#1251 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

@perianjay

Wow! Love your bey dress - so pretty! And the shoes you wore! So tanned too. How much did you tan before you left? I want to start now seen as how we will only be there a couples days before our wedding and there won't be much time to sit and relax in the sun between appointments.

Looks like you and your group had a great time. All the photos so far have been amazing. Can't wait to see the rest.

Decor - it's so amazing to see everything you planned come together. Every little detail looked great. I especially love that chalkboard sign you did. That's such a beautiful photo with the sign up front and you and Chester in the back.

Flowers - beautiful! I emailed Bloom Bridal as per @snswedding2016 recommendations and sadly I haven't heard back (Christmas time, I get it) but I did hear back from Stemple Shop almost instantly. I sent them inspiration photos and Nathan got back to me with prices and photos within a few days. Current quote is $330 for my bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 4 wrist corsages, and 8 boutonnières. He sent another optional quote for small aisle bouquets at $15 each. I've picked blush and ivory peonies with lamb's ear and little tiny ivory flowers (not sure what they're called) and he included the jute ribbon which it looks like yours had too. You mentioned in a post you had wished your bridesmaid bouquets were a little bigger - my quote is for one bunch of Ivory peonies (6 full blooms and 2 buds) - is that what yours was too? Last question, did you use your bridesmaid bouquets as centrepieces?

Thanks for your support along the way. Hope you and your fam have a great Christmas!

#1252 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

aww thank you so much!! @ashhtayy 

I'd go with Stemple shop again and again and i'd recommend them 10x over. Nathan was an absolute doll through the entire process. 

That's an amazing price for everything too! I think Bloom bridal is much more expensive. If Peonies is what you like then I can definitely say that Stemple shop will deliver and you will like the quality too. Mine photographed really well and they held up extremely well in transit to Mexico. I packed them in my checked baggage and none of them got squished at all. 

I used my bouquet as my centrepiece on the head table and then I used my aisle runner flowers in the vases next to it (I had three mason jars on the head table). 

As for the bridesmaid bouquets.. we didn't end up using those at all (mine had a lot less blooms than what you're describing. I think my BM bouquets had two full blooms and a few buds - but it ended up looking perfectly fine once I added in my own lambs ear and greenery to them).

My centrepieces on the guest table were actually the Palace complimentary bouquet that they offer the bride. The gave me 20 roses in the colour of my choice so I just picked 20 ivory roses and I asked them to split them up amongst my guest tables. I gave my on-site coordinator some artificial lambs ear to put in with them and it turned out really cute. It was that cute 'rustic chic' look that I wanted. I also had a mini vase beside each centrepiece (hob nob pattern) and I had baby's breath in those (I brought dried up babys breath that I bought at michaels).

If you have any other questions just lemme know :)

I'm posting pics up soon and I have some pictures of the decor.

Attached File  A86A4477.jpg   62.4KB   9 downloads

Attached File  A86A4476.JPG   58.91KB   9 downloads

Attached File  A86A4475.JPG   70.61KB   9 downloads

Attached File  A86A4466.JPG   68.54KB   9 downloads

@ashhtayy

My bouquet wasn't in the vase on the head table yet in these pictures (I wasn't there yet).

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1253 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

@perianjay thanks so much for posting. I can totally see why you loved your chandelier - it's gorgeous!

Your wedding was picture perfect :)

I've been emailed back and forth with Nathan yesterday and today. I asked him to add some smaller flowers, like baby's breath, to the arrangements to add a little bit more substance to them. I know you did that yourself with the lambs ear but I just can't trust myself to do it :) I'm going to check Michael's out for some ideas for my guest tables. I'm thinking we could have has many as 8-9 so the bridesmaids bouquets won't cover them.

Hope your family had a great Christmas!

#1254 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hey Ladies,

I've finally uploaded most of my professionals to Facebook. I've made the album public so that you should be able to view it. 

https://www.facebook...=1&l=125a86bb30

Again, my photographer was Lancelotti Photography. Juan Carlos was great and we have received a lot of compliments on our photos.

If you are planning to use Juan Carlos (all future brides reading this).. I'd suggest that if you have any poses in mind, make sure that you tell him the DAY OF.. basically while he's shooting. I sent him a lot beforehand in an email, but he didn't really suggest any of them. 

In hindsight, I would have done a better job at letting him know which poses I liked as well since he was also open to my own style.

I would have also been better with scheduling photos with my mom beforehand.. that was my one regret. We got a bit rushed right before the ceremony and I missed out on those. I'm hoping our videographer captured it because she was in our room with us for a bit when Matias got there.

Video will be posted once I get it (roughly another month or so).

My planning thread :

#1255 Danielle1

Danielle1
  • 125 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

@perianjay I've already looked through your entire album - I love all of your pictures!! Your wedding was amazing. You are a gorgeous bride!!  I'm also still contemplating getting those robes... did you end up needing to hem them? I'm not great at sewing, and I know you had mentioned that you may hem them. They looked great!

#1256 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

@Danielle1 Aww thanks so much!! :) The robes were 100% worth it. They looked so cute and made my girls feel special. I'd definitely recommend them because they photograph really well too :)

You probably wouldn't need to hem them. I think I over-judged it a bit because they were actually quite short after I hemmed them lol. We all wore little shorts/camis underneath anyway.

My mom didn't hem her's and it was a good length still.

My planning thread :

#1257 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

@perianjay Perian your photos are beautiful. You looked gorgeous and Chester looked so handsome. I love how everything came together. Your dress, the guys outfits, the sparklers, your flowers, the robes, your decor...amazing. Your wedding should be featured in a DW guide/article/blog, etc.

Looks like your photographer captured your day perfectly. Cant wait to see the video!

#1258 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

@perianjay sorry I'm a little late but like you I had the wedding blues. It gets better...promise 😉

I just wanted to wish you both a wonderful and happy life together as husband and wife! You look so beautiful and happy in your photos xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

#1259 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

@perianjay your photos are so amazing. I'm going to try and show them to my fiancé this week. This makes me so excited to use Lancelotti next month for our wedding. All your hard work and planning really showed. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful right down to the smallest of details! You could be a wedding planner! I'm so happy for both you and Chester! These photos will be an amazing memory for you Both! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#1260 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:55 AM

@yycbride2016 Aww thanks so much! I'm really excited for you as well. Tell him I say Hi!! He was honestly the sweetest ever and he's totally open to your vision too. Like I mentioned before, if you have specific shots that you want, try to remember them the day of and tell him as he goes. He's great with requests since we had a few request shots (with my MOH etc).

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users