546 replies to this topic

#151 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

@calgarybride2015 It's finally warming up here supposed to get upto 0 today... Lol... I'm MFing tired of winter!

@kcole123 love the shirts!!!

@acw271011 a bikini bag is just a water proof bag to put your wet bathing suit in... It's perfect for my bridesmaids because on the last day we don't leave the resort until 4 or 5pm so this way we can still swim without worrying about packing a wet swim suit back in our bags... I they only had 4 left so I couldnt get one for me ... I'll just have remember to bring a large ziplock bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#152 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:15 AM

Ok girls just signed up for this Wedpics thing. Reason: seen it advertised on Facevook and it was free. Looks like guests can post photos? Not too sure how it works yet. That's where you guys come in. How will I let guests know? Welcome brochure? Mention it at welcome dinner? Would like to do something fun. Like a scavenger hunt game for pics. Got any templates? Or ideas?
I this could be a great idea and fun for guests.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#153 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2015
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

I recently just made an account on Wedpics as well. From what I understand, you can tell your guests to download the app, and give them your username that you created, and your guests can just upload the photos as they take them to that specific account. Do you have a wedding website? If you do you could always add it there. Also I think adding it to your welcome Letter is a good idea.  I know it might not work for you because your wedding is so close, but I also know that Wedpics will print business cards for you with all the information. That might be an idea if they will get to you in time. 

#154 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Ok girls just signed up for this Wedpics thing. Reason: seen it advertised on Facevook and it was free. Looks like guests can post photos? Not too sure how it works yet. That's where you guys come in. How will I let guests know? Welcome brochure? Mention it at welcome dinner? Would like to do something fun. Like a scavenger hunt game for pics. Got any templates? Or ideas?
I this could be a great idea and fun for guests.

We used wed pics. I'd say 5 ish guests actually used it but was still nice to get a copy of their pics.

I signed up early on so I had our info in our pre travel brochure and for our welcome gifts I had a business card printed thru vistaprint. You can actually get the 'template' off wed pics for free and just print them yourself too or upload to vistaprint, etc.

I'd say anytime now you communicate with your guests - pre travel email? Wedding website? Welcome letter? Maybe a sign on your guest book table? Just bring it up :)

Wed pics also offers a printing service of the cards but it's uber pricey. Thankfully a member on here showed me how to get the template so I could use vistaprint

Edited by calgarybride2015, 08 March 2015 - 07:14 AM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#155 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

I've signed up too... But I'm unsure people will use it because people won't be carrying their phone around but I did make an ispy game... I asked people to share pictures / videos with wedpics, or my email, or Dropbox... I also made a # in case people wanna Instagram... I can send you my ispy game later when I get home if you want

event.png

#156 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

@Meandhim I also thought about making a # but can not figure out how. Any advice? I am with you as well. I dont think many people will be using their cell phones while we are there, but if they do i like to give them the option. 

#157 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

When you create something like this (where people post photos) are you supposed to supply a disposable camera or anything?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#158 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

@MissJen3 ... I'm pretty sure You just make one up... And tell people to use it... Then you can search for it later... I'm not really sure is that the correct way to use it or not... Not even sure if you can download the Instagram pics but at least you can see them... I don't really know.. Lol

event.png

#159 MissJen3

MissJen3
  • 257 posts
  • LocationToronto area

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

@Meandhim Okay, dont laugh, but where do you make one up? Do I go to instragram and make one up there? 

#160 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:35 AM

My friend used disposable cameras at her wedding ... Waste of money... Pictures were awful and she spent slot of money developing them... I figure most people will have a digital camera or camera phone.. So I'm just hoping that they email them...I might nag them too after... I also have a secret Facebook page for our wedding so people can post pictures there

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users