Boarding Pass Invitation Wording - Need Advice!

Hey ladies!

I have a wording dilemma.  We recently booked our resort and I'm working on DIY Boarding Pass invitations.  We've decided to scrap STDs because we've told most people either verbally or via email and STDs would be a little redundant.  Instead I'm just going to send invitations nice and early and then do a follow up reminder mailer in a few months.

The problem is I can't decide on wording!  As background, this will be my second wedding and FI is not big on the typical wedding traditions, so we're paying for the whole thing ourselves, we aren't having a wedding party, neither of us are religious, we aren't doing bouquet/garter toss, and we're not doing a cake cutting, etc.  The theme of the wedding is "stress-free" and we're keeping everything very relaxed and casual.  

With that said, I obviously don't want the typical "Mr. & Mrs. F invite you to the marriage of their daughter yadda yadda yadda" (we're also both in our thirties and have been living together for 6 years, so I think it would be a little strange for my parents to be giving me away now, lol).

The draft STD just said "Pack a bag and save the date, Sarah and Rob are getting married!" and I'm wondering if that's too casual or tacky for the invitation.  I was thinking of just changing it to "Pack a bag and get ready to celebrate" or "Pack a bag and meet us in paradise" or something to that effect.

Thoughts?  Has anyone else gone with casual wording?  I would love some input or examples of what others have done!

Also, am I the only psycho who is teaching herself photoshop for this endeavor? Haha

post-277873-142299214875_thumb.jpg

I like 'pack your bags and get ready for paradise'. I attached mine above - I hope you can see it :) mine was casual as well. We had a relaxed style / non formal wedding as well.

I did my boarding pass in word as that is where the free template was made but publisher is way easier to use and I used it for later projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the "invite you to share with them..." part.  Has such a nice, intimate feel to it.

Were you able to purchase publisher separately?  I have a student version of office that I bought while I was in law school, but it only has word, excel, onenote, and powerpoint, and I really don't feel like shelling out $500 for office pro, haha.  If I could get it separately I would for sure go that route!  Word is infuriating to try and do this type of stuff and Photoshop is just... too much.

@pykx82 - We went with informal and loved how our STDs and invites turned out. We ordered them through CourtneyJonesDesign on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CourtneyJonesDesign

Save the Date

Invitation

RSVP

Edited by JenniferH114
  • Like 2

I like the "invite you to share with them..." part.  Has such a nice, intimate feel to it.

Were you able to purchase publisher separately?  I have a student version of office that I bought while I was in law school, but it only has word, excel, onenote, and powerpoint, and I really don't feel like shelling out $500 for office pro, haha.  If I could get it separately I would for sure go that route!  Word is infuriating to try and do this type of stuff and Photoshop is just... too much.

I hate to admit this LOL

Last March I wanted to update my resume so I ordered Microsoft per month thru their webpage. I was paying $10.50. Had totally planned to cancel it, then I got engaged and needed it. I have been paying $10.50 per month for almost a year and totally could have just bought it out right haha!

Maybe rent the whole program per month like me until your wedding is over?  Publisher is WAY easier to use than word. I made my wedding day timeline in publisher.

@@JenniferH114 Those look fantastic!  So adorable.

@@calgarybride2015 Hmmm, the month to month isn't a bad idea!  I would only need it until I ordered my invites, and maybe the pre-travel mailer.  You're a genius!

Edited by pykx82
  • Like 1

I absolutely love the "pack a bag and get ready for paradise" or pack a bag and come celebrate with us" idea. That totally works if you want informal! I just might use something like that!