Help! Looking For A Good/affordable Photographer In Cancun Area

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

@Wafflesmom. We're going with him too! Love getting new photos on my newsfeed, especially the trash the dress session!

How do you get new photos and what's the news feed?

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#12 Wafflesmom

• 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

How do you get new photos and what's the news feed?

I "like" his Facebook page so all photos he uploads goes onto my news feed. He posts pictures quite regularly and everytime I see his pics, I get more excited about our wedding day lol
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

#13 Chelsovan

• 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Ok, I have checked, Samuel Luna, Bicoastal, Karisma and Ivan Luckie, my favorites so far are Karisma and Samuel Luna, I contacted them yesterday but I haven't received any answers yet from Samuel, I'm talking with Carlos from Karisma and he seems very nice, plus his work is beautiful and his pictures spontaneous, which is exactly what I'm looking for, does anyone have any another suggestions? I want to make sure I'm choosing the right one, Thanks to AllieH, marinah84, wafflemom, Jillyh, for your help, choosing the right photographer is not easy after all

thank you all!

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

#14 MexicoWeddings

• 6 posts
      • LocationPlaya del Carmen

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Check out www.funinthesunweddings.com they have great packages. They are really professional and will make your wedding photos fun and unique. They can also bring a photo booth to your wedding. I totally recommend them. 

#15 Wafflesmom

• 948 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
      • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

@Chelsovan you're very welcome I hope you find a great photographer that you love. Samuel Luna sent me an email this week and he did mention that he has been so busy so thought I'd mention it in case it takes him a little longer to reply to you. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to help.
      My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

#16 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,071 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hey all you wonderful wedding couples!!! Congrats on your destination weddings - in whichever location you've chosen.

Yes, "affordable" can be a somewhat subjective term, when describing photography services. We've recently introduced more package options to include more affordable selections, catering to a wider range of spending plans.

We're also offering price breaks on some outside vendor fees charged by many of the resorts here.

To see our photographic style, here are a few samples with more at this link: Cover Photos ... enjoy!!! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#17 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

My short list was Adventure Photos (resort photog), Samuel Luna and Bohemia Photography. I also liked Dean Sandersan and Bicoastal.

In the end I chose Adventure Photos and specifically requested Perla Brambila. She also has her own company. Super happy with the product.

I agree that you need to look on their websites and see which ones touch you. Also request prices and package info as that is still super important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 24 January 2015 - 05:12 PM.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#18 IvanLuckiePhotography

• Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

here is the list of the top 20 Riviera Maya Photographers (actually Cancun but distances are relatively close within Riviera Maya)

I recommend to follow this suggestions in the order:

1. Make sure you LOVE photographers, Vision and Style
          2. Make sure photographer is real, wide experience in the field as main photographer, Skype/facetime
          3. check references  as well as reviews but reviews/references are personal point of view
          4. make sure you read all the information the photographer offers to have most of your expectations clear
          5. Check prices, If you can pay, you are up for the photographer

Edited by IvanLuckiePhotography, 25 January 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#19 Chelsovan

• 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

Update: I decided to go whit Karisma, I really loved their pictures and as I said before I was impressed. Carlos is very fast at answering e-mails (something that I personally love) and his work is really outstanding and beautiful. I feel really good knowing that I won't be posing all the way during my wedding (I am not so camera friendly) and I'll still have beautiful pictures for my wedding. Thank you all again for your help.

Best wishes.

#20 priscilla31185

• 18 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 11, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort
            • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

@TheBHolders, Our wedding is just a week apart. I went with Ivan Luckie. Just wondering who you went through. Also How is all the planning going for you. I been looking for a indoor reception information since the 10pm curfew time for the other locations seem outrageous. My family likes to party so cutting my wedding off by 10 will be an issue lol. 

Edited by priscilla31185, 06 July 2015 - 08:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users