Newbie Here! Average Mexico Wedding Costs?

AliciaW

And just traveling with friends and family rocks. People can't stop talking about it on FB. People made new friends for life. It's almost like a once in a lifetime to be able to do that - wedding is the excuse - and I am sooooooo glad we did it!!!! Tearing up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so good to hear that even after you come back people are still talking about it :D

It's so good to hear that even after you come back people are still talking about it :D

Yes!!! And lots of us are planning a summer trip to kelowna together. Some of us even got concert tickets together (imagine dragons). We just loved so much how well we all clicked and how much fun we had!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know! I don't mean to get off topic but I am sure  Calgarybride 2015 you are tearing up, what a once in a lifetime memory.

My 71 year old dad who hasn't left the USA since he arrived at Ellis Island on a ship from Greece is coming! Didn't think he could, but he is!  I can not wait to be witness to him throwing a pole in the water and fishing and relaxing with us on a vacation together with us. Its going to be a great time and I know it will enjoy just as I am sure all of you will.

Congrats everyone..

That will be so nice for him! I'm waiting for the same with my future father in law, he hasn't taken time off in years, since my fiance and his sisters were kids. I'm really excited to see him relax for a while :D

PS: @@calgarybride2015 it seems that we always get off topic on formus hahah. No wonder my brain is a mess of ideas :P

Cheers to all of us!! 

• Like 2

I posted this on a similar thread but here is our rough estimate...

We are at about $8500 right now, not including our ten day trip. We have 27 guests as of right now (including bride and groom). Here's a summary of some of the bigger things our price includes, whether we added them or they were included in our package:

- Private welcome dinner (four courses and open bar for two hours)

- Ceremony (including officiant, flowers, sound system...)

- Cocktail hour with 8 different types of passed hors d'oeuvres and a caribbean trio/band

- 4 hour reception with five course meal (steak and lobster) and open bar

- DJ during reception (4 hours)

- Private fire and percussion show on the beach (before reception - 45 mins)

- Outside photog for six hours & outside vendor fee for photog

- Purchase of custom maracas, paper fans and papel picado from a company in Mexico

We did get $850 off of our wedding package because of the room category we booked. Realistically, we are probably closer to $10k because we didn't really keep track of a budget on OOT bags, various other decoration items we bought and are bringing, paper goods (e.g. menus, invites), etc. Also, this doesn't include my dresses, rings, jewelry, etc.. This is really just "day of"/resort stuff, if that makes sense.

If I had to estimate/guess how much everything is costing, including our trip/honeymoon, rings (wedding bands), dresses, gifts, other accessories, it's probably somewhere between $22k - $25k.

Edited by JenniferH114

• 3 weeks later...

I think we're at around $9000-10,000 for the wedding and receptoin at the Riu in Cancun.  The package (for 40 guests) is $3000, the DJ is $2000 and a private reception including dinner and open bar is $50 per person.

Then just have to factor in the photographer and hair/makeup.  I'm hoping we won't go over $10,000, although I am very grateful my parents are helping us!

@@AliciaW Congratulations! A wedding can be expensive or affordable anywhere you decide to get married. A misconception that I've come to realize that having a wedding in Mexico is going to be cheaper. Definitely not true. Especially when you start to add up extras and if you have more than 15 or 20 guests (the average covered in a wedding package), the price adds up very quickly.

Also depending on when you want your wedding – if you decide to come during the high season you should expect to pay more but have a really good chance at good weather. Versus the low season, the fall, prices will be cheaper but there's a higher chance that you'll have rain on your wedding day.

I would definitely get a travel agent to start. They can give you some great recommendations on hotels. Also start thinking about the kind of hotel you want and the size of your wedding. All-inclusive like dreams, palace, Iberostars, Barcelo vs non AI like Rosewood/Banyan tree mayakoba. Adults only or family friendly? Church ceremony or beach? What is important to you – a good night life such as in downtown Cancun or Playa del Carmen, more rustic Mexico like Tulum, a good beach? Also think about distance from the airport. A hotel in Cancun is a 10 minute drive, versus the Barcelo complex is an hour and a half south and Tulum even farther.

In my opinion, choosing the resort is the most stressful part. After that, it's all fun :-) good luck and don't hesitate with any questions!

We're paying $2800 for the ceremony and coctail reception for 20 people (we may end up with as many as 30, but it's only $25 extra per person).  That includes a dinner reception in one of the restaurants, but we're going to pay the extra $1350 to have a private 4-hour reception.  The photographer and videographer are going to cost $3500.  The DJ will be $1000.  The bloot test, apostille, and certificate translation will be $330.

We don't get to choose our upgrade options (or even know what they are yet) until May, so that may add some on, but so far, we're just shy of $9,000.

Oh, and we're going to be at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, which is in Riviera Maya about 30 minutes south of Cancun.