Any Large Wedding Recommendations?

2016 Brides Beach Weddings Budgeting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaBe

JessicaBe
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new here and am in need of your wisdom!

We're expecting 60+ guests at our wedding and are looking at Cancun/Mayan Riviera. We're on a super tight budget since we'll be paying for my fiances parents to attend plus 1 flight from south america. 

Can anyone recommend a resort for a larger group that has fewer extra costs? 

Most of the resorts I've looked at charge for guests above 20 ppl which is fine, but we're looking for a resort with a lower fee pp or an inclusive semi-private reception for a large group. We can't afford to pay $50-85 pp plus open bar, tables, chairs, decor etc.

Please let me know if you've encountered any resorts that might work for our tight budget!

Many thanks!

Jessica

#2 Msmimi

Msmimi
    • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

There are some great resort reviews to look at. Congratulations.

#3 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

The resort I got married at 2 weeks ago was really good, especially for price.

They have a lot of different wedding packages to choose from and their upgrades and add-ons aren't super costly!  I was very impressed at the quality of everything and the service provided was fantastic.   

It's the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya  or the Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach.

2 resorts on one, but you have access to all services.  The Mayan Beach side has the oceanview rooms so it may be more pricey from that perspective.

If you look at the resort and think you may be interested let me know and I can give you tonnes of info on it!

I had 45 people. I upgraded to the private palapa for ceremony and reception. Extended it by 4 hours, had the DJ for 6 hours, cocktail hour, mariachi band, golf cart service, tonnes of extra flowers, etc.  Also had a hair trial, then hair/makeup on my wedding day and after deposit I paid around $5000 Canadian.

Edit: I should add that my resort's packages included 10 people. With the upgraded to the palapa I had to pay per person (noone was included). I choose the buffet and that was about $32 per person.

If you want to use an A'la Carte it includes the 10 people and prices vary for each person over and above depending what menu you want.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 02 February 2015 - 04:44 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new here and am in need of your wisdom!

We're expecting 60+ guests at our wedding and are looking at Cancun/Mayan Riviera. We're on a super tight budget since we'll be paying for my fiances parents to attend plus 1 flight from south america. 

Can anyone recommend a resort for a larger group that has fewer extra costs? 

Most of the resorts I've looked at charge for guests above 20 ppl which is fine, but we're looking for a resort with a lower fee pp or an inclusive semi-private reception for a large group. We can't afford to pay $50-85 pp plus open bar, tables, chairs, decor etc.

Please let me know if you've encountered any resorts that might work for our tight budget!

Many thanks!

Jessica

Hey Jessica,

Other options is Hacienda Tres Rios,

The hotel is located 30 minutes from Cancun airport.it is an all inclusive and family friendly 

In the hotel you can have the reception and ceremony in many places, such as:
        • Pier
        • Terrace
        • Cenote
        • Beach
        • Ball Room
        • Near the pool

This is an All Inclusive Hotel. For a private event $25 ++USD is charged per guest and this includes the following:
        • Private area which could be on the beach, Ball room or hotel terraces
        • Private dinner
        • Open bar for 4 hours + 1 hour cocktail.
        • Chairs avant garde type, round tables, white tablecloths and napkins
        • Dishes, silverware and glassware.

you can bring in your outside vendors without any vendor fee. 

Feel Free to reach out and we will be happy to help

Happy Planning 

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#5 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Hey Jessica,

Other options is Hacienda Tres Rios,

The hotel is located 30 minutes from Cancun airport.it is an all inclusive and family friendly 

In the hotel you can have the reception and ceremony in many places, such as:
        • Pier
        • Terrace
        • Cenote
        • Beach
        • Ball Room
        • Near the pool

This is an All Inclusive Hotel. For a private event $25 ++USD is charged per guest and this includes the following:
        • Private area which could be on the beach, Ball room or hotel terraces
        • Private dinner
        • Open bar for 4 hours + 1 hour cocktail.
        • Chairs avant garde type, round tables, white tablecloths and napkins
        • Dishes, silverware and glassware.

you can bring in your outside vendors without any vendor fee. 

Feel Free to reach out and we will be happy to help

Happy Planning 

Joyce

Hi Joyce,

Quick question. Do they allow outside weddings if you aren't using the resort?

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

For a larger group, some resorts like Hard Rock and Palace has free private events.  The free weddings even include decorations or you can use resort credits.

If you want to contact us, we can break down the pros and cons of the different resorts.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
        • 363 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
        • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

I recommend palace and hard rock. It seems that their group benefits haven't been topped by anyone

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Beach Weddings, Budgeting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users