546 replies to this topic

#471 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

I also heard Blurb is really good...I think its Canadian.

Some Others I can think of are Snapfish, Blacks, Picaboo, And Apple

@kcole123 Most place have a mothers day sale on too right now

I'm all about photobooks!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#472 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

Yeah you seem to know you photo books. Well I purchased the groupon from the one you told me about. Came to $70 for the two books from groupon. Not bad, even when the photo book place charges for shipping it will still be cheaper than the books I was looking at.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#473 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:53 AM

@kcole123 In my Wedding Photography course we learned all about them...

Most important advice when creating your own is to make sure your pictures run in a logical order. Place pictures together that match in colour and scenery, and lastly keep the same background for each page, plain black or white for a classier look.  Hope this helps! 

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#474 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

@Meandhim thanks for the great tips. I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#475 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah you seem to know you photo books. Well I purchased the groupon from the one you told me about. Came to $70 for the two books from groupon. Not bad, even when the photo book place charges for shipping it will still be cheaper than the books I was looking at.

Was that with shipping? if not, what books did you get? as I didn't think there was ones that expensive especially with the groupon?

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#476 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Oh that's great Kim I will have to check them out. Did you order yours yet?
Ahhaha Kim just went on their website and I actually came across that last night and they seemed good but didn't get a chance to fully look through because my computer shut down. But yeah they seem good so I may just order from them.

There is also Picaboo. I've done books with both Picaboo and Photobook. They're both good, both have nice styles. It will likely come down to pricing depending on what you want and how many pages. Like @Meandhim said, there is Groupon, plus Wagjag does them and so does the other one.... can't remember. They're well worth it.

I did a book of our engagement photos and one of our wedding shots and combined them with our AHR. It can take a little time so be ready to be patient. Even if you pick a premade layout, you still have to pick the shots and it doesn't always put them in the order that you want.

It's fun to do, really. I enjoyed it and they do make wonderful gifts!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#477 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Thanks ladies.

@Meandhim I need your help. I just completed one photo book tonight on photo book Canada but then when I go to place the order a warning comes up saying that "this product can only be ordered in counts of 4 pages. You must revise the number of pages before you can continue."

Please tell me I don't have to start this over again. I only have the one book completed and it took me all evening. Now what do I do? I don't even know how you would revise the number of pages.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#478 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

Thanks ladies.

@Meandhim I need your help. I just completed one photo book tonight on photo book Canada but then when I go to place the order a warning comes up saying that "this product can only be ordered in counts of 4 pages. You must revise the number of pages before you can continue."

Please tell me I don't have to start this over again. I only have the one book completed and it took me all evening. Now what do I do? I don't even know how you would revise the number of pages.

Haven't done this for a while, but if I remember correctly you have to have an even number of pages and you have to have pictures on each. I don't think it likes blank pages. So think of it that you have two pages, but it in actual fact has 4 sides. It should allow you to do a review and set the book up so that you can look at it exactly like someone else would be looking at it.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#479 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Thanks @acw271011

I will have to play around with it tomorrow. I know I had 38 pages but will have to make sure there are pictures on all of them. I am pretty sure there is. I will have to play with it some more tomorrow. I was trying to figure out a way to actually view it but couldn't see anything really. I did go into view mode or soemthing but it didn't show it that great it was almost the same as in edit mode. If you figure it out let me know. I hate learning new things hahaha

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#480 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

Kristy - which one are you using? I should still have my files so I'll try and open them back up and see if I can see what's up.

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users