Barcelo Maya Caribe Vs. Grand Palladium Kantenah

Hello past, present, and future brides! I am having such a difficult time choosing a resort.. I thought I had a list of places I liked until I met with a travel agent and got some suggestions from her based on her own travel experience and her client's most popular choices. She highly recommended the Barcelo Maya Caribe because of the new renovations and the Barcelo company has a great reputation anyway. She also suggested the Palladium, but informed me that the beach ceremony area isn't set-up away from other tourists and they always end up in your pictures. She pretty much sold me on the Caribe, but when I came home and did some research it seemed the Caribe didn't have as good of reviews on tripadvisor as I had hoped. I'm so torn! I don't know if I should choose one of these, or none of these! 

Please, if there's anyone who has had or attended a wedding at either of these places, or can give me any advice I would really appreciate it! I feel like pulling my hair out right now! lol.

Thanks guys! :)

Listen to your travel agent but ask for more options. They are only there to recommend, not decide for you. If you aren't happy with what she has given you, keep looking and be armed with questions on other resorts. Let her know that you don't like what you've read and see if she can provide you with better reviews, or other ones that put your mind at ease. It's your wedding, you're going to be spending a lot of money and you need to be comfortable with your resort choice.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Welcome to our forum community, Jessica and amandalynn, and Congrats on your upcoming tropical weddings in Mexico!!!

In case you haven't already seen them, here's a link to more Barcelo Caribe info  and another link to some reviews about them on TripAdvisor: Barcelo Maya Caribe Reviews

With all the resources here, your chances of finding the answers to your planning questions are great - happy research :)

For some added inspiration, here are some magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured recently at a Grand Palladium Wedding: 

10531346_10152529109249487_4179784697251

57575_10152529110419487_2967483769688723

10498425_10152529114924487_8255475624696

Wishing you all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

• Like 1

@@jessiker05 I have been to the Grand Palladium but I have stayed at the Barcelo Maya Coloniel (next to the Caribe). I was there for a DW as well (for my cousin) and loved it. It was my first time at a DW and wasn't sure what to expect. The resort was beautiful, they have a gorgeous stretch of beach and because all of the Barcelo properties are side by side you can use the pools and restaurants part of the other resorts. It is great for the budget for your guests if you have some who want to splurge, some who are more family oriented an some who are on a budget the variety of properties allow for different price points and yet you can all be together. The Palace is gorgeous but obviously more expensive. The French restaurant at the Palace is an additional charge ($20 or 30 per person a couple of years ago) but really worth it - the food is amazing there. The other a la carte restaurants are pretty good too with some better than others (Italian was good). The buffet is decent (what you would expect at an all inclusive, our group was definitely happy having breakfast here everyday). 

There is also a small cenote on site that you can go swimming in and you can take out water tricycles in the ocean (free). There is also the option to rent ATVs for a couple of hours which is a lot of fun in a big group.

Jaguars dance club is fun and there is a little shopping market area on the property as well. My cousin had his wedding on the beach near Captain Morgan's - pretty private (you may have the odd straggler but it felt pretty private) for their ceremony and reception. We were able to hop over to Captain Morgan's for snacks and drinks in between while the couple did photos - it was great and no need to pay extra for a cocktail hour! 

I hope that helps a bit. I'm sure the resort has changed a bit since I've been there too.  :)

• Like 1

@@snswedding2016  ooooh thanks so much for your post!  I am getting married at Barcelo Maya Palace.  I had no idea there was a cenote on site :) sounds like there have a lot of activities at the resort that you don't really have to leave unless you are looking for a different adventure!

• Like 1

@@GingerBride yea it is pretty cool! It's isn't one that you can repel into but still pretty amazing. You go through some winding tunnels in the water (there's a rope you can hold on to). There is a guy that will take a group of you in and show you around. It seems tiny and then you go under water and look down - it's breathtaking!!

Go to the French restaurant - honestly that is my most memorable meal from when we went …even more so than the wedding reception food! 

Some of the guests at the wedding I was at also paid extra to go snorkelling at the resort and they loved it!