1321 replies to this topic

#141 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

@perianjay What a beautiful dress!!! And what a fantastic price!!! Nothing I like better than a great deal!!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#142 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:57 AM

That's awesome!!  It sounds like you are nearly there!  Do you already have your dress at home?  It's nice that you can try it on to see how you are progressing.  I don't get to try my dress on until April 28...so it really, really needs to fit by then.

:) 

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#143 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

@Meandhim haha, I know! It's one of my proudest accomplishments so far lol. I feel like it was fate because I was looking at this specific designer's dresses and loved so many of their designs.. and the one dress I loved just so happened to be an amazing deal and Essense of Australia.

@veryvalentine Yep! I walked out of the store with the sample size. Luckily my parent's are very close friends with someone who does dress alterations as well, so if I need any he will do them for me at no charge. I don't know if i'll need much.. I definitely don't need any length taken off.. it is a perfect length off the rack.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#144 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

@Meandhim haha, I know! It's one of my proudest accomplishments so far lol. I feel like it was fate because I was looking at this specific designer's dresses and loved so many of their designs.. and the one dress I loved just so happened to be an amazing deal and Essense of Australia.

@veryvalentine Yep! I walked out of the store with the sample size. Luckily my parent's are very close friends with someone who does dress alterations as well, so if I need any he will do them for me at no charge. I don't know if i'll need much.. I definitely don't need any length taken off.. it is a perfect length off the rack.

off the rack!! Family friend alterations!! My God! You are so Lucky!!!!

event.png

#145 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

@Meandhim well.. the size of the dress is a bit snug, but i'm losing weight to get the zipper up.. The only alterations I could think of needing is if there are certain areas that need to be tucked and also I want to add a bustle to the back of my dress since I have a train. I'm almost 5'9, so I definitely don't need any hem.. my feet actually peek through when I walk haha.

My planning thread :

#146 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

@perianjay

I would kill to be 5'9! My dress is a little to big for me right now and will be a lot to big if I lose any weight, so it has to be altered no matter what....also I'm 5'2....5'3 on a good day...lol! so it might have to be hemmed depending on the shoes. I'm also thinking of having the lining replace if it's not too much...its a really simple dress and it would be easy to do but I'm finding as soon as you say its a wedding dress the price for anything doubles! 

It's times like this I wish I lived closer to my parents...My mom used to make wedding dresses, so I know how easy it would be to fix mine compared to others so it kills me to see all the crazy prices. I'm still looking for a reasonable seamstress  / tailor in Toronto.

event.png

#147 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

@Meandhim haha.. ain't that the truth. The minute anything has the word "wedding" in it, everything sky rockets. How come you're adding an additional liner? 5'9 has its cons.. I can't wear any high shoes.. my FI is my height lol.

My planning thread :

#148 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

@perianjay

I'm finding my dress is kinda see through...the current lining is pretty thin...no matter what color the underwear you can see it...and if I wear none you can see my lady bits! lol! Not good! So I was thinking of having the lining replaced or a custom slip made.

Both my Parents are 5'10 and both my brothers are 6'0 so I have been dying to be tall forever! Plus I hate heals...lol! They look great but are totally dangerous! I'm always terrified I will break my neck and they hurt my feet!

event.png

#149 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

@Meandhim ohhh ya! lol.. I can see why you'd want to add a slip or a liner. Maybe a slip.. usually adding a liner to anything can get rather costly.

I am with you on high heels.. I have really small feet (so out of proportion with my body) and I feel like that is why i'm a clutz. I suck at heels so it's good that I don't often wear them haha

My planning thread :

#150 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

@Meandhim I'm 5'0", 5'1" if I add a high ponytail lol. So I'm glad I love heels. Wedding shoes us a bit of an issue right now as I would love heels (eyeing Badgley Mischka) for the terrace reception but would like barefoot sandals for the beach ceremony. Can't have both ways since my gown has to be altered to the longest. If I alter to accommodate the heels, I'm afraid it will be too long and I don't exactly want to step on my dress and fall during the walk down the aisle. Ugh, just the thought of that scares me!
@perianjay disregard my question regarding the robe, how did I miss this on your thread yesterday? Where in target did you find it (which section)? Such a great find!
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users