9 replies to this topic

#1 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

I love the maggie sottero marianne In blush. I have located the dress in some salons near me. My mom wants to go to kleinfeld, but I'm worried that they hike up the prices.

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#2 TAkathy

TAkathy
  • Insiders
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

I wouldn't be surprised with the TV exposure they have.

Have you tried doing an online search for other vendors?

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#3 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

I agree with @TAkathy. It wouldn't surprise me if the prices are a little overinflated. You could always go just for the experience, but I don't know if you want to buy your dress there! lol Do they even sell Maggie Sottero? I would think a lower priced line like that - compared to the Pninas - wouldn't be up to their standards! You never see someone on tv buy a Maggie! lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 LisaAnthonyPoppy

LisaAnthonyPoppy
    • 332 posts
    • Wedding Location:Mayan Riviera
    • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

Just do some price checks at stores and if you want to buy at Kleinfeld for whatever reason ask them to price match if their prices are not the lowest. If they do your a customer, if not you will already know where to go to buy it. It will be the same dress either way.

Also....hmmm idk because the biggest most sought after bridal boutique in Cincinnati, (my hometown) has the lowest prices on their bridal gowns of any shops around here. Usually they sell so many dresses that they can afford to lower the markups just enough to make you feel like your getting a deal.
    Never know until you try!

And it's important to know also that it does NOT matter the amount of money you spend on your dress your bridal consultant should make you feel like a VIP all the way! She's going to get a commission so make sure you take your time, and get the VIP treatment you deserve!

#5 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
    • 363 posts
    • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

Yea, my friend got her Watters dress from kleinfeld and she said that it was the same as other stores, but her dress was $3000. They do sell maggie sottero and I saw the dress I want on their website. I saw an episode of a girl buying a maggie, but i didn't catch the price. My aunt has a friend that is a consultant at the store. I've been to a few stores and some of the reviews are horrible and I didn't like the customer service at a few. I am selling my Maggie sottero divina because I want a different maggie. I just rather have good service if I'm spending all this money on an item.

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#6 Wedding2014

Wedding2014
    • 243 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Hello all my dress was a maggie sottero from kleinfelds nyc !!

#7 HilaryMWren

HilaryMWren
      • 20 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya
      • LocationMontreal Canada

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

@TheBHolders I was just considering the MS divina dress but have not tried it on. What is your honest opinion of the dress?

#8 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
      • 363 posts
      • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

@HilaryMWren I actually love the dress it is gorgeous, heavy, but beautiful. However, my friend wore it at her wedding and I have been giving it second thoughts, only because my mom couldnt go dress shopping with me and I bought it on a whim as a sample. However, my mom and I went dress shopping again and I fell in love with Maggie's Marianne. So, I am selling Divina, plus its too small and I was stressing myself to lose weight to fit the dress.

event.png

#9 Msmimi

Msmimi
      • 150 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Beautiful dress style!

#10 HilaryMWren

HilaryMWren
        • 20 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya
        • LocationMontreal Canada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

@TheBHolders We must be thinking the same :) My top dresses so far were the MS divina and the marianne. I also like the MS Adalee and MS Haven although I have no idea of prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users