546 replies to this topic

#301 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

Bikini waxes aren't bad ladies!! Went for a trial one to see and it literally didn't hurt! Feels way less than eyebrow I found, and definitely not as bad as legs LOL!! @kcole123 @pddcmc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right? i thought i was the only one who though eyebrows hurt wayy more

event.png

#302 IzzyDeee

IzzyDeee
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riu Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationLondon Ontario

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

I'd almost rather do the bikini wax instead of eyebrows LOL! Eyebrows are tender! @TinkerSofi

#303 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. We leave in 66 days and I feel horrible that I DON'T feel excited - obviously I know it'll be the best time and I'll be totally relaxed once we get on the plane, but there is so much to do before we go and I get resentful that every spare minute I have has to be spent on wedding stuff. And we are keeping it really simple! It doesn't help that my job is demanding so I don't really have a lot of said "free time." I'm trying REALLY hard to tell myself to enjoy this part because it'll be over fast, but no luck so far ;)

@kcole123

Ok. Don't worry, I always have an opinion. So, here I am sharing  :D LOL

Girl. I'm not even going to try to lie, I feel like that MOST of the time! I consider myself rather "girly," but wedding planning is hardly what I'd call "fun." I can't wait to be done with it so I can go on with my life and spend time with my husband....and devote more time to other things.

#304 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Ouch! Well, I guess I'll be leaving the salon sore... I'm getting my eyebrows and bikini wax! lol

@beckys98 Nah, don't feel bad. I think some brides really love wedding planning, but I'm just not one of them. For one, I am a people pleaser (not to be confused with a pushover) and two, I don't like making decisions. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with an entire wedding planned for me - right down to colors, etc and someone just saying ok, show up at this time. I know all of this will be worth it, but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes sometimes and saying I want to be married to my husband and move on to bigger things than one day. But, in retrospect, I think I would feel sad if we didn't have a celebration with family and friends.

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#305 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

Ouch! Well, I guess I'll be leaving the salon sore... I'm getting my eyebrows and bikini wax! lol

@beckys98 Nah, don't feel bad. I think some brides really love wedding planning, but I'm just not one of them. For one, I am a people pleaser (not to be confused with a pushover) and two, I don't like making decisions. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with an entire wedding planned for me - right down to colors, etc and someone just saying ok, show up at this time. I know all of this will be worth it, but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes sometimes and saying I want to be married to my husband and move on to bigger things than one day. But, in retrospect, I think I would feel sad if we didn't have a celebration with family and friends.

In all honesty, before I got engaged and actually started planning a DW, I actually thought it would be more about someone else planning the majority of it for me. I quickly realized that obviously that is not the case, but like you I would have been perfectly happy if what I had originally pictured in my head was true. Its always been about the marriage for me, not really about the wedding. I think some people have a really hard time understanding that. 

#306 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

@pddcmc I did try to get my fiance to elope - I don't think he took me seriously even though I was very emphatic! But even still he reminded me that this is the ONLY time in life that we'll EVER get our friends and family to go on vacation together. And since he is from Jamaica it is nice for people who care about us to spend a little time where he is from (even though, obviously, he didn't grow up anywhere near a resort. Ha!)

So of course I agreed. Not to get all super serious on someone else's planning threat (sorry @kcole123!) but we have also just had bad news (my mom died) after bad news (his grandma died - who raised him) after bad news (he has cancer and had surgery in November) since we got engaged and I think it makes it hard to feel that invested in some of the details. I KNOW it'll all be worth it, but I think we both feel like we just need a break! We need life to chill for a little bit so we can catch our breath ;)

#307 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

I'm totally enjoying the whole wedding planning thing haha. I love it! I wasn't the type of girl that had a pinterest board on weddings before I even got engaged but now I'm enjoying every single minute of it. It might have to do with the fact that we've been engaged for a long time so in a way I've had tons of time to plan. 

I do sometimes get into the mindset of "I want to get married already and stop planning" but because, again, since we've been engaged forever I just want the day to be here. As much as I enjoy the planning I feel like i've been doing it for ages and it doesn't feel real. I feel like a crazy person planning for her imaginary party that will never come :P 

@beckys98 I'm so sorry to hear about your family. It's understandable that it would be hard to get into the whole wedding thing while going through all that stuff. 

event.png

#308 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

@beckys98

don't worry about my planning thread girl. We all share everything on anyone's planning thread. Well I know I have once or twice. So sorry to hear what you have been through. You will surely need the break and the getaway and relax with your husband.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#309 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

So there was a little mix up in our bookings we found out today but it's all taken care of now. When we originally requested our rooms we wanted the Adults Only section of the resort. Found today that the resort had changed and what we originally requested wasn't what we were given. We said we wanted the Master Suite as well but this is room category is only in the family section. So a little confusion but all is well now. The resort has been renovated and my travel was not aware of the change of the resort. When she was there a couple of years ago all was completely different. So the free wedding came only if you booked the Master Suite at the Level and because we changed and downgraded I didn't think we would get the free. But the travel agent ended up getting the free even though we are now downgraded and are booked at the Level Adults Only. But I am much happier now we are booked where we wanted to be in the beginning. And that was the last room left in the Level Adults Only. Rest is sold out. We are lucky in that sense.

The resort sent me our itinerary today and break down. It actually makes me feel a little less anxious now knowing that they seem to be pretty organized and on the ball with stuff. Out of all those emails I sent, they actually understood everything I was asking.

Anyway, to make matters really sad is that Nathan thinks he has the shingles. He had it once before and he thinks it's the same as what he had before. He went to the doctor today and she said it's either bacterial infection or shingles. So she gave him the meds to treat bacterial infection. He has an appointment on Monday to see how it's going. He is saying tonight thought it's starting to hurt. So yeah I am hoping this is not what he has. It makes me sad that he may be sick while he is in Dominican for a week and I really don't want him to be miserable and not enjoy his time and his wedding. This makes me sad but I am hoping for a better outcome and hoping that it's not the shingles. Fingers crossed.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#310 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

Oh no :( that's terrible. How long do shingles last normally? I don't have much experience with them. Could it be cleared up by then if he cuts out everything and just rests? Can he stop work now? :( feeling horrible for him (and you) please keep us posted

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users