25 replies to this topic

#21 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

That's the one thing I'm trying to figure out. We're going off resort for our dinner and doing cake through Joyce at Dream Weddings. Same thing with flowers and I'm going to Styling Trio's salon instead of paying the fee for them to come to the resort. But I'm trying to figure out what to do with left over cake and get it back to the resort! I don't want them trying to charge me for a day pass or $800 fee to bring back cake that they didn't make!! lol

I think you will be fine as you aren't bringing it on the resort to use at a celebration on site. I see it no different than leaving the resort to tour and bringing back snacks and/or leftovers. Stick it in a box and then in a plastic bag and no one will even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#22 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

That's the one thing I'm trying to figure out. We're going off resort for our dinner and doing cake through Joyce at Dream Weddings. Same thing with flowers and I'm going to Styling Trio's salon instead of paying the fee for them to come to the resort. But I'm trying to figure out what to do with left over cake and get it back to the resort! I don't want them trying to charge me for a day pass or $800 fee to bring back cake that they didn't make!! lol

I agree, I'd try to go undercover with it :) so no one will know and they can't say anything

event.png

#23 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

@acw271011 - oooo that's a tough one. Well, I think you should be covered though if you get boxes and give out cake as a favor for your guests.  Then it is a matter of guests just bringing it back with them on property and maybe you have a mid-sized box to bring extra mini-boxes back when you return from the festivities.  They can't stop you or charge you for bringing something back.  It's no different than if you went off property and brought leftovers. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#24 travelgal78

travelgal78
  • Site Supporter
  • 88 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Ceremony at Marina Maroma/Reception at El Dorado Royale
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

I would just like to chime in that chocolate was AMAZING! The vanilla was a bit dry for me. Dulce de leche was good too  :P

*~Leslie~* :wub:

#25 RitvikSehgal

RitvikSehgal
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

Here i would like to suggest top five flavors, hopefully you like it.

1.) Red Velvet

2.) Chocolate

3.) White Chocolate with raspberry

4.) Lemon

5.) Vanilla

#26 Berg999

Berg999
    • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Great topic! I just posted this same topic like a few weeks ago and didn't get much response. So...I am hoping for some direction.

I went to the BDR at El Dorado Royale in September but they really did not have a full selection of the cake flavors. I tried chocolate and red velvet that I can remember. The red velvet was good. Chocolate seemed OK. My fiancĂ© hates red velvet but most everyone else likes it. I was looking to see what past brides of karisma chose or what future brides are choosing.

Do they give you the option to have maybe 2 flavors?

I was curious if anyone had tried the funfetti or cookies and cream/oreo cake??

Is there a cake with a filling at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users