i wanted to post a review of my wedding from back in December now that things have gotten back to normal a bit, and give a few tips.First, we were married on the beautiful Isla Mujeres with just our closest friends and family and honeymooned in Tulum This was priceless! Two locations to paly in and then get away and relax, so nice
Here's what we experienced: http://quetzalphoto....h-isla-mujeres/
1. We made welcome bags with bug spray (much appreciated, tylenol (ditto) and pepto. Wish we had included band-aids. I just did iron on word clouds
2. Since it was an island and everyone loved exploring, it would also have been nice to have had some walkie talkies (my dad's idea), but we did not. So, we spent a lot of time trying to find folks and waiting around. FYI not everyone will think to check their phone when in paradise!
3. Catamaran rental for snorkel and sunset sail was a HIT and really brought the group together
4. Planes will be delayed, luggage will get lost, shuttles will go wrong. Remind folks that they are in paradise and that even in paradise a little rain must fall. I didn't think this would be necessary, turned out it was
5. Hire an AMAZING wedding planner! This is invaluable and so here we go...
1. AMAZING Wedding Planner= Erika Lozano with Kinshala. Erika was so awesome to work with.she was always available via email, skype, had great ideas and turned all of my ideas into reality (only BETTER). when te shuttle she hired charged our guests inappropriately, she and her assistant took over and shuttled everyone themselves to make sure we all got to the island on time. Come on!
2. Venue: Zama Beach Club. We were able to rent out the whole club for the evening and got bar service, dinner, midnight snacks and use of the two pools beach side. We all brought our swimsuits and swam under the stars after killing it on the dance floor. Everyone kept saying it looked like something out of a movie
3. Mayan Florist: beautiful, reasonably priced flowers. I just sent in pictures and he delivered plenty. Even through in plants for the ceremony aisle.
4. Lighting: You'll have to check the photographer's link to see the name of the company, but this is a great lighting company in the area. They have BEAUTIFUL candlescapes for the pool are (in and out) and even custom made a standing chandelier for us because I liked the kind they use in Cancun weddings He threw in all the table lights and the pool lights as well. We were thrilled with the romantic effect!
5. Quetzal Photo: AWESOME photographers who were so warm, so professional and kind. They took so many photos that the link doesn't cover half! They really captured the energy and love of our wedding and they were HALF the cost of other photogs in the area.