1321 replies to this topic

#351 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

@perianjay @Wafflesmom reading what you two plan to wear for your engagement photos makes me cringe about what we wore and when we did ours. We did them in January, in Ontario, in -22 degree weather...outside. The only thing I was thinking about then was staying somewhat warm.

Can couples do two engagement shoots or is that excessive? lol I love dressing up and I LOVE the tulle skirts I think both of you bought. We did the shoot so early so that we would remember "hey, we're getting married too" because my two best friends are getting married back to back weekends this summer and that has consumed a lot of my time.

I know I read the tulle skirt idea but can't remember the when or where. If you haven't posted, please do. If I missed it I'll go back and find it now :)

Thanks for inspiring me to deal hunt like crazy too. I have a tendency to just buy when I see something I like but when I see you get 60% off, etc it makes me realize I need to stop pulling the trigger so quickly and use all this time I have to my advantage.

#352 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

@perianjay @Wafflesmom reading what you two plan to wear for your engagement photos makes me cringe about what we wore and when we did ours. We did them in January, in Ontario, in -22 degree weather...outside. The only thing I was thinking about then was staying somewhat warm.

Can couples do two engagement shoots or is that excessive? lol I love dressing up and I LOVE the tulle skirts I think both of you bought. We did the shoot so early so that we would remember "hey, we're getting married too" because my two best friends are getting married back to back weekends this summer and that has consumed a lot of my time.

I know I read the tulle skirt idea but can't remember the when or where. If you haven't posted, please do. If I missed it I'll go back and find it now :)

Thanks for inspiring me to deal hunt like crazy too. I have a tendency to just buy when I see something I like but when I see you get 60% off, etc it makes me realize I need to stop pulling the trigger so quickly and use all this time I have to my advantage.

I think you could do as many engagement shoots as you want!   At the end of the day, they are photos of you, for you, so why would it matter? Cost would be the only thing I could think of!  It can get pricey depending on who you use!  I say go for it - this time around you can do it when it's nice out so you can have a different backdrop and style of photos!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#353 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

I'm loving all of the stationery. it all looks so professional :)

event.png

#354 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

@perianjay that crop top sounds perfect, what colour is it? I've tried crop tops with the skirt too because I think they look great with tulle skirts. However, I couldn't find any that didn't show skin I really wanted to wear these specific heels with the skirt so that's how I ended up deciding which top to wear lol I think that's a great idea to wait for more summer stock, they'll be coming out soon enough! I'll really need your opinion on my second outfit. I've bought three tops from H&M that will coordinate with what Derrick is wearing and will be worn with jeans. My first choice is the more casual of the three so I can wear my Toms since we'll be hiking to scenic locations. The other two won't go with Toms so I'd have to carry extra shoes with me. I'll send you pics today

@ashhtayy I love photos so I don't think there's a rule to how many photo sessions you want. It's whatever makes you happy, and like @calgarybride2015 said, the photos are for you. You can always use the winter ones for save the dates and your summer ones for framing and decorating your reception.

I have been tulle obsessed lately, I'm even wearing a tulle dress for my brother's wedding lol. And I think I'll be buying another skirt for my bridal shower. @perianjay and I bought our skirt from Space46 Boutique, we both bought online. Please note that they fit really small so buy a size up from what you normally wear. I bought a medium and it just fits. It's a struggle to zip it on a bloated day or during my time of the month (sorry TMI) so I strategically scheduled our engagement session for when I don't have my period lol. Space46 just had a one day sale that gas ended but I think their sister store, Skylarbelle Boutique is still having an online sale. That store has some tulle skirts but not the same stock as Space46.

And definitely wait for things to go on sale since we still have time on our hands. If things do go on sale that normally don't (I.e. Weddingchicks) definitely take advantage at that moment. For other things like Michaels, my advisor on this is @perianjay and she's always told me to wait for coupons
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#355 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

@ashhtayy You are brave girl!! I remember the temperatures in December and I was hiding in my parka that entire month. I don't think there's anything wrong with two engagement shoots.. especially if they are in two different seasons. :)

We purposely waited for summer because we knew we wanted to have summer style photos. We're going to be having ours done by Toronto Harbourfront and surrounding areas of downtown.

@Wafflesmom helped me find a great place for the tulle skirt since she had bought one from there previously.. "space 46 boutique" is the name. I bought the Wendy skirt in Blush.. It's the tea length. Like @Wafflesmom had mentioned, if you do get one from there.. make sure you buy it bigger than your regular size. They fit smaller.

I was honestly the exact same way as you, but probably worse. In general I am an impulse buyer and sometimes I really don't even care about the cost. Wedding planning has brought out my inner cheapo haha... I've been looking for deals so that I can make room in the budget for other things that we wanted (like a videographer).

It's really helped to be conscious of what i'm spending and looking for deals. I've saved a lot of money this way and i'm still getting the wedding of my dreams!

@TinkerSofi thank you! :) I feel very pleased with Vistaprint.. i've never had a bad experience with them.

@Wafflesmom The crop top is an ivory colour and it's got a scoop neck and capped sleeves. It's got a pattern embossed in it, but it's very subtle. I like it because it's long enough. I think i'm going to wear it, but we will see.. I'm such an indecisive person sometimes. haha.

I can't wait to see yours!! 

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#356 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

I'd love to see the crop top!! Love the idea of these skirts but wouldn't have a clue what shirt to pair with it. I'm fashion dense lol.

Our wedding also brought out my inner cheapo too!!! OMG but some things just aren't worth what people ask for them when they are for a wedding. Made me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#357 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

@calgarybride2015 I will post a picture of it once I get my skirt back. I'm having it dry cleaned/steamed :)

My planning thread :

#358 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

The life of an indecisive bride..

I shared my original ceremony dress with you ladies a little while back. Not sure if I gave you much background on it, but when I purchased it I bought it impulsively because it was a great price. However, the dress has never been my true size. It's a size eight and the designer calls it a 'street size 4'. I'm a size 8/really busty and it's much too small for me.

I purchased a second dress last week and after showing my family and closest friends they told me they actually liked my second dress a lot more than my original. I made the decision this weekend that i'm going to sell my mermaid gown (ahh I know!).

To be honest though.. I feel a bit of relief from this because I hated the pressure of trying to fit to something. I want to lose a bit of weight for the wedding, but I don't want to feel like i'm failing to lose it because the dress is half of my size (basically).

I really haven't decided if I will buy another gown or not. The one I ordered online is beautiful and i'd be more than happy with it as my ceremony dress as well. If I do, there is a dress i've been eyeing from the BHLDN website. We will see closer to the date..

If anyone is interested in a size 8 (fits size 4) mermaid Essense of Australia gown please let me know! I purchased it for $700+tax ($790 after tax) and I would like to sell it for the same amount as I never wore it (it's brand new) and it retails for $1900.00 in store. Pictures are in my planning thread.

My planning thread :

#359 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

I totally know what you mean and I'm glad that buying a new dress has resolved the issue for you. it's hard to let go of such an important purchase but i think you made the right choice :)

I'm personally wearing only one dress because I want to squeeze the juice out of it as much as i can haha

event.png

#360 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

@TinkerSofi I was actually starting to get upset over it and it's not the type of dress that fits you.. you have to fit it! haha if that makes any sense. There was no give/corset back.. It was just stressing me out too much to think that I wouldn't know if it fits me by the wedding or not. I didn't want to wait too long and then realize it was going to need all these alterations or maybe even adding a corset back (which I really didn't want).

I figured it's probably best to sell it before anyone has even worn it/any alterations have been done to it. It just wasn't meant to be and i'm fine with it now. It is such a beautiful dress though.. :(

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users