2015 Brides Planning Tips Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

#491 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

Going to check them out. I was looking at vows books but didn't see anything really jumped out at me. I like those and they're a beautiful keepsake!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#492 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

@acw271011 highly recommended! The price really wasn't bad either.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#493 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

@perianjay Love the hanger and the vow books - so cute!

Can I recommend another bridal store in addition to Felichia since you will already be in the area? I got my dress from Ferre Sposa (at Bloor and Ossington) and I can't recommend them enough. It's only a 5 min drive or 15-20 min walk from Felichia.

The people that work there are so helpful and friendly. They don't shove you out the door at the 1 hr mark of your appointment and never make you feel pressured into buying anything. Their dresses are more reasonably priced than a lot of other places too. 

Fingers crossed that you strike gold at Felichia, but just in case I thought you might want to consider this place too since it's so close  :)

event.png

#494 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:17 PM

@krystalball Aww thanks for the recommendation!! I really appreciate that :)

I will have to check it out while i'm in that area. There's a specific designer that i'm looking for that Felichia has, but I really won't know if I even like the dress until I try it on. We will see how it goes!

My planning thread :

#495 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

@perianjay your hangers turned out beautifully! I really like how the look, you a,are me more and more each day. I agree with @acw271011 you should definitely put those in your store!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#496 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

@perianjay Completely understand - Felichia was the first place that I looked because they carried Essence of Australia and I was hoping to find your dress there, lol

event.png

#497 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

I love the hanger, I think it's very original and it goes so well with the rest of your wedding. I agree with you, I just refused to spend so much on some hangers :)

The vows books are so cute. That store has some amazing ones. I still have no clue where I'll write mine down.

event.png

#498 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

@perianjay Love the hanger and the vow books - so cute!

Can I recommend another bridal store in addition to Felichia since you will already be in the area? I got my dress from Ferre Sposa (at Bloor and Ossington) and I can't recommend them enough. It's only a 5 min drive or 15-20 min walk from Felichia.

The people that work there are so helpful and friendly. They don't shove you out the door at the 1 hr mark of your appointment and never make you feel pressured into buying anything. Their dresses are more reasonably priced than a lot of other places too. 

Fingers crossed that you strike gold at Felichia, but just in case I thought you might want to consider this place too since it's so close  :)

@perianjay my girlfriend got her dress at Felichia last May and she loves it. Her final fitting is in a couple weeks. I shopped at Ferre Sposa too for my other girlfriend that is getting married and I agree, the prices were much more reasonable than Felichia. I had a slightly different experience than @krystalball in that at FS, although the girl helping us was really lovely, she didn't bring what my girlfriend wanted or what we picked; she 'secretly' kept pulling only plus size gowns that didn't fit her vision or her requests at all. Kind of frustrating for us that saw this happening but thankfully the bride didn't realize.

Obvs I LOVE the vow books. So adorable.

Great job on the hanger!

Good luck dress shopping; fingers crossed for you that you find 'the one'!

#499 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:10 PM

@Wafflesmom Aww thanks! :) I'm really happy with the way it looks. 

@TinkerSofi Thank you! Yea, I was thinking about that too.. which led me to the vows books! haha

@krystalball I hope I have a good experience there.. the specific line that i'm looking at is in the lower end of the price spectrum (Love Marley by Watters) We shall see...

@ashhtayy Ooo interesting. Only plus sized gowns?! Why would she do that. Eeek I hope that my experience goes well. I haven't gone 'typical dress shopping' yet, so i'm a bit nervous. I'm hoping that it boosts my confidence again after everything with my first dress.. I've been stressing about my dress situation for a while now.

My planning thread :

#500 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Wow - why would someone sabotage a bride's appointment like that? They could cost themselves a sale by doing it. Doesn't make any sense. I love the Essence line of dresses. They're gorgeous.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users