1321 replies to this topic

#1221 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:55 AM

Welcome back beautiful!  Although I haven't experienced it myself yet, I can completely understand feeling wedding blues - especially with how amazing your week looked!  And like @ashhtayy said, at least you have Christmas to distract you for a bit!

We're all dying to hear reviews from you and see pics, so whenever you're ready, we are :)  

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#1222 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:49 AM

Hugs @perianjay Like @deecol said I haven't experienced it myself but I could see how a year long planning and anticipation buildup could affect all of us. But like everyone else said, you have a lot of wedding related things to do still. And on top of Christmas and the new year, I vaguely remember a trip to Paris ;)

Plus, if you're really feeling that depressed, when I get the chance to go to Toronto, perhaps we can all have a Friends moment and watch movies together while wearing our wedding dresses. Lol Who's in?
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1223 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:52 AM

hahaha omg @Wafflesmom I am so in for the wedding dress friends moment!  Honestly though if you came to Toronto that would be so amazing!!!

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#1224 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

Haha @deecol wouldn't a bdw friends moment be awesome? And my interim position may result in more travel, especially to Ottawa. It would be awesome if I can swing that into a night out with my bride friends ;)
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#1225 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:11 AM

@perianjay Big hugs to you!! I'm also anticipating the post wedding blues as I know they'll be coming on very soon for me too! When I was working in production, I used to get the post show blues after every show I worked on. It's hard but like everyone has mentioned Christmas will be a good distraction and of course your amazing upcoming honeymoon!

@Wafflesmom a BDW friends moment would be so awesome!!! :)

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#1226 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Welcome back and congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures :) 

I feel you on the wedding blues. I thought that us moving in together and getting our new house would be enough to keep those at bay, but they weren't haha. Even though I was excited for that, I still felt sad that the wedding planning was over. It was also so much fun that I wish I could do it all over again :). That's why I stayed away from the forums for a while, it actually made me more sad (sadder?) to see other weddings being planned and me with nothing to look forward to anymore :(. Every time I saw the photos or looked at the thank you cards I felt so sad that it was over. 

But anyways, those will soon pass and you'll be left with the amazing memories. I hope you're enjoying married life,  and I hope to hear reviews soon :D 

event.png

#1227 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

I'll second all the congrats and can't wait to read your review!!

@Wafflesmom that would be pretty cool to do a brides moment! I would love to see you all in your dresses!! And to meet you of course since Vancouver didn't work out! lol I ended up so sick after that trip!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#1228 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:52 AM

Beach Palace Wedding – Review

Well.. I can’t believe the time has come when I’m back home and writing this review.

The wedding week was perfect (a few small issues, but nothing related to the wedding itself..just some annoying family drama at times).

The resort

The resort was perfect. We chose Beach Palace because we had previously stayed at Moon Palace. The only issues we had with Moon Palace were that the resort was too big for our liking and that the Beach wasn’t the greatest. We took that into consideration, but knew we wanted to still stay at a Palace resort because we loved the service and amenities when we stayed at Moon. That’s what led us to Beach Palace. It has all of the same styling, same rooms.. it honestly felt like we were just at a smaller version of MP with the beach that we wanted too.

Any Palace resort is a smart decision..but maybe I’m biased :P

All of our guests RAVED about the resort the entire time. I felt so good about our choice and now I can say that I most definitely would choose the same resort 50x over.

My on-site coordinator – Zaray

What a beautiful person Zaray is. She was the light at the end of the tunnel for me. The whole wedding coordinator was a NIGHTMARE right up until I was assigned my on-site coordinator, Zaray. When we met with her and discussed our vision, I felt like I could 100% trust her to execute it. I brought down all of my décor and everything that I had brought and I was not let down the day of the wedding. It was perfect.

Zaray is sweet, calm and very understanding. I felt so fortunate to have been given her as my coordinator. Anyone who gets her will be extremely lucky and rest knowing that their wedding is in VERY good hands. One of the people that I miss the most from our trip is Zaray. I will always remember her amazing hospitality and her smiling face!

Vendors – Photography and Videography

Photography – Lancelotti Photography

What can I say about Juan Carlos? He was so great to have as our photographer. I cried on my last day because of him (happy tears).

He worked tirelessly the day of our wedding to ensure that we had all of the shots that we had asked him for. He was open to any suggestions that we had and he had some great ones as well.

The reason that we had chosen Lancelotti was because we felt that he was a bit of an underdog. His work is really nice and it’s the style of photography that Chester and I appreciated. We weren’t big fans of the ‘over contrasted/saturated/brightened photos’. We wanted more natural photos where the photographer used the lighting to their advantage. This is exactly what he did.

On the last day of our trip we were waiting for our bus for the airport. Juan Carlos came running into the resort to surprise me with our photos. He brought all of the raw images on two discs and then he edited about 250 and gave those to me on another disc. He told me to let him know if there were any other photos that we would like edited and that if there’s anything else we would like, just let him know.

He hugged me goodbye and I was overwhelmed with happy emotions.

I looked at our photos when we got home and they are perfect – exactly what I was expecting and hoped for. I will post some up soon. They are massive files so when I tried to the other day it started crashing my computer.

Videographer – Indigo Wedding

This was a no brainer for us. Matias’ work speaks for itself. We were sold once we went to his vimeo page and watched all his previous wedding videos. We really loved his cinematic style.

We decided on a videographer after originally not considering one at all. I am SOOOOOO GLAD that we did. If there is one piece of advice that I can give to any planning brides it’s that if you can fit a videographer into your budget...do it!

Matias and his assistant Naiara were amazing. They were both extremely personable and nice people. We barely noticed them the entire day because they were not intrusive at all. They really did their job well. We never felt like we had a camera following us.

He showed us a few of the shots that he took and they took my breath away.. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

He was also really understanding of my vision and what I wanted out of my video.. but he had his own tricks up his sleeve which I really liked. I think that our vision will work well together in the final video.

(Will post it here once it’s finished in 6 weeks or so)

The wedding day was honestly perfect. Everything was executed exactly how I expected it to be, the food was good (French buffet menu).

We rented audio equipment from PSAV and we used the wedding DJ app on the ipad for our music. It worked out perfectly. There was someone controlling the sound board so whenever there were speeches etc, he would turn it down and then turn the music back up after. It was really good.. we saved a lot of money and we didn’t notice the absence of a physical DJ.

All in all my week was perfect. I was really happy with our resort selection, how the wedding turned out and everything else. A lot of new friendships were made and we all had a TON of fun together. It made me SO happy that we chose to do a destination wedding because it was exactly what we wanted and more.

It made it really hard for the whole group when we were going home. We were all very sad to leave on such a high.

Attached File  A86A4429 resized.JPG   104.55KB   9 downloads

Attached File  A86A4455 resized.JPG   110.27KB   9 downloads

Attached File  HT8A4504 resized.JPG   61.34KB   9 downloads

Attached File  HT8A4560 2 resized.JPG   48.18KB   9 downloads

Attached File  HT8A4646 resized.JPG   39.58KB   9 downloads

Attached File  HT8A4676 2 resized.JPG   70.2KB   9 downloads

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#1229 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

Omg @perianjay what gorgeous photos! :wub:   I'm so happy to hear your week went so well!  The love you two have for each other is so evident in these photos, you both look so genuinely happy  :)

I can't wait to hear more about your week, and see you soon at a GTA meet-up!

Promise you'll pop in from time-to-time - I need your opinions!!!  :P

Edited by deecol, 21 December 2015 - 12:01 PM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#1230 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Omg @perianjay your wedding looks and sounds like it was the time of your life! I'm so happy that everything turned out exactly as you had planned! This review has got me so much more excited for my own wedding day (minus post wedding blues). I'm sorry you are experiencing that. Your photos look so stunning! I can't wait to see more and aww your video! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Planning Tips, Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users