546 replies to this topic

#191 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

@kcole123 The lashes look great! Just with the smaller filling you can see such a big difference :)

They have so many cute bathing suits at La Vie en Rose. I was there this weekend and bought a coverup. I really like the one you got. I find that when going bathing suit shopping it's best to go with someone else. It makes it more fun when things look horrible and sometimes I find that when we're on our own we're too overcritical and start seeing all the flaws and make them 100% worse in our minds. I'm really not a big fan of the light in changing rooms either, it brings out all the imperfections. 

I love how the centrepieces look with the seashells :). That was a really good idea! 

I've had my ring dipped once since I got it and I agree with you, what a difference!! It looks like you just got engaged haha. I've had my wedding band for a while and when I got my e-ring dipped, I compared them. It was so weird because even though I have the wedding band put away and never use it, it looks more yellow haha. It's probably just the normal oxidation process. Anyway, I'll send both of them to be dipped before the wedding. 

@calgarybride2015 I don't think you need to dip the platinum ones. White gold tends to turn yellow over time so that's why they dip them again. I'm guessing just a cleaning and polishing would have the same result for yours :)

Edited by TinkerSofi, 22 March 2015 - 08:30 AM.

event.png

#192 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

Yes this is true @calgarybride2015. The jewler actually said that yesterday. The platinum rings needs no dipping just a polishing is fine.

Thanks girls. Getting ready to cleanse my lashes now with the recipe the lady gave me yesterday.
1 tablespoon baby shampoo
7 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon baking soda

Just in case any of you are looking for a home remedy and not spending the money on the stuff the lash places sell.

Oh @calgarybride2015 my dipping for my engagement ring took one hour yesterday and it cost me $35, which I thought was well worth the money just because of how well it turned out.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#193 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

Yes this is true @calgarybride2015. The jewler actually said that yesterday. The platinum rings needs no dipping just a polishing is fine.

Thanks girls. Getting ready to cleanse my lashes now with the recipe the lady gave me yesterday.
1 tablespoon baby shampoo
7 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon baking soda

Just in case any of you are looking for a home remedy and not spending the money on the stuff the lash places sell.

Oh @calgarybride2015 my dipping for my engagement ring took one hour yesterday and it cost me $35, which I thought was well worth the money just because of how well it turned out.

ohhhh that's a good price for dipping. A lady I work with had hers done and it was over $100!!!  I was disgusted.

Oh yes I know I don't need to dip mine, just wasn't sure what golds you did - I was told 19k gold didn't need dipping either.  But am just not sure, because I know of some brides who have 14k gold and were never once told about dipping, they were shocked when I had mentioned the process to them.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 22 March 2015 - 08:39 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#194 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

@calgarybride2015 $100?! That's insane! I paid $20 for mine. They had to send it off but had it back in about week looking like new :)

event.png

#195 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Yeah I thought honestly it would cost about $70 or $80 but while I was in South Edmonton Common yesterday just shopping anyway I noticed a jewlery store and just happened to pop in to see how long it would take to do? I was surprised when he told me that would cost about $35 for the dipping. Cheaper than I expected. And it was on a whim.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#196 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

Awesome! That's great!

@TinkerSofi, did Spence do yours?   I want to get my rings sauddered (sp?) together but assume Spence has to do it for warranty purposes. I just hate that they are so far away LOL

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

#197 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

Awesome! That's great!

@TinkerSofi, did Spence do yours?   I want to get my rings sauddered (sp?) together but assume Spence has to do it for warranty purposes. I just hate that they are so far away LOL

Yes they did it. I know what you mean, Juan lives all the way in the south so I usually go when I go to his house. I think their prices are reasonable for fixing things though, although I haven't asked at any other jewelry stores. They made the bottom of my e-ring a bit thicker and charged me $70 or $80. 

I think I'll get mine fused together too after the wedding :)

Edited by TinkerSofi, 22 March 2015 - 08:50 AM.

event.png

#198 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yes they did it. I know what you mean, Juan lives all the way in the south so I usually go when I go to his house. I think their prices are reasonable for fixing things though, although I haven't asked at any other jewelry stores. They made the bottom of my e-ring a bit thicker and charged me $70 or $80. 

I think I'll get mine fused together too after the wedding :)

They seem to be cheaper due to the way they due business - they have their own manufacturing place in Vancouver, etc.  Since it's lifetime warranty I would just assume they would only warranty things they have only touched.  

I want my done because of the style of the ring -- the bottom isn't twisted (probably so it can be sized easier) so when the ring spins on my finger that part that isn't shows and looks silly!  (phew did that make sense?)  but I am torn because I also want a second band for the other side but don't want to spend any money on that just yet.  So would be silly to do it now, and then again later (I think each time you do it, the rings get a bit smaller).    Decisions, decisions. 

-Kim

#199 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:06 AM

They seem to be cheaper due to the way they due business - they have their own manufacturing place in Vancouver, etc.  Since it's lifetime warranty I would just assume they would only warranty things they have only touched.  

I want my done because of the style of the ring -- the bottom isn't twisted (probably so it can be sized easier) so when the ring spins on my finger that part that isn't shows and looks silly!  (phew did that make sense?)  but I am torn because I also want a second band for the other side but don't want to spend any money on that just yet.  So would be silly to do it now, and then again later (I think each time you do it, the rings get a bit smaller).    Decisions, decisions. 

I can see why you'd want yours together. For mine, they fit together but also if one turns they look kinda silly too. I would imagine they do get smaller when they're together, just like they fit snugger when you wear them together. 

I would think that the Spence warranty is like most warranties and yeah, if someone else touches the product it voids it. I would call and ask to make sure though :) 

event.png

#200 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

OMG I could cry right now. I just spent half an hour updating and the page expired it said. Urgh. Walk away and get a tea.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users