Hi! Costa Rica, Anyone?

Soon2BeMrsGomez

Hi Brides! I am really excited about this site, planning/decision making has been terribly stressful for me, I swear it invades my dreams every single night! 

My fiancé and I were undecided between Costa Rica and Cabo, but I really fell in love with Nayara Hotel Spa & Garden in Costa Rica. Has anyone been here? Or Costa Rica in general? Any insight, tips, and/or advice would greatly be appreciated!

• Moderators

Hi there! Welcome to the BDW Forum, this is a great resource as you plan your wedding day :)

I've never been to Costa Rica before but have always heard nothing but amazing things! I have been to Cabo several times and yes, it's a gorgeous incredible place to get married. I always think brides should follow their heart ~ get married in the place that calls you but is also the best fit for you and your guests.

Definitely utilize the search box at the top of the site and you'll be able to find more info on Costa Rica and brides who have gotten married there in the past. Another good option is to contact one of the forum's travel agents -- they can give you a ton of guidance and tips. If you want to get some ideas of pricing, you might want to try one of the BDW Travel Agents.  They Specialize in Destination weddings.  You can contact them HERE!

Best of luck on this journey ~ whichever place you choose, it will be AMAZING because destination weddings are always the best  ;)

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome to the site! @@MarieSamSanchezPhoto is exactly right. This site has a ton of information that will help you on your planning journey. Definitely take a look through the forums for past and current brides that have travelled to Costa Rica. And Wright Travel is absolutely another fabulous resource for travel assistance that will take the stress off of you and provide assistance to your guests.

My husband I have been investigating Costa Rica as the place we want to retire to and everything we've found out is wonderful. I think it would be a gorgeous place to get married!

Good luck and happy planning!

• Like 1

My sister was married in Costa Rica is 2012 and everyone who came had a blast - it was truly magical. 

Costa Rica is an incredibly beautiful and romantic location.  But it is what is commonly referred to as " hard adventure travel" because it does not yet have the infrastructure to support large scale tourism.  This is good in one way because the habitats remain natural and visitors get to experience animals and scenery that is unlike anything anywhere in the US.  However, it also means that all aspects of a Destination Wedding or vacation need to be carefully planned. Guests need to be properly prepared for what they will encounter and travel arrangements need to be thoroughly planned in order that guests not require a vehicle.  The roads to Arenal pass through some rural areas and mountain towns.  Roads are often not paved and frequently washed out with heavy rain. GPS is not reliable even when it appears there is a signal. So as long as everyone knows they are embarking on a true adventure and is up for it, you will have an amazing wedding there.

The seasons there are primarily distinguished by the amount of rainfall.  I don't know if your date is set but that is something you will want to consider.  

The "Ticos" (Costa Ricans) are wonderful, kind and gracious people.  

You can't beat the backdrop of Arenal Volcano - when you can see it.  It disappears often behind a shroud of clouds then magically re-appears just as quickly.

So careful planning and a sense of wonder matched by a sense of humor will serve you well as you embark on this adventure!

Have fun!

• Like 2

Thank you Ladies so much, I really appreciate the info and will look into it all. @@TAkathy, what month was your sister's wedding? Oh, and we won't have to worry about guests, we're eloping :) .  We're having a small church wedding for family and friends when we return though. I'm really excited! We're thinking Nov. but I am a little worried about weather for that time of year, thinking maybe we should push it back to early next year 2016.

July 20 - "green" (rainy) season  We had a contingency Plan B and did need to utilize it but although we had some partly cloudy days and also some rain, everyone did everything (and more) and all 42 guests raved about the entire trip.

Her wedding was in Manuel Antonio - Central Pacific Coast in the vicinity of Manuel Antonio National Park and Rain Forest.

Arenal is inland and north east of Manuel Antonio - about 3 hours away but still subject to rain during rainy season.

You've gotta have a Plan B for any tropical location wedding.

Can check www.costa-rica-guide.com for weather-related information.

The green season is less expensive and the high season (Jan - Mar) is much pricier because it is drier.

Welcome to the forum, and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding, Soon2BeMrsGomez!!! you'll find lots of resources here to help with your planning decisions and relieve some stress, so Well Done :)

Here are a few picturesque wedding "moments that matter" to inspire you further with our incomparable Mayan Riviera magic......enjoy :)

1654018_10152168341559487_765040290_n.jp

1618120_10152265848279487_1607472971_o.j

620804_10152024721259487_1183514879_o.jp

Wishing you happy planning - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter