Photo

Boarding Pass Invites...Corner Cutters HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
    FI came up with a trick for getting the inner cut perfect --- we used the corner cutter for the outside of the 4 corners - then take the boarding pass and gently fold the stub over (but do not press it into a full fold - just lightly so that you can make that a fake corner for enough time to use the corner cutter) then use the corner cutter on the 'inside corner' - does this make sense?

also - make sure to do this BEFORE perforating or they will snap off!
    You are too smart, I would never have thought of that. Great thinking.

#22 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

i love the boarding passes! i've been trying to do my STD cards as well..

#23 coreyphil

coreyphil
      • 497 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:38 AM

I didn't see an actual picture - so maybe this will help:

Click the image to open in full size.

I bought it all at Michael's - the paper cutter is the Cutterpede with one attachment for perforating and one for scoring (which - I didn't know before this project, but just creates a crease so the paper folds and makes a sharp line).

The paper cutter is the black thing - I found mine on all same aisle as all the paper hole punches that are in shapes ... which I overlooked it twice which is easy to do among all the hearts, flowers, stars, etc.

I'm completely impressed w/ the trick on cutting the inner corners - I skipped that part and opted for easy! :)

Here's a pic of my finished STD's:

Oh - and for the paper - I found that printing on card stock worked best for my printer. I tried a few on heavy bristol and on fine art paper, too. The bristol made them too bulky (we had 3 actual "passes" in each STD) and the ink tended to bleed on the art paper. That's just what worked for me - which I was happy with because it was cheaper! :)

Hope it helps! Good luck - and I can't wait to see them!

Ohhh ... and check you paper for Michael's coupons ... they had both a 50% off and a 40% off single items in last week's Sunday edition ... you had to use them separately, but that's not hard to do! :)

#24 coreyphil

coreyphil
        • 497 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

Ooops ... sorry the pic is so big ...

#25 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:19 AM

Do you reccommend printing your own or taking them to Kinkos? Approximately what is the cost? What about Staples would they be able to do the same thing? I bought a pack of card stock for practice (at Walmart) but it is matte, do they have it a little glossy? Tried one and printed it out at home but it doesn't look so hot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users