546 replies to this topic

#131 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Yeah that's basically it by what I have heard. I haven't any experience with this waxing business but I will find out. My duty tonight is to try to find a good salon in Edmonton that has good reviews on this (if I can find them).

I will have a look at your cups now.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#132 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

@TinkerSofi, girl. I'm just going to think of you as the waxing expert, now hahaha.

Oh wow. haha. But, I guess it's just the same as me taking care of a patient and seeing them completely naked. What about sensitive skin, such as myself.. have you heard of or experienced a rash or anything similar to razor burn afterwards? I don't want that to happen if I end up doing this... 

....I am literally laughing as I am writing this

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#133 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

@TinkerSofi, girl. I'm just going to think of you as the waxing expert, now hahaha.

Oh wow. haha. But, I guess it's just the same as me taking care of a patient and seeing them completely naked. What about sensitive skin, such as myself.. have you heard of or experienced a rash or anything similar to razor burn afterwards? I don't want that to happen if I end up doing this... 

....I am literally laughing as I am writing this

I don't know if that's the reputation I want but if it helps someone else it's all good haha. I was really scared the first time I tried it too. I thought it would be the most painful experience ever but it wasn't as bad as I thought. My aesthetician actually talked me into it one day :P.

I know, it's weird at first even talking about it hahah. I had a few surgeries around my tailbone area that took a long time to heal and I had a few problems with, so let's just say that a LOT of professionals saw my butt and I feel like i've become somewhat desensitized to it now haha.  

I used to get more of a rash the first few times I did it. I guess it's kind of like threading your eyebrows that way, the more you do it the less your skin reacts to it. Sometimes I'd get like little pimples afterwards but nothing too major. I have sensitive skin too so it's red for a few hours (no matter how much I've done it). My legs actually look like I have the measles after waxing hahah, and I've been waxing my legs since I was 12. The redness lasts like 3 or 4 hours, then it starts getting better :)

event.png

#134 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

I so love reading these threads. You ladies give me my giggle for the day. You're also a whole lot braver than I am!!! Waxing?? Really? OUCH!!! I probably shouldn't say that. My stomach looks like a road map with all the surgery scars. You would think waxing would be easy as pie but it takes me 3 days to get over having my eyebrows done so anywhere else? Uummmm nope. Not matter what there is only one way to spell C H I C K E N! And that's me! lmao

The other thing. I promise you will all NOT be hot messes on your wedding day. It will be over before you know it and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. With all of the careful planning I've seen here, you're all going to have beautiful weddings!! I can't wait to see all the pictures!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#135 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

I so love reading these threads. You ladies give me my giggle for the day. You're also a whole lot braver than I am!!! Waxing?? Really? OUCH!!! I probably shouldn't say that. My stomach looks like a road map with all the surgery scars. You would think waxing would be easy as pie but it takes me 3 days to get over having my eyebrows done so anywhere else? Uummmm nope. Not matter what there is only one way to spell C H I C K E N! And that's me! lmao

The other thing. I promise you will all NOT be hot messes on your wedding day. It will be over before you know it and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. With all of the careful planning I've seen here, you're all going to have beautiful weddings!! I can't wait to see all the pictures!!

The eyebrows are the most painful! hahah I dread getting them done, so I don't blame you :P

event.png

#136 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hey everyone,
Just a small update. Had my second dress fitting today which went well until I got the final bill. Urgh. So I paid $220 last fitting to fet it taken in and get boob cups seen in and get the bust are tapered more to my chest (the material wasn't close to my body). Anyway today's fittingg consisted of getting it hemmed, getting the belt sewn on, and bustle. That cost is $500. Like I nearly died or at least threw up in my mouth (sorry for being gross) haha but it is what it is. Isn't that robbery? Like $720 for alterations. Their reasoning was because it was lace of course. Oh my that's what's so bad about living in a place where you know of no one you could take it to. I was afraid to take it somewhere other than the place I bought it just in case it got screwed up. Oh and this dress fitting is two hours away in Edmonton so I was half hour out of town where I was coming from and realized "oh shit I don't have my shoes." What did I do? Had to turn around and go back home to get my shoes and start the two hour drive all over again. That's the day I had so far.
Don't know if this means my day is getting better or worse. But I also booked my Brazillian wax too for April 7th. Blah not looking forward to that one but I don't want to mess with that down south. Excuse the pun hahaha

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#137 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

That is highway robbery! I feel for you. Did you get a quote first? I did cause I didn't wanna have to barf in my mouth either.

I had mine taken out twice, a hem and a bustle for $300 or $350. Haha can't remember now. Mine wasn't lace but had intricate bead work that needed duplicated.

Sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#138 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:01 PM

Hey everyone,
Just a small update. Had my second dress fitting today which went well until I got the final bill. Urgh. So I paid $220 last fitting to fet it taken in and get boob cups seen in and get the bust are tapered more to my chest (the material wasn't close to my body). Anyway today's fittingg consisted of getting it hemmed, getting the belt sewn on, and bustle. That cost is $500. Like I nearly died or at least threw up in my mouth (sorry for being gross) haha but it is what it is. Isn't that robbery? Like $720 for alterations. Their reasoning was because it was lace of course. Oh my that's what's so bad about living in a place where you know of no one you could take it to. I was afraid to take it somewhere other than the place I bought it just in case it got screwed up. Oh and this dress fitting is two hours away in Edmonton so I was half hour out of town where I was coming from and realized "oh shit I don't have my shoes." What did I do? Had to turn around and go back home to get my shoes and start the two hour drive all over again. That's the day I had so far.
Don't know if this means my day is getting better or worse. But I also booked my Brazillian wax too for April 7th. Blah not looking forward to that one but I don't want to mess with that down south. Excuse the pun hahaha

That is totally unbelievable! That's the cost of a dress almost!! How do they get away with charging that?

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#139 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

I know ladies. It's sad really. I am hoping to God I don't need alterations on my second dress when it comes in. Of course I heard about a lady two days ago that does alterations in my town. Apparently she is good and cheap. Because the dress though won't arrive until the 20th of March I am hoping it will give her time to do what she has to do. I am going to call her tomorrow and mention my situation and time and see if she can even got me in (that's assuming my dress will need alterations).

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#140 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

So this is what I was doing today on my lunch break. Attaching coil key chains onto the plastic key holders. Had to go to the dollar store to buy them because the ones I ordered on Amazon didn't show up. It's been close to two months now and am thinking they won't show up.

Attached Files

Edited by kcole123, 06 March 2015 - 11:21 AM.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users