19 replies to this topic

#11 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

@Wafflesmom Oh that's awesome then!! I don't really understand why mine is more difficult to accomodate.. there are literally SO MANY places I could see them hanging the structure on the sky deck.

That's awesome about the vendor fee. Which photographer are you going with??

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#12 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
  • 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

@Wafflesmom Oh that's awesome then!! I don't really understand why mine is more difficult to accomodate.. there are literally SO MANY places I could see them hanging the structure on the sky deck.

That's awesome about the vendor fee. Which photographer are you going with??

That is weird. Have you spoken to other Beach Palace brides about this to see if they were charged? If you haven't already found it and are on facebook, there's a really good forum for Palace and Hard Rock brides. I've seen a fee Beach Palace brides use the string lighting. It would be interesting to see if they were charged.

The sky deck looks amazing! It's nice and private and just very picturesque :)

My palace wedding coordinator was actually the one who gave me a heads up about the change in vendor fees so she made a note to keep the old one for me. We're going with Samuel Luna, his style is so artistic! I love Lancelotti's style too.
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#13 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

That is weird. Have you spoken to other Beach Palace brides about this to see if they were charged? If you haven't already found it and are on facebook, there's a really good forum for Palace and Hard Rock brides. I've seen a fee Beach Palace brides use the string lighting. It would be interesting to see if they were charged.

The sky deck looks amazing! It's nice and private and just very picturesque :)

My palace wedding coordinator was actually the one who gave me a heads up about the change in vendor fees so she made a note to keep the old one for me. We're going with Samuel Luna, his style is so artistic! I love Lancelotti's style too.

Yea, there was another bride who was charged for the hanging of the lights. I'm probably going to have no way out of it, but at least I found out about it now! I am also looking into other options as well. I really love the standing chandeliers that LatinAsia offers. They look like they actually give off much more lighting than the lanterns because I'm afraid those lanterns aren't going to do much for actual brightness.. maybe just more of a light ambiance lighting. Which is totally great and will photograph well, but after speaking with another bride.. it sounds like you need a lot of them for the affect.

Samuel Luna is really nice as well! I was also looking into them - great choice!! :)

Edited by perianjay, 07 February 2015 - 05:54 AM.

My planning thread :

#14 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hola all you planning wedding couples :) yes, the way things work down here is somewhat different - in terms of changes in resort policies, etc. 

We've recently implemented a price break regarding outside vendor fees for couples hiring us for their wedding photography because we understand how quickly things add up with wedding plans! 

We also recommend that wedding couples get their resort's latest outside vendor fee requirements from their wedding coordinators - to ensure they're working with the latest information. 

Wishing everyone happy research and all the best with their plans - cheers! team MTM :)

...here are a few magical wedding moments that matter to leave you with some added inspiration.....enjoy :)

1557351_10152516887594487_66183198573529

10547793_10152659788774487_7048187345948

10397270_10152522907274487_1277997771427

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#15 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

Hey ladies. you need to check out tygrlily's planning thread. she just got married on Dec 19th at beach palace and she has a fabulous thread!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#16 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

Hey ladies. you need to check out tygrlily's planning thread. she just got married on Dec 19th at beach palace and see has a fabulous thread!!

Thanks! I have :)

My planning thread :

#17 Danielle1

Danielle1
    • 125 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

@perianjay hi! I realize I'm pretty late to this thread - I was just searching to see if there were any other beach palace threads out there and found this one.  I just wanted to let you know that I am also having my reception on the sky bar terrace, and Grupo Gama is not charging me an extra set up fee for lights!  Latinasia was going to charge me for only one side ($299 instead of $499), but I've heard from other brides that they weren't charged by Latinasia at all.  If you are still being charged $499 for setup, you may want to mention that!

#18 DianaSRZ

DianaSRZ
    • 10 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 27, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:40 PM

@Wafflesmom hi and congrats on your wedding! 

We're also having our cocktail hour at Tucan Garden and reception at Tucan Terrace. 

I'm a little concerned about the lighting for the reception (planning for 6 pm - 10 pm).

What type of lighting are you planning to use? 

I'm debating between getting a DJ package with the LED lights since the terrace has the light poles. I may also get Chinese lanterns if Gama gives us a good deal :) 

Thanks 

D

#19 Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom
    • 948 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
    • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

@DianaSRZ I really wanted a lot of lights so I've rented 4 strings of paper lanterns from LatinAsia, booked the lights and DJ package from PSAV, and our tall centrepieces also have led lights! Our reception will also be for 6-10 pm.

How is your planning coming along?
    My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

<p>event.png

#20 DianaSRZ

DianaSRZ
    • 10 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 27, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

@Wafflesmom not bad at all! I just wish I was able to see an actual wedding at this location to have a better idea!

I was planning to only add 2 strings of Chinese lanterns but know I'm not sure :mellow: ! decisions! decisions! 

We're bringing our own centerpieces (very simple ivory kissing balls with submersible led lights and a few more LED tea lights around the table. 

So far I received only an estimate from Gama and I need to check out the prices from the other approved vendors.

Once I get this information, I'll feel a lot better! What about you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, Beach Weddings, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users