We found this at Ben Moss and he loves it.
Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437612488.212818.jpg   239.73KB   9 downloads

I love your dainty rose gold ring. Gorgeous. I have the similar 'braiding' on my ring. Mine is also dainty and I love it :) I've thought about stacking mine as I wouldn't mind some more diamonds but not sure mine suits it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users