1321 replies to this topic

#381 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

@calgarybride2015 Oh no.. I completely understand what you mean!! lol That's exactly how I have felt put into words. It's nice to know that i'm not the only person who feels/felt this way. Weddings are so much pressure!!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#382 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

Ceremony

So i've completed all of my ceremony music and the draft of my ceremony script. Thought i'd share it with you ladies and get your thoughts..

Processional - Jack Johnson - Better Together

Walking down the aisle - Isreal K - Somewhere over the rainbow/wonderful world

Recessional - One Republic- Good Life (Starts when we kiss).

Toast song - U2 - Beautiful Day

I also plan to have some songs playing with the guests are getting seated/settled. I was thinking of using

Sara Barielles - I choose you (Also our cake cutting song)

Ellie Goulding - Love me like you do

As for the reception.. I still haven't figured out mine and Chester's first dance song yet. I really love Mr. Probz - Nothing really matters and I also really like Sam Smith - Latch (Acoustic), but we have decided to hold off on deciding for now. We still have 7 months and new music that we love even more could pop up by then.

My father daughter dance will be to John Mayer - Daughters.. I decided to do it a little differently. I had mine and Chester's DJ friend mix the ending of the song so that it phases into Stevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely. That song means a lot to my parents because my mom always tells the story of the day I was born and how it came on in the hospital when she was holding me. I've decided for that portion to run off, grab my mom and have a fun dance in the middle with my mom and dad. They will love it and I already know it's going to make them cry.

(dreading that.. because i'm an ugly crier)

Here's my ceremony script for now (may tweak it a bit, but haven't decided). I found a lot of scripts online and used parts of each and added a few things of my own..My brother will be the officiant. I'm really happy about this.

The Officiant's Opening Remarks 

“Please be seated.”

“On behalf of Perian and Chester, I welcome you and thank you for gathering here on this beautiful day to witness their marriage ceremony. The fact that you have traveled such a great distance to be here today is a testament to the amazing amount of love and support they have.”

“This beautiful setting should remind us that, like the ocean, human life is an ebb and flow- The life of the spirit and emotions- moves in cycles. To be in a relationship does not guarantee an eternal summer. To make a sincere and honest commitment does not promise, an end to all struggle. What a good relationship does offer, much like this ocean, is the opportunity for renewal. It recognizes the abiding, shared hope that after every fall and winter, spring and summer will come again.”

“The marriage between Perian and Chester does not mark the beginning of a new relationship; rather, it is an acknowledgement and celebration of a relationship that has been flourishing since they met.”

“I have also been asked by Perian and Chester to thank their parents for the wonderful lives they have given them, for the hard work and guidance they have provided, for their everlasting love, support, and encouragement. It is from them that they have learned the true meaning of love, friendship and family.
A special and respectful acknowledgement must also be made to those friends and family members who were unable to attend, or have passed on, but whose spirit remains alive and strong in all our hearts.”

The Charge to the Couple

“You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of "yes" to this moment of "yes," you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks — all those sentences that began with “When we’re married” and continued with “I will” and “you will” and “we will” — all those late night talks that included “someday” and “somehow” and “maybe” — and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding.”

(Short pause)

“The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “You know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed — well, I meant it all, every word.”

(Short pause)

Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another  — acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this is my husband, this is my wife.”

Huppah Explanation

“We are surrounded by a beautiful huppah. The huppah represents the home. Its four poles symbolize the four pillars upon which a strong marriage is built: family, friendship, love and respect. A shelter that is open on all sides we see an invitation and a sign of welcome to those we love. The huppah's delicate structure reminds those beneath it, that the only thing real about a home is the people in it, who love and who choose to be together as a family.”

HAND CEREMONY

“As an expression that you are joined together in love - will you please hold each other’s hands, so you may feel the gift that you are to each other.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind.

These are the hands that will wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children.

These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.”

The Exchange of Vows

*Perian and Chester to read their own vows*

The Ring Exchange

"Chester, as you place this ring on Perian’s finger, please repeat after me:

On this day…

(Echo)

I marry my best friend…
(Echo)

The one who shares my life, my love, and my dreams.

(Echo)

Perian, I give you this ring
as a symbol of my love and devotion.

(Echo)
I offer you my heart, my hand, and my love.

(echo)

I join my life with yours

(Echo)
To cherish and protect you as my wife.

(Echo)

With all that I am…
With all that I have…
I honor you as my wife forevermore."

(Echo)

"Perian, as you place this ring on Chester’s finger, please repeat after me:
On this day…

(Echo)
I marry my best friend…

(Echo)
The one who shares my life, my love, and my dreams.

(Echo)

Chester, I give you this ring

(Echo)
As a symbol of my love and devotion.

(Echo)
I offer you my heart, my hand, and my love.

(Echo)
I join my life with yours

(Echo)
To cherish and protect you as my husband.

(Echo)

With all that I am…

(Echo)
With all that I have…

(Echo)

I honor you as my husband forevermore."

(Echo)

Engagement ring

“The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now, the intention is realized and the promise is fulfilled. Chester, please place the engagement ring on Perian’s finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.”

The Pronouncement of Marriage

Perian and Chester, we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage.
We recognize and respect the vows you have made here this day
Before each one of us as a witness.

In the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today,
It is my honor and delight to declare you henceforth
To be husband and wife
You may seal your vows with a kiss

Song to play as we kiss.*One Republic – Good Life (cue at 00:50 seconds once we kiss and slowly transition music volume to go louder)

The Recessional

Bride and groom exit from ceremony space with wedding party to follow.

(Wedding party + Bride and groom to stay for toast before leaving for pictures)

**TOAST**

U2- Beautiful Day playing in the background

My planning thread :

#383 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

@perianjay, I love your ceremony script! It's very thoughtful and beautifully worded. I also love the song choices. I started tearing when I was reading the script!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#384 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

@Wafflesmom Thank you! I seriously have to hold back tears everytime I read it. Especially the hand ceremony part.. Everytime I read the "these are the hands that will tenderly hold your children" I start to tear up. I'm going to be a mess on my wedding day!!

My best friend read it today and cried.

My planning thread :

#385 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

I'm basically bawling reading your ceremony so nice.

I noticed that it mentioned that it is symbolic in the script, are you guests going to know that it is a symbolic ceremony?

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#386 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

@veryvalentine ya.. I'm not really saying otherwise I guess. Haha

My planning thread :

#387 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

We are keeping the symbolic on the down-low because some people may not understand our decision making process and judge...so as far as they know, it's not symbolic. 

I love the music that you chose for your ceremony.  I take the go train in to work and sometimes I play the ceremony line up as I'm sitting and I totally start tearing up.  You know the songs are good when you start crying on the go train just listening to them. hahahhahahaha  I'm gonna google your songs later  :)

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#388 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

@perianjay ok so I'm on the streetcar bawling in public now...thanks! Lol!

You ceremony script is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#389 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

@Meandhim omg hahaha. Sorry to laugh! I totally get it though.. the first time I read it all after piecing it together I was at work.. I was hiding behind my computer screen while I was starting to cry lol.

@veryvalentine Aww I know what you mean. We aren't openly telling everyone that it isn't legally binding, but we aren't keeping it either.

I do the same thing in my car on the way home from work!! haha sometimes I just start making my ugly crying face and it all comes out. The worst was the time I was at the gym in my condo.. one of my songs came on and I literally had to force back my tears and change the song. These songs make me so emotional when I actually think of the day and picture it in my head. Everytime I hear one republic - good life.. I now think about Chester and I walking down the aisle together and I get so emotional!!

My planning thread :

#390 krystalball

krystalball
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

@perianjay I'm at work and just skimming through the ceremony script is making me teary.

I've decided to stop reading before I look crazy at work and pick it up again when I get home tonight (where my FI will surely make fun of me for crying while reading someone else's wedding ceremony  :P)

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users