Kcole123 Planning Thread - April 17, 2015 - Melia Caribe Tropical
Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:21 PM
@pddcmc I had been doing some of those but it's nice to learn new things, like putting your necklaces on a straw haha. Mind blown!
I can totally attest to the fact that rolled clothes take up less space. My aunt taught me that when I was a kid . The best part is that you can also place breakable things in between the rolls of clothes. They've always made it each time I tried .
Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:42 PM
Oh my do you ever get to the point where you just wish the planning would end...lol I don't feel like these all days mind you. I have things still left to do. But that is no surprise. I have been busy lately but mostly with work and by the time I go to tanning after work, come home and eat supper, then work out, I just don't have the time to get on here. Sad I know. I also have been training a girl at work to take my place while I am gone not there for two weeks.
I haven't found anything yet to hold the name cards. I have an idea in my head that I want to buy just like alligator clip thingy's with like seashells or something on them (of course that could stand up). I don't know where to get them thought. I am not a crafty person nor do I care to do anything craft to be quite honest...lol I would rather see something I like, then buy it. If it's good and cheap right now, cause I can't really afford to be spending a whole lot more.
I seen name tags also on here form you girls that I have completely forgot about to put on the welcome bags. Just thinking of buying a stamp with thankyou on it and picking up some beachy themed stickers. I don't want to go all out when it comes to that stuff because lets be honest, who will talk about those things at the end of the day.
I have realized through this planning process, that the little things are not really what's going to matter. I have also decided to cancel the décor for the boat, just so I could book the extra hour with them. I don't think it will look horrible because the meal, the boat, the water, the beauty of the ocean, the party, the drinks, the people is what the guests will really be talking about that day.
SO my list of things left to do went down some what but still have lots left it seems. But most of this is going to be done this weekend. I am off work now after tomorrow, so lots will get done within this next week.
- Print off brochures (everything is finalized now with times etc., I have made the changes on the template, I have picked up ink for the printer weekend past. So all I have to do is print.
- Gifts for the groomsman - I am going to Edmonton this weekend so I will be looking around, sending pictures to Nathan, and tell him to pick something.
- Bikini wax - No details needed
- Music list - have been working on this with Nathan (this was his only task by the way). I got him drunk one night and we listened to some music and we started jotting stuff down. You have to do what you have to do. haha
- Finish Adventure book/signing book - Nathan's childhood pictures are being mailed to me by his mother (should have them next week), have the paint picked up and stencils for our names.
- Get nails done ( appointment is booked)
- Print off all receipts ( I have most of this done, just need a couple more printed)
- Take out US money
Get married legally in Canada (which is April 6th)
- Get tags for gift bags
Also get thank you stamps and stickers for these
- Get name place tags or print off myself for seating arrangements on boat.
- Get name place tag holder thingys.
- Pick up my wedding dress April 4th
- Have to go try on my second dress next week which is being altered. I dropped it off last week but she hasn't started yet. Next week she said it will be ready for me to try on.
- Lash extension fill appointment.
So there you have it folks. This girl needs to get some work done in the next 2 weeks.
Kristy and Nathan
Melia Caribe Tropical
April 17, 2015
Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:06 PM
You're totally right. I get so focused on the small details and sometimes I need to think who the hell is going to care, aside from me haha.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:23 PM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:44 PM
Ok. Don't worry, I always have an opinion. So, here I am sharing LOL
Girl. I'm not even going to try to lie, I feel like that MOST of the time! I consider myself rather "girly," but wedding planning is hardly what I'd call "fun." I can't wait to be done with it so I can go on with my life and spend time with my husband....and devote more time to other things.
I feel like you may be able to find them with seashells through etsy, but probably for a pretty penny (or at least more expensive than making them yourself). They usually have those clippy things you are talking about at craft stores. I'd even look at Target/WalMart. You could purchase shells and hot glue them yourself? I guess it depends on which that you value more, your sanity and time vs saving money.
We aren't putting specific names on gifts for people. That's too much work for me to put together, and what's more is finding the "right" gift for the "right" person when handing them out. (Yes, we are handing them out. I think it's more personal, AND I think it's ridiculous what the resort charges to hand items out). Additionally, I feel the same way - guests will look at it for 5 seconds and then toss them in the trash.
"I have realized through this planning process, that the little things are not really what's going to matter. I have also decided to cancel the décor for the boat, just so I could book the extra hour with them. I don't think it will look horrible because the meal, the boat, the water, the beauty of the ocean, the party, the drinks, the people is what the guests will really be talking about that day." ----> Here is what my bestie keeps reminding me - only you will know what you have changed or if something goes wrong. ALSO, I think that adding a ton of decorations to any event for a DW is overkill... it takes away from the natural beauty and that's what I find so appealing about a DW. Furthermore, I don't know about you, but we chose a DW for several reasons, including it being a slightly less expensive option, ya see where I'm going with this?
- Bikini wax - No details needed ME TOO! I'm nervous!
- Music list - have been working on this with Nathan (this was his only task by the way). I got him drunk one night and we listened to some music and we started jotting stuff down. You have to do what you have to do. haha GENIUS!
I think our list is just about the same. We can do this!
@TinkerSofi As I mentioned above, I have felt the same way! You can do it!
I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users