girlinthecity97

Cake Flavors - Karisma Resorts

@@TinkerSofi - initially I was going to go with a cake that size but we are scaling back since the dinner comes with several desserts. Check with the vets who already had their wedding at Fives before you buy boxes. I too thought about doing them but read somewhere on here they won't let you do that for food safety liability reasons. :( I will be beyond irked and heated if I buy boxes and can't use them so I nixed the idea for self and resort preservation lol.

@@linaco80 - I hear you on scaling back. We are doing the same and getting a smaller cake just for pics. My mom ordered a small cake to top the cupcake display at my shower so I froze it to have as our 1st anniversary wedding cake lol.

@@calgarybride2015 - that is hilarious!! Lololol

@@girlinthecity97 apparently they're not allowed to put the cake in the boxes themselves, but as long as you or one of your guests do it it's fine. It would be super unfair if they didn't let you take it after paying for it. 

Hi Ladies - 

I just wanted to report back that the Carrot and Vanilla Rum cakes were DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They were super moist and our guests raved about them both!  I'm also glad I didn't do boxes because everyone ate the cake so we had nothing left.  I wish I could have brought it back with me to freeze for our anniversary! :( 

Maybe I will have a mini one made instead. 

• Like 1

Hi Ladies - 

I just wanted to report back that the Carrot and Vanilla Rum cakes were DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They were super moist and our guests raved about them both!  I'm also glad I didn't do boxes because everyone ate the cake so we had nothing left.  I wish I could have brought it back with me to freeze for our anniversary! :(

Maybe I will have a mini one made instead. 

that's awesome. We chose vanilla rum for one of them so I'm glad it was delicious. Now I'm wondering whether I even want to being boxes...hahah we'll see I guess. It depends on our final cake to people ratio :P

How big was your cake and how many guests did you have?

Edited by TinkerSofi
  • Like 1

We had no cake left either - maybe one sliver but not enough to even worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi - I think that's a safe route to go.  I only got the 2 tier that feeds 20-30 and had 60 guests.  I went this route b/c we did the International Family Style dinner which comes with 5-6 mini desserts.  The minis were "ok" but the cake was so yummy (and I don't even like cake and loved it) that it went fast.  They cut thinnish (not hunks but not slivers either) and I would say about 35-40 people were able to have a slice or two. 

We got the cake for picture purposes but if I had to do it again, I would have gotten one the next size up.  I had heard so many horror stories about the Karisma cakes but ours was great *shrugs*. 

good to know! I'll keep mine as it is then. I have a 30-40 people cake for a bit over 40 people. If there's any left over I'll them them to put it on a plate and I'll eat it all by myself in my room hahah! 

• Like 2

That's the one thing I'm trying to figure out. We're going off resort for our dinner and doing cake through Joyce at Dream Weddings. Same thing with flowers and I'm going to Styling Trio's salon instead of paying the fee for them to come to the resort. But I'm trying to figure out what to do with left over cake and get it back to the resort! I don't want them trying to charge me for a day pass or $800 fee to bring back cake that they didn't make!! lol