2015 Brides Planning Tips Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

#611 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

@perianjay I'm gonna say it again because it warrants a lot of compliments.....I love your engagement photos!!! You and Chester look so in love and you can really see that in these photos. I love the whimsical props you added, especially the balloons. I'm so glad you managed to fit them in Chester's car.....but how did you manage to get the dogs and the bike too??? LOL

I will absolutely second that!! They do warrant a lot of compliments!! They should be entered to a bridal magazine!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#612 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

@maybeoneday aww thank you!! :)

@Wafflesmom you are the sweetest. We had to take two cars.. hahaha.. one with Chester, his friend Rico and the balloons and one car with me, the dogs and my friend Karen. Our friends came along to help us with all of the props/dogs since we were alternating everything for photos/outfit changes etc. It was very elaborate. The bike was a big fluke, but ended up being one of my favourite parts. Karen and Rico's friend was biking down Harbourfront and offered to lend us her bike.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#613 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:02 AM

@acw271011 You ladies sure know how to make a girl feel good! You're all so sweet. :)

My planning thread :

#614 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

Love love love your engagement photos!!! You two are gorgeous together!  :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#615 racht33

racht33
  • 234 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 27, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

I love your engagement photos!!! Beautiful! 

57 Guest

#616 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

How fun and small world that your friend's friend was riding by!!  

It reminds me of a photoshoot from the movie 13 going on 30 (one of my favourite romantic comedies) with Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo.  It's so happy and pretty. :)

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#617 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

@racht33 @snswedding2016 thanks ladies!! :) :D

@veryvalentine omg.. I totally forgot about that. I love that movie!! Yes, it was so fun and whimsical which is exactly what we wanted. 

My planning thread :

#618 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Update! (FINALLY!)

It feels like forever since i've updated on my planning thread. My planning came to a bit of a stand still with the nice summer weather and being off from work for two weeks. I was trying to enjoy myself and not think too much about planning.

I have a lot of my planning done for the most part, but I still have some of those fun small details to plan.

There's quite a few to-do's that are left and mostly the ones that most brides procrastinate (like music playlists! haha)

-Acquire marriage license (Chester and I will be tying the knot in November 11 - the date has a ton of significance for me. It's the day that my grandmother passed. She always told me she wanted to see me get married. I have also always had this thing with 11:11. When I looked it up I read that it's a very spiritual number. So.. 11/11 it is!)

-Make a playlist - at least outline of one

-Download Wedding DJ app onto my iPad

-Make place cards

-Prepare Itineraries - I actually ordered itineraries from Vistaprint before I started designing my own stuff online. I've gotten 1000% better at creating digital files and I was really disappointed with the original ones I made. I created new templates for my welcome letter and itineraries and I will share a picture of them once I receive them from Vistaprint.

-Get in touch with my WC - I still have to pick our cocktail menu, breakfast menu for the morning after and a few other details.

-Put deposit down with Zuniga - I just signed the quote and secured my decor with them

-Skype with my Videographer/photographer - They would like to go over what we would like/our style etc.

-Pick out Chester's ring

I know there's a ton more to do that i'm missing, but these are just a few that I thought I would jot down so that they don't slip my mind again.

I finally finished my centrepieces and table layouts. I took a picture of how i'd like them to set it up, but the photo is missing a few other votive glass holders that I bought. I also bought a few beautiful (very muted colour) mint votive holders as well. I really wanted mismatched colour votives and also mixed metallics. I love that look. I really scoured stores to find unique ones because I also love different textures and styles.

Attached File  20150713_145244.jpg   69.36KB   8 downloads

Attached File  20150713_145247.jpg   121.99KB   8 downloads

Ps. I'm really really happy that I got these table runners. I'm obsessed with them. We also have a matching cake table all champagne sequins tablecloth.

Now the photos in this pic were just cheap fake flowers I had laying around. I'm going to have real ivory/white roses in the clear vases and then I will be adding in a bit of greenery (Lambs ear- artificial .. I've already purchased it, but super happy because it looks real) and I plan to also add a few cream coloured artificial berries as well. And yes.. if you noticed.. I did change my vase again. I decided to just stick to plain clear mason since I am going to have a lot going on with the votives and the sequins etc.

This is my inspiration photo

Attached File  Screenshot_2015-07-21-18-02-01.png   584.46KB   9 downloads

Lastly is my wedding band. We've gone a bit over our budget and I've also decided I don't really want anything to blingy or big because my engagement ring is blingy and big. I did wan't a rose gold band. I ordered a pure rose gold (beaded texure) band off of Etsy. For now I will use this band and after the wedding I may purchase a very very dainty rose gold band with micro pave stones in it. 

Attached File  20150616_202812.jpg   50.45KB   9 downloads

Attached File  20150616_202829.jpg   55.39KB   8 downloads

Oh.. also, I made this crown and I have no idea what to do with it anymore. I actually ordered some crowns off of Etsy already for the wedding/my bachelorette.

Attached File  20150622_101459.jpg   69.47KB   8 downloads

My planning thread :

#619 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

@perianjay

I love that you are doing your legal ceremony on November 11th! That is also the day my grandfather passed and if I could have, now thinking about it, I would have loved to do my legal ceremony on that date too. I’m sure it will make an emotional day extra special for you!

Thanks for the reminder on the wedding playlist! Yikes, haven’t even thought about it!

What is Zuinga? Sounds cool haha.

I love your centerpieces. They are very elegant but like diy rustic in a way. Not sure how to explain it but I love it! I love the mix matched look. I’ve done that for my AHR with lots of different types of vases and jars. The table runner is so pretty! I think your reception is going to be so elegant and romantic!

Love the wedding band too! It’s really cute! I’m hoping to go pick up mine this week. I thought I wanted a big blingy one to go with my big blingy engagement ring but after trying them on they took away from the beauty of the e-ring.  I went with a very small pave ring that is low profile (you wouldn’t belive how hard it is to find a low profile ring.) I have diamonds on the side of my e-ring and didn’t want to hide it. Will you add more rings like the stacked look as time goes on? I’m a fan of that look and with the ring you’ve picked I can totally see that working! Congrats!

Good luck looking for your FI ring. If he’s anything like mine it will amaze you how picky they can be haha. There is literally only 1 ring out of like 4 or 5 stores we went to that my FI liked. And to make matters worse, my dad just got a replacement ring and he almost bought the one Kyle wants. We are going to go buy Kyles ring soon too since it takes 6-8 weeks to order in.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#620 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

@yycbride2016 Aww thank you!! That's totally what I was going for.. kind of like a glam meets elegance/rustic haha a bit of everything.

What a coincidence that your grandpa passed then. It's definitely going to be special to me and emotional. I was extremely close with my grandmother.

I'm definitely planning on doing a stacking type of thing. The other band I want is a very thin rose gold with small diamonds. I didn't want to buy anything thick because my ER already has a pretty thick band and I don't have very long fingers. I thought it may give me that "sausage fingers" look if I went too big haha. So for now i'm going to wear the beaded one for the wedding and if we can afford it before the wedding, I will purchase the other one.

We have to order Chester's ring soon too. We are actually thinking of going the Tungsten Carbide route. He really likes that non traditional look (almost too non-traditional) He wanted carbon fibre and I flat out said no.. hahah. I know that sounds mean, but I want him to have a ring that is still a bit 'wedding' and not a ring that looks like an everyday ring. I think we are meeting halfway with something brushed and maybe a darker tone ..like dark grayish silver.

Zuniga is the decor company in Cancun (like LatinAsia etc). haha

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users