1321 replies to this topic

#621 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

@perianjay everything is really coming together! I love your centrepieces. Your reception is going to looks so romantic and dreamy. Can't wait to see the final product!

Chester sounds like Sean about his ring. He definitely likes the non traditional look as well and we've been looking on and off but he can't decide. I get it, he never wears jewelry so really needs to think about what he wants to wear. The upside of not going the traditional route is that it's a lot cheaper when you're not dealing with gold...haha! I've seen some really cool non traditional rings but some of them I'm worried about not holding up over time. Like ones made of a mix of metals and wood or metal and deer antler. 

I love dainty rings, my fingers are pretty short too so I'm also worried about "sausage fingers" LOL! I think your wedding band works perfectly, especially since you'll be doing stacking rings.  :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#622 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

@perianjay

haha Chester sounds just like my FI. He actually went rogue this week and ordered a carbon fiber ring off kickstarter. He is also getting a Tungsten Carbide ring thats more expensive and classy looking. Guys are so funny with rings. Know after hearing about the whole Jimmy Kimmel de-gloving fiasco kyle is paranoid and doesn't want a ring hahahaha.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#623 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

@snswedding2016 thank you!! I'm excited to see them come together as well.. it's honestly so hard to picture it sometimes and even when I set it up I still had to envision certain aspects that I didn't have in my possession to try it with (ie. my gold charger plates, REAL flowers haha etc) 

Glad i'm not alone when worrying about sausage fingers lol. Sometimes I even wish my engagement ring had a daintier band. I may even have my jeweler thin it out a bit.. I worry too much haha.

@snswedding2016 @yycbride2016 Guys are so funny sometimes. Chester isn't a jewelry wearer. .so I guess he wanted to ease into it with something super casual. I just wanted him to meet me halfway and I think he's agreed. I hope lol

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#624 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

@perianjay I love the decor changes! Everything looks so classy with the different votives and the beautiful table runners.

And I love your wedding band. I know you love rose gold so that's a perfect band for you. And stacking bands is a nice option.

Der and I have been looking at wedding bands too and we're going to get ours custom made. I just want to replicate the band on my e-ring and have that fit under the halo. Since my fingers are so small, I have had a hard time finding one that exactly matches it. As for Der, he fell in love with this tungsten one with diamonds. For a guy who complained about wearing a ring, he sure chose a pricey one! Lol We're just going to recreate it using some diamonds from his grandmother's ring so that should cut the cost down. We're so lucky she hoarded jewellery! Lol

And your list looks pretty manageable so keep enjoying the weather :) you're so organized too so you'll knock these tasks out in no time
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#625 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

@Wafflesmom Thanks!! :) I'm really glad that I got those runners.. I think they add a nice touch of glam to everything and it breaks up the blush tablecloth too.

I'm glad I found this little band and it will be good when I get the diamond band because it's really thin and dainty. It's pretty difficult for me to pair a band with my ring because it has the intricate "basket" under the diamond. Luckily this small beaded one fits with it pretty well.

Haha that's funny that he picked diamonds. I didn't know that you could alter Tungsten in any way. Our jeweler said we have to order the right size because it can't be resized. We are currently in the process of picking Chester's ring so hopefully that will be out of the way soon. 

My planning thread :

#626 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

@perianjay I'm not actually sure if you can manipulate tungsten, we're meeting our jeweller this Saturday and that's definitely a question I'm asking. The jeweller did recommend that if there's diamonds, he would prefer to have the ring set in gold since it's a stronger setting for diamonds. We did hear that you can't resize tungsten so if you need it resized, you'd have to order a whole new ring. We looked at Michael Hill Jewellers and they said that if you purchase a tungsten ring from them and need it resized, you can order the same ring in a different size for just $50. So that's not bad. I wonder what Chester will end up choosing

@yycbride2016, Ibsaw pics of Jimmy Kimmel's finger and that was so gross!

<p>event.png

#627 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

@Wafflesmom Wow that's an amazing deal with Michael Hill.. How much is the initial ring? 

Ok.. i'm googling this Jimmy Kimmel thing now hahaha @yycbride2016 @Wafflesmom

OH!! JIMMY FALLON!!!!! haha omg.. I just saw it and shrieked. @Wafflesmom @yycbride2016

My planning thread :

#628 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

@perianjay Haha yes sorry, it's Jimmy Fallon, not Kimmel.

As for the ring, the wedding bad Der wants is $2000. By getting it made, we're hoping it will be less than half the price. But to have a $2000 ring for $50? Why not! They probably want the other one back though but still not a bad deal.

<p>event.png

#629 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

@Wafflesmom That's a pretty good deal. Oh my goodness.. I can't unsee 'degloving' now. 

My planning thread :

#630 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

woops For some reason I always get those two mixed up @perianjay @Wafflesmom

Edited by yycbride2016, 22 July 2015 - 12:00 PM.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users