Kcole123 Planning Thread - April 17, 2015 - Melia Caribe Tropical

Now I will go into the items I have purchased for our guests and bridesmaids/groomsmen and also the little things of the wedding.

First off I ordered fans for the ceremony to be placed on everyone's chair. I ordered raffia fans because I figured they would be more sturdy. I ordered them and sent them directly home to my home so she could bring them down with her. Gotta spread the love...lol Also I asked my mom if she could pick up some grey and coral ribbon to wrap around the handles of the fans. Grey for guys and Coral for the ladies. I will just be showing a picture of the fans without the ribbon for now because mom is like me, a procrastinator...lol

The fans were ordered from Koyal Wholesale. The cost was for 36 fans at $114.20. This included taxes and shipping.

fans

The Favors

Ok so I liked the idea of an OOT bag type thing but not a complete OOT bag. I didn't go all out with this so my idea is to have the lemonade packettes inside the tumblers. Have the bag itself folded and placed on the back of the tumbler and wrap in ribbon. I will show you the completed look once I take a picture at the resort. For now, because of how I will ship, I won't be putting it together.

The Tumblers were purchased online at discountmugs. The stickers on the mugs were purchased on Etsy seller: davetdesigns and they are very sturdy and listed as waterproof as well.

tumbler

The lemonade packetts I purchased online also from weddingfavours.ca. I purchased 45 and the cost was $110. I just thought this was a nice little add-on to the tumblers.

lemonade

The bags I purchased online at weddingchicks.com. I believe I used a promo code at the time to get so much off the purchase. It's best I find to wait until there are any deals available. I just ordered the basic bags for people and I didn't want to put our names on them just in case guests wanted to use them again.

Bag2

I also bought 2 seperate bags for the mothers on weddingchicks as well. Again, simple.

Bag4

Bag3

If I find anything else to add on for the favours, I will certainly post as I get them. I always feel like I never have enough and end up buying something else.

Bridesmaid Gifts

I also ordered bags for the girls but something a little different. I actually ordered theirs on Etsy and the seller was Elizabeths Place. I had the bags personalized with each of the girls names on the bags. All the bags are the same with different names of course. I also bought one for myself because they were just too cute.

bag1

To go inside of their bags I purchased some getting ready robes for each of the girls. Again, each robe is personalized with their initial on the front and Bridesmaid on the back. The picture isn't the robes because I ordered coral for the girls and white for me. It's what the robes look like though except for the colour. The robes were also purchased on Etsy from seller PremiereEmbroidery.

robes

I also bought some coral nail polish to stick in the bags as well. Just bought this at a local salon.

Nails1

I also purchased a necklace set for the girls. I wasn't overly happy with the quality of them though once I got them. The girls can wear them that day if they want or they can wear something of their own. I didn't necessarily buy these for them to wear the day of but figured it would be nice to purchase for them especially with the saying on there.

BM gift

That is all I have for the girls. They will also be getting the tumblers and what the others guests have as well. I feel, once again, that I don't have enough. So if I happen to purchase anything else I will certainly post. I am still looking for something special for my MOH too that I haven't found or come across yet.

The Groomsmen Gifts

Nathan is a big watch person. He loves everything about watches so of course when I asked him what he was getting the guys his number one thing was a watch.

We haven't purchased the watches yet but he is hoping to get something around $120 each. When I get the watches I will post that as well. I will be shoping for those soon.

The Reception "Things"

Cake

The cake I wanted something pretty simple. Basically I want pretty much what is in the picture exept for coral flowers. Simple with a little added colour. I won't be putting flowers on top of the cake just the sides because I have a cake topper.

Here is a cake inspiration picture:

cake1

Cake Topper
So a big deal to us, because our dog won't be there, is to have her someone in the wedding. So I thought of putting her on the cake topper somehow. Nathan loved this idea. So much so I believe that's his favorite part of the wedding. He seems to think for whatever reason that the resort will allow us to bring our dog, Jessie, down there. lol I will show you a picture of my dog too just so  you could tell how awesome the lady did with the detail of the topper. Nathan is also a big video game junkie so I believe it fits perfectly.

jessie

cake topper

The cake topper was also ordered on Etsy from awesometoppers. The lady was super nice and I sent her a few pictures of my dog and she sent me proofs and everything. I would highly recommend her.

Sign In Book

At the reception on the La Barcaza we will also have a guest signing book. Nathan and I are big fans of the movie "UP' and he had this ordered for me as a surprise. He came up with this idea all on his own. I looooove it so much. He also told me he ordered it on Etsy but can't remember the seller...lol Are we seeing a pattern here?

Cover

Pic 2

Pic 5

Pic 4

Pic 3

Pic 6

• Like 7

@@kcole123 - Kristy, that's hilarious.  We had the same book for our guestbook! I found it on Etsy - prob the same seller :)

I have to pick it up at my parents later but I"ll send you some pics of our finished product.   I did a scrapbook as my gift to him for the first half, then the second half we had people take instant pics using a fujifilm instax mini and wrote messages.  We are huge Disney dorks so my DH loved it.  It turned out amazing and might be one of my fave things :)

Everything look wonderful!! The dress looks great and I love the blingy belt haha

Edited by tygrrlily

I needed a new planning thread fix and I'm glad I found yours. I loved so many things from your posts that I can't even list them all! haha. Your shoes are great, hopefully I can find something like that :). Also, your invitations looked amazing! 

Can't wait to read more :)

I wanted to show you girls these shirts I purchased on Etsy for Nathan and I. The seller was signaturethshirts. We will more than likely wear these the day we leave and well I will probably be wearing mine long before that...lol

tshirt2

Tshirt1

Edited by kcole123
  • Like 6

Everything is fantastic. I love it all. Those shoes are to die for!!!

I was also going to suggest photobucket as you can just post the URL into the body off your msg and the picture shows up. .

The tumblers are being used a lot here by my guests. I am glad I lugged them all down. The oh shit kits have also been successful. I got my BMs beach bags and they love them, so for brides wondering re bags I think if I had a do over I would get everyone one.

Great job!!! April isn't too far away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Everything is fantastic. I love it all. Those shoes are to die for!!!

I was also going to suggest photobucket as you can just post the URL into the body off your msg and the picture shows up. .

The tumblers are being used a lot here by my guests. I am glad I lugged them all down. The oh shit kits have also been successful. I got my BMs beach bags and they love them, so for brides wondering re bags I think if I had a do over I would get everyone one.

Great job!!! April isn't too far away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what are you doing here?? lol  you're getting married tomorrow! you're in Mexico! forget about us for a week and go enjoy yourself!! and have an awesome wedding tomorrow! can't wait for the review and pics!!!!

Kristy - everything looks great!! I love those t-shirts! They're great and the robes too!! You're definitely there in terms of having your stuff done!! It won't be long now!

• Like 1

@@kcole123 everything looks great, I love what you've planned and am now addicted to your planning thread Our colours are also coral and grey! You've made me look through many etsy shops so thanks for all the details. How did you find shipping to Canada, were they pricey?