2015 Brides Planning Tips Cancun Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

#1231 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

@perianjay Love the photos! You're so lucky you got them so quickly! We're still waiting for ours!! You and Chester make a lovely couple!! How did you get the photos to upload? I tried and the size of them was too big to be accepted here so I haven't put any up!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1232 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

@acw271011 aww thanks! I was super surprised at how quick the turnaround is, but they do say a good photographer shouldn't have to do a lot of editing. Honestly I got about 2000 raw images and even those looked amazing. I looked at Lily's review after (she used lancelotti) and she also got hers a couple days later too. These photos that I posted here aren't even my edits, they are actually my raw files. My edits are on a bluray disc and I have an older macbook so it's not compatible. Chester has our edits on his computer so I have to upload those on here soon. 

Thank you for the compliments!! :)

I actually just re-sized them in iphoto to 20% of the size and then saved it. It was much smaller after and didn't crash when I tried to upload. When I tried to upload the original size before, it would crash this entire website everytime lol

ALSO! To all the ladies that messaged me before I posted my review. Thank you! You made me feel better.

@TinkerSofi @Wafflesmom @deecol @ashhtayy @snswedding2016 @calgarybride2015 @acw271011 @vancouverpetunia

It's definitely very challenging and I can't say I will be super active on here for a little while.. I do think I may need time to get over the wedding blues. I totally agree with you @TinkerSofi and I think it's a bit hard for me to sort through these feelings! I can't believe how bittersweet it is once it's all over. I feel like i'm on top of the world, but at the same time I feel so sad because planning this wedding and all of the anticipation was so amazing. I really do miss it all already and it's only been a week since the wedding. 

Edited by perianjay, 21 December 2015 - 12:49 PM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1233 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

your pictures look so good! I love them :) 

event.png

#1234 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

@TinkerSofi Aww thanks so much! I will post the edits soon

My planning thread :

#1235 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

I continue to be amazed by your photographer! I love all of his shots so far, and it's amazing that they're not edited at all.

Again congratulations! I am so happy for you and Chester. I love how happy you make each other and your love clearly shows in the photos. I'm so happy that everything turned out well for you, from the weather to Zaray, it all fell into place.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1236 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
  • 678 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

@perianjay  Your pictures are amazing!  I'm so happy for you.  @TinkerSofi I can totally relate with your words.  I'm glad you had an amazing wedding perian- all your creative genius has paid off!  Congrats xoxo

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#1237 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:55 AM

@perianjay

I'm so happy your wedding week was perfect :) Sounds like your on-site wedding coordinator was fabulous. It's amazing that she was able to put your mind at ease and execute just the way you had planned. I can't wait to see photos of your reception and how all your creative efforts looked on your big day.

Based on what we've seen your photographer was amazing! Love the shot of you and Chester dancing on the beach with your wedding party around you. I hadn't heard that before - a good photographer shouldn't have to edit all their pictures - couldn't be more true. And all your photos to you before you left? I'm blown away. Such a great "parting gift".

Congratulations again girl! My wishes for you are that your wedding blues pass ASAP and that you enjoy every minute of your 'new' life as husband and wife.

#1238 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

@ashhtayy Thanks girl! She really was. She made all of the stresses that my off-site coordinator caused me go away. 

I have some nice photos of my reception and I will definitely upload them here very soon. I finally loaded the edited photos onto my mac and now I just have to re-size them because they are way too large for this website.

Everyone LOVED my decor.. even my coordinator told me she was obsessed with the tablecloths. 

They looked beautiful with the sequins table runners too.. I had guests who wanted to buy the runners LOL. I told them that my decor is basically spoken for and plus I really wouldn't want to be selling runners in ones like that.

I think my favourite element of the decor was the light up chandelier that I rented for the head table. It looked absolutely STUNNING when we walked into the reception. It totally pulled my whole vintage/rustic meets classy look together.

I was also happy that I did the bamboo poles with lanterns as opposed to the hanging string lanterns. All of my guests had actually seen the strung lanterns a few days before, but they said that the pole style matched our wedding style better.

My planning thread :

#1239 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:26 AM

@perianjay so excited to see it all together! I've been eyeing a chandelier our resort rents but it's $300. Seems insane to pay that price but when I see the photos of it in other weddings I fall in love the idea all over again. Can't wait to see yours :)

Thanks for not selling the table runners to your guests ;) I'm hoping that's because they'll end up on our tables in Mexico :) Lets talk more when the timing is right.

So excited for all your pics :)

#1240 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

@ashhtayy I know! I spent about $300 on chandeliers as well. I rented one for the chuppah and I rented a light up one for the head table. I was a bit apprehensive because of the cost, but now i'm really happy that I did because it added a glam look that I wouldn't have had without it.

I am definitely holding onto everything for you! I will have everything professionally cleaned first too! (the perks of my parents owning a dry cleaners haha)

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users