546 replies to this topic

#211 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Yes, I am 96.7% sure that I'll be wearing wearing spanx... UGH. My birth control has failed me!!!! My stress level has been SO HIGH that my hormones are ALL messed up and I had breakthrough bleeding on the pill...pretty sure I'll be on my period ON MY WEDDING DAY!!! FML! So, not only will I be hormonal and emotional, but I'll be panicking the entire time I am wearing my gorgeous WHITE gown, and I'll be bloated. AWESOME. :angry: 

TEARS!!!!!!!!

(sorry for getting a little personal, but I am so friggin bummed out about this!!! On the other hand, we have all talked extensively about waxing... hahahaha)

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#212 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Love the dress!!! It's super cute :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#213 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

@pddcmc I do women's health nursing and there are things you can try to avoid it on your wedding. I can blabber on if you'd like. Sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 23 March 2015 - 05:18 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#214 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

@pddcmc I do women's health nursing and there are things you can try to avoid it on your wedding. I can blabber on if you'd like. Sorry :(

I'll do ANYTHING! PM me? That is, unless @kcole123 doesn't mind it being on her planning journal! LOL

Planning Journal & Blog

#215 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Don't mind at all girl. I would like this info too cause guess what? I think I will be on mine too on my wedding day or at least during that week.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#216 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

Don't mind at all girl. I would like this info too cause guess what? I think I will be on mine too on my wedding day or at least during that week.

It's not funny, but it is. It's like your my twin lol from the wedding date, to color selection, to style/taste, and now this? ..weird!

Planning Journal & Blog

#217 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

I just started the pill again... I have arranged it so hopefully I won't be on while I'm there... Fingers crossed! But I wouldn't mind hearing those tricks either @calgarybride2015 just in case!

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#218 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

I have kept going on the pill before (rather than waiting a week before starting the new pack). It has worked. I only do it once in a blue moon, but my Dr. said it was safe. I would like to know the tricks that Calgarybride has! 

event.png

#219 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

Well depends what type of pills you use and if you don't mind using it continuous!

You don't have to come off for the placebo pills, just start a new pack of the regular ones.  Obviously depends on the type of pill as I mentioned above as some have varying doses of the hormones depending on the week of pill you are on.   This is ok to keep going  and start a new pack because some brand actually make the dosing longer (ie Seasonelle)

I have been doing continuous birth control since around 2001!!!   Came off and got pregnant with twins (doesn't hurt fertility lol) and have been going ever since.   

So basically if you are currently going 21 days, then 7 days off... you can stop that and just take them continuous.  Some people may spot some (I didn't) but spotting is still much better than Aunt Flo on your wedding day.

If you already do this, but are finding some break thru spotting/bleeding you can also double up on your pill for a few days until your lining stabilizes (also got this idea from 2 doctors - my own and one I work with). 

If you start spotting on your pill on a 21 day cycle DON'T stop taking the pill to have a period. Keep going, the spotting will stop I PROMISE you that.  Sometimes mine last a day or two and up to a week but it will go away.   If you are on continuous birth control you don't need to stop either, unless it's time to have a period.

So like I said LOL scenario depends on what you do now and on what med you take, but you have options!

Currently I am using Seasonelle (3 month dosing) but I take it continuous as well. I get a period every 5 ish months .... sometimes less, sometimes more.   I will start spotting and if I feel it's been long enough since my last period I will come off for one. If the timing stinks (ie wedding) I will keep taking the pill and in 2-5 days the spotting goes away!  I am anti period as I had 7 days of hell, so I have been speaking with numerous doctors and ob/gyne's for years on different things to try!

Edited by calgarybride2015, 23 March 2015 - 05:45 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#220 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

I take Yasmin and I've done that where I didn't stop. That's exactly what my Dr. said, that technically I don't need to get my period if I don't want to. I feel safer if I do but if I have an important event or a vacation and it's that week, I'll just keep taking them. I haven't had any spotting, but I also haven't done it often enough to be an expert. 

I get you on the anti-period. I had it for a month straight once, that was interesting hahah. Needless to say, they found out I had some issues going on haha. 

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users